Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mets looking into acquiring Mark Buehrle and Brad Lidge
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

I Root For: Miserables
Mets looking into acquiring Mark Buehrle and Brad Lidge
millege and joe smith for Buehrle. i personally dont think they need starting pitchering. with Manie, Perez, and Sosa hanging around a 3 ERA and el duque have one bad start, it appears glavine is the odd man out with consecative bad starts, but you know there not gonna move him off the rotation. Plus you have Pedro coming back. Would love to look into Dunn,with the mets lack of power, but i wonder how many he could hit out of shea
06-18-2007 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies
RE: Mets looking into acquiring Mark Buehrle and Brad Lidge
I wouldn't want either if I were the Mets. Buerhle is a nice pitcher, but like you said, there's not a huge need for him. I know a lot of people love Lidge, but the Astros want way too much for him. Even if he becomes a dominant reliever again, I'm not sure he's worth what they're asking. And putting him in New York is a huge risk.
06-18-2007 03:52 PM
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

well i understand the Lidge thinking, because lidge use to set up for Wagner, but the cost would be interesting. its going be Heilman and something
06-18-2007 04:08 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
GDawgs88 Wrote:I wouldn't want either if I were the Mets. Buerhle is a nice pitcher, but like you said, there's not a huge need for him. I know a lot of people love Lidge, but the Astros want way too much for him. Even if he becomes a dominant reliever again, I'm not sure he's worth what they're asking. And putting him in New York is a huge risk.

you took the words right out of my mouth. the only thing i can say about buerhle is he would take some heat off the pen.
06-18-2007 04:24 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators
TailgateTiger Wrote:millege and joe smith for Buehrle. i personally dont think they need starting pitchering. with Manie, Perez, and Sosa hanging around a 3 ERA and el duque have one bad start, it appears glavine is the odd man out with consecative bad starts, but you know there not gonna move him off the rotation. Plus you have Pedro coming back. Would love to look into Dunn,with the mets lack of power, but i wonder how many he could hit out of shea

TT,
I'm not claiming to know more about the Mets than you do, but I disagree about them not needing starting pitching. From an outsiders view, getting Buehrle would be a plus, as long as the asking price isn't too steep. He would chew up some innings and maybe revert back to his 2005 form, especially having the added bonus of not facing a DH every game.
Glavine has seen his better days and is a .500 pitcher at best, and is probably on his last leg as a dependable starter.
I've heard many J. Maine detractors, but I think he is the real deal and is just coming into his prime.
Getting a "healthy" Pedro back will be a huge boost and would allow you guys to put Sosa in the pen where he belongs. Last year wasn't a fluke as far as his numbers.

Sosa could be used as a long releiver and a spot starter to give El Duque a much needed extra day off to keep him healthy down the stretch.
The pen looks fairly good with the exception of Mota, who seems to have a bad go of it every 3rd or 4th appearance.

Getting Buehrle would mean Perez sliding into the 5 hole where he would probably flourish. Just my opinion, which doesn't really mean much in the big scheme of things. :tmi:
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2007 04:04 PM by Herd Fan 4-Life.)
06-20-2007 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Uzian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
GDawgs88 Wrote:I wouldn't want either if I were the Mets. Buerhle is a nice pitcher, but like you said, there's not a huge need for him. I know a lot of people love Lidge, but the Astros want way too much for him. Even if he becomes a dominant reliever again, I'm not sure he's worth what they're asking. And putting him in New York is a huge risk.

Lidge is well on his way back to regaining his dominant form

From April 22 till now
19 games | 28.4 IP | 3 ER | 1 HR | 9 BB | 40 K
06-20-2007 05:18 PM
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

Pedro
Glavine
El Duque
Ollie Perez
John Maine
Jorge Sosa

Its hard to picture Glavine, Perez , and Maine being left off the playoff four man rotation(yes i assume that dispete the slump). And i guess its hard to count on Pedro and El Duque being on the rotation, but if one of them is at 70% you know there on it. Sosa was the best pitcher when i posted this. I think you wait it out, they clearly need hitting againist left handed pitching
06-21-2007 10:18 AM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators
Mark Buehrle: Could be Traded

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Update: If the White Sox continue to fade from the pennant race, Buehrle may be placed on the block, with the Mets, Braves, Phillies, Marlins and Cardinals as well as possibly the Yankees interested, the NY Newsday reports

Recommendation: Buehrle, who will be a free agent at the end of the year, is expected to only be a short-term rental, unless he is acquired by the Cardinals, since many believe the Missouri native will sign there next year. If this is the case, Mets' GM Omar Minaya has stated that he will not trade premium talent for a rental, likely ruling out the inclusion of Lastings Milledge or Carlos Gomez in any such deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ro...pe=fantasy
06-21-2007 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

well it looks like he definetly available. a report confirms williams is ready to sell. i dont think the Mets will offer any prize prospects. i would give up lasting milledge for Dontrelle Willis only.
06-25-2007 10:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.