Food for thought about next year
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

PG-Dock
SG-Duhon
SF-Ewing
PF-Dahntay
C-Thompson

This sounds small, but Ewing and Dahntay play much taller than they are.

This lineup would do a couple nice things.

Duhon could get his shot easier.

We would get better penetration.

Ewing would cause match up problems on offense by his quickness.

Jones could use his jumping ability for low post play.

We would have Shelden, Redick and Shav coming off of the bench. Not too bad of a bench, either.
05-09-2002 08:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

drew
Unregistered

I don't see K starting that small of a lineup. Jones at 4? No way. He's about 6'4" at best I've met the guy. Ewing at 3? He's going to have to get tougher and stronger. Dockery isn't ready to start at Duke's level yet. I see Duke starting Duhon, Ewing, Jones, Williams, and Sanders if Sanders is still is good standing and Williams is cleared and admitted.
05-09-2002 10:30 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Jones is 6'5 at the smallest, and I've seen him listed at about 6'6 1/2. Like I said, he plays about 6'8, and has plenty of bulk.

Ewing needs to add weight, and he will. I don't see him starting that lineup, either, but it's just interesting to fiddle with the lineup.
05-09-2002 10:35 PM
Advertisement

TheHumanBullet
Unregistered

All i'm sure of is that Dockery will not start.
05-10-2002 08:37 PM
hoops13
Unregistered

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nate jonesacc:
PG-Dock
SG-Duhon
SF-Ewing
PF-Dahntay
C-Thompson
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you ever played that lineup, you would be outrebounded by every other team in the league.
05-10-2002 08:49 PM
JoltinJacket
Unregistered

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hoops13:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by nate jonesacc:
PG-Dock
SG-Duhon
SF-Ewing
PF-Dahntay
C-Thompson
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you ever played that lineup, you would be outrebounded by every other team in the league.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good point.
05-11-2002 12:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.