Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Away Games
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Away Games
I've been guilty of going to mostly nonconference away games when able but over the next five seasons I plan of hitting every Big East venue.

2005: UConn
2006: USF
2007: Pitt (looking forward to a tailgate with Pitt fans and eating some good Pittsburgh food)
2008: Cinci (looking forward to tailgating on Short Vine) and USF again 03-lmfao
2009: Louisville (wanna take in a distillery tour and check out the Highlands)
2010: WVU (wanna walk through the Pit with my Orange gear <death wish>) and Rutgers (need my NYC fix) oh and USF again 04-rock
2011: UCF, ECU and Memphis 05-stirthepot

BTW: I should get my Rutgers guide finalized this week.
http://www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

What away Big East away games are you going to and why?

BTW, Memphis fans I'm going to work up a Memphis guide with a Memphis fan's help sometime in late June or July. Can UCF and ECU be far behind? 01-wingedeagle
06-04-2007 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators
RE: Away Games
2007 - Louisville
2008 - Cincinnati

I've been to Morgantown for several games. I picked those 2 because I can drive in a single day. Between my job and reserve commitments, I don't plan very far ahead.
06-04-2007 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Quote:What away Big East away games are you going to and why?

--In odd years I usually make the trip down to College Park to watch the WVU/Maryland game. However, since that game is on a Thursday night and that series is going into hibernation, I might have to sub making annual trips to UC instead. I have heard that Nippert Staduim is a really nice play to see a game

-- Would really like to go down to Louisville to watch the Mountaineers, but tickets will be mighty hard to come by untill they expand their staduim. Ditto with Rutgers

-- One game that I was not able to attend, but heard it was great time from many people was when West Virginia played East Carolina in Charlotte. I hope the two schools try to do that again at some point.

Quote: 2010: WVU (wanna walk through the Pit with my Orange gear <death wish>

-- You'll probably be ok. The average WVU fans hatred of Syracuse has declined by a lot during the last 10-12 years. In the mid to late 1990s there was almost a Pitt/Va Tech feeling to that game from our fan base. I actually saw a few SU fans at Mountaineer Field for the game last yr which is very rare. For whatever reason SU fans just don't travel to Morgantown in large numbers. From what I saw they were having a great time 04-cheers ....well....great time before the game started03-wink

Quote:BTW, Memphis fans I'm going to work up a Memphis guide with a Memphis fan's help sometime in late June or July. Can UCF and ECU be far behind?

-- Getting ready for the split now? I love it 04-rock

Jackson
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2007 01:00 PM by Jackson1011.)
06-04-2007 12:57 PM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE
Cincy
honestly, it's the only game I can afford to attend without straining my budget cause it's a short drive and I don't need to overnight (unless I just want to and Cincy is so nice I usually do). With their renewed vigor and fan support, I'm afraid it's going to be harder and harder to walk up and get a ticket...then eventually it will be hard to get a ticket period. That's a good thing...keep up the good work Cincy.
06-04-2007 01:06 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
cardtopper Wrote:Cincy
honestly, it's the only game I can afford to attend without straining my budget cause it's a short drive and I don't need to overnight (unless I just want to and Cincy is so nice I usually do). With their renewed vigor and fan support, I'm afraid it's going to be harder and harder to walk up and get a ticket...then eventually it will be hard to get a ticket period. That's a good thing...keep up the good work Cincy.

UC is nowhere near close to that just yet, but the general feeling at this point is that attendance will show a major improvement this season.
06-04-2007 01:11 PM
aTxTIGER Online
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
TexanMark Wrote:I've been guilty of going to mostly nonconference away games when able but over the next five seasons I plan of hitting every Big East venue.

2007: Pitt (looking forward to a tailgate with Pitt fans and eating some good Pittsburgh food)
2008: Cinci (looking forward to tailgating on Short Vine) and USF again 03-lmfao
2010: WVU (wanna walk through the Pit with my Orange gear <death wish>) and Rutgers (need my NYC fix) oh and USF again 04-rock

BTW: I should get my Rutgers guide finalized this week.
http://www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

What away Big East away games are you going to and why?

BTW, Memphis fans I'm going to work up a Memphis guide with a Memphis fan's help sometime in late June or July. Can UCF and ECU be far behind? 01-wingedeagle

If you are doing a Memphis guide for a possible 2011 game, you might want to wait a couple of months. We might not be playing in the Liberty Bowl then.....hopefully.
06-04-2007 02:30 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Sounds like fun Mark! I will be at the UofL game in Cincinnati. I'll have to see past that.
06-04-2007 03:45 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
TexanMark Wrote:I've been guilty of going to mostly nonconference away games when able but over the next five seasons I plan of hitting every Big East venue.

Of the current BEast football member schools, I've been to Louisville, Pitt and Syracuse in my Mountaineer gear. Of course, I haven't been to a game in Louisville since Schnellenberger was coach. And I think Johnny Majors was coaching when I last went to a game at Pitt. But since my sister lives in upstate NY, so I get to Syracuse every couple years or so.

I remember going to the 1988 Syracuse game in the dome. My sister-in-law was pregnant, and my family was this little sea of old gold and blue in a sea of orange in the corner of the end zone. We drove everyone around us nuts telling Karen she should name the baby Don Nehlen Major Harris Smith, and started singing it to the tune of John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith. To add to the Syracuse fans misery, WVU shut out the Orange and won big by the score of 31-9. That was a great time!!!
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2007 04:22 PM by bitcruncher.)
06-04-2007 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.