Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Surprised
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Surprised
I was surprised the Blade didn't run an article about BGSU WR Marques Parks being charged with assault outside a BG bar.Maybe the charges are being dropped.
06-07-2007 07:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UT Astrophysics Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rockets/Badgers
RE: Surprised
Really? How surprised?
06-07-2007 07:46 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
I was surprised since the Sentinel-Tribune had run an article.I thought
the Blade was really into this type of story.
06-07-2007 07:59 AM
rocket58 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
story in today's blade
06-07-2007 08:16 AM
UT1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Correction, there was a very small story in today's Toledo Blade. If it was a UT player involved there would be a big article with a huge headline.
06-07-2007 08:47 AM
Advertisement

UT__Rockets Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Donators
You guys are becoming a bunch of crybabies. If the team does it's job on the field, then the press will come. If we win consistantly every year and be come what we think we are, the press will come from a national perspective. If we play like we have, there is no reason not to drill UT. BGSUcks is a nobody anyways, so they aren't that newsworthy.
06-07-2007 09:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UT1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
That's probably why you are first string and I'm only second string. Story of my life a scrub!!!
06-07-2007 09:34 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
How will this affect the Fulmer Cup standings? We were in eighth last I checked.
06-07-2007 10:03 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
I had seen the story in the Blade before I ever read it on this or any other board.
They did their job and reported the story.

I would be likely to punch some jackash hanging all over my wife(girlfriend)/his ex-whatever too.

And it would be in the same second news blurb of the Blade as Parks incident.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2007 07:51 PM by owen.)
06-07-2007 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RocketBandMan Offline
All American

I Root For: Boobs
they got 2 fuler cup points for it.
06-07-2007 07:51 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:How will this affect the Fulmer Cup standings? We were in eighth last I checked.
They still haven't taken away the 4 points from when the charges were dropped against Scooter. Ordinarily, a team looses points when charges are dropped as in the case of Penn State which went from 43 to 23 points after some of their players were cleared.
06-08-2007 12:13 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

owen Wrote:I would be likely to punch some jackash hanging all over my wife(girlfriend)/his ex-whatever too.

I find this kind of scary. The notion that an individual has the right to permanently control another person's behavior through the use of force is the dynamic behind domestic violence, and its no joke. I see the victims every day and the physical scars are rarely the worst part.
On AZZ some folks are saying "well, its not as bad as what Davis did" but I'm not so sure. 54
06-08-2007 07:33 AM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

H2Oville Rocket Wrote:
owen Wrote:I would be likely to punch some jackash hanging all over my wife(girlfriend)/his ex-whatever too.

I find this kind of scary. The notion that an individual has the right to permanently control another person's behavior through the use of force is the dynamic behind domestic violence, and its no joke. I see the victims every day and the physical scars are rarely the worst part.
On AZZ some folks are saying "well, its not as bad as what Davis did" but I'm not so sure. 54
I hadn't thought of that dynamic. Good point.
06-08-2007 09:21 AM
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

RocketJeff Wrote:
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:

Who said anything about controlling anyone's behavior. Or committing an act of violence against a member of your own household or a loved one? Or that anyone has a right to assault anyone else?
I just said it would be a basic gut instinct to hit the man who is groping my wife.
And if he gets scarred he shouldnt have laid his hands on another man's woman.

Parks will pay the price for assaulting the other man. It is illegal. It wasn't justified.

Football is an aggresive sport and if you put aggresive people in a heat of the moment type circumstance you might be on the wrong end of his fist.

And it is not as bad as what Davis did. Davis premeditatedly went to a home with bad intentions in mind. Heavily Armed.
Parks stumbled on a volatile and emotional situation and punched some dude.
06-08-2007 11:11 PM
BGDrew Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BGSU.
Personally, suspend him for the home opener, run him till the coaches are tired, and punish the team to re-iterate how not to present yourself.

Nothing good happens to high profile people after midnight when alcohol is involved. He's just a college kid, but he's a representative of the university who's getting a free ride for an education. How some people can screw that up still confuses me.
06-09-2007 12:04 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
owen Wrote:
RocketJeff Wrote:
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:

Who said anything about controlling anyone's behavior. Or committing an act of violence against a member of your own household or a loved one? Or that anyone has a right to assault anyone else?
I just said it would be a basic gut instinct to hit the man who is groping my wife.
And if he gets scarred he shouldnt have laid his hands on another man's woman.

Parks will pay the price for assaulting the other man. It is illegal. It wasn't justified.

Football is an aggresive sport and if you put aggresive people in a heat of the moment type circumstance you might be on the wrong end of his fist.

And it is not as bad as what Davis did. Davis premeditatedly went to a home with bad intentions in mind. Heavily Armed.
Parks stumbled on a volatile and emotional situation and punched some dude.

According to the MAC Report Online article alcohol was involved in Davis's case.It is reported that he was so intoxicated he went into the wrong house(Deputy Sheriff's).It hardly sounds like a rational premeditated act.
06-09-2007 02:07 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

owen Wrote:Who said anything about controlling anyone's behavior. And if he gets scarred he shouldnt have laid his hands on another man's woman.

Not to belabor the point but the notion that a woman belongs to a man is the source of the controlling behavior. And domestic violence includes a far greater range of activities than assault of a loved one. In this case it was Parks' effort to control his ex-GF's behavior by assaulting those she cares about. Pretty tough to have a relationship when you know that the person you care about is put in danger by you demonstrating affection for him/her.

Your wife? OK, maybe, but an ex-GF to which you alluded as well, is just that. An ex-girl friend.

I'm not sure what being a football player has to do with anything-I knew lots of FB players whe were aggressive on the field, great guys off it. Parks chose to put himself in a heat of the moment situation. The better choice was to walk away and find a new girlfriend.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2007 05:54 AM by H2Oville Rocket.)
06-09-2007 05:50 AM
Advertisement

toledobigmike Offline
1st String

when did this become the Lifetime channel? 01-lauramac203-banghead
06-09-2007 08:08 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

H2Oville Rocket Wrote:
owen Wrote:Who said anything about controlling anyone's behavior. And if he gets scarred he shouldnt have laid his hands on another man's woman.

Not to belabor the point but the notion that a woman belongs to a man is the source of the controlling behavior. And domestic violence includes a far greater range of activities than assault of a loved one. In this case it was Parks' effort to control his ex-GF's behavior by assaulting those she cares about. Pretty tough to have a relationship when you know that the person you care about is put in danger by you demonstrating affection for him/her.

Your wife? OK, maybe, but an ex-GF to which you alluded as well, is just that. An ex-girl friend.

I'm not sure what being a football player has to do with anything-I knew lots of FB players whe were aggressive on the field, great guys off it. Parks chose to put himself in a heat of the moment situation. The better choice was to walk away and find a new girlfriend.

Anyway, I didn't think it was his ex-girlfriend. I thought it was his girlfriend being hugged, or something to that effect, by an ex-boyfriend of hers. I have never re-read the article since I saw it in the second news originally.

Don't hit the other guy. It was wrong. But not a really big deal.

Glad it just wasn't a UT guy. We don't need any piling on right now.
06-09-2007 10:44 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

owen Wrote:
H2Oville Rocket Wrote:

Anyway, I didn't think it was his ex-girlfriend. I thought it was his girlfriend being hugged, or something to that effect, by an ex-boyfriend of hers. I have never re-read the article since I saw it in the second news originally.

Don't hit the other guy. It was wrong. But not a really big deal.

Glad it just wasn't a UT guy. We don't need any piling on right now.

True, Owen. And BigMike I was really shooting more for, say, Oxygen-you know- a little more cutting edge. ;-)
06-09-2007 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.