Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Striped Crew for Fall
Bookmark and Share
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
Striped Crew for Fall
Hopefully we'll have Striped Crew stuff (socks, shirts...) in the bookstore by July. I think that'll be cool. Look for boost to the web site, an incentive attendance plan, volunteer recruiting, new apparrel and merchendise, event planning, and sponsorship seeking.

There's a ton going on. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Suggestions would be great! We may have to do fundraisers to get off the ground.

Biz is doing wonders for getting a younger, student oriented focus in the Athletic department. The more response, the better and faster all the programs will grow.
05-23-2007 11:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Striped Crew for Fall
well if we can get stuff in the bookstore striped crew will be HUGE. The shirts for the uga game and the baseball and softball games were very popular and a lot of students really liked them. A sponsor would be nice as well.

Nick, do u know what any of the shirts are gonna look like?
05-24-2007 09:03 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Well I'm making the designs so whatever. I imagine something similar to what we've printed in the past. Same quality, style as of right now. If you have any suggestions or comments, let me know. We need more heads thinking on this stuff. More the better cause right now it's less than a handfull of people making the decisions.

[Image: n23201341_31680446_2447.jpg]
[Image: n23201341_31435819_3901.jpg]
05-24-2007 09:13 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
We're in the process of doing some cool things for the Fall. Someone mentioned getting more people on the boards. That'd be a great way to drum up some excitement. At least talk to people who have a similar interest. I know KSULife.com, KSUStudents.com, hell I even had one KSUForum.com have all tried to get students to start posting and crap but I think this board offers a different avenue other than just Owl praising. Might be a good idea to get some of your friends on here if you want to drum up some support.

Other than that, we're still looking at ways to increase student attendance at all sporting events. We're going to have to start selling out, or at least coming close to remain competitive. If you have any ideas, let me know and I'll make sure they get to the right people in the department. It's time for some other people to start coming forward and help make a difference in attendance.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2007 08:48 AM by Nick M.)
06-06-2007 08:48 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
We're also closing in on a deal with the bookstore so we won't necessarily have to sell our stuff online.
06-06-2007 09:40 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

thats good. the bookstore needs more shirts and stuff like that. I just got my ACHA national champs shirt, i'm glad the bookstore was selling it.

also the bookstore needs to work on their hat selection. god its awful. We need more fitted hats with our official team logos on them..and more stuff with our official team logos on shirts as well.
06-06-2007 11:23 AM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
We're listening. When you buy Striped Crew stuff, it goes into tailgates and promotions instead of just dissappearing into the bookstores thin air.
06-06-2007 11:28 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

so where do u all get the money from to make the shirts?
06-06-2007 11:34 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
From selling shirts. Vicious cycle... there's a SMALL amount that being an RSO but that wouldn't buy 20 shirts even if they decided to use all the money. lol, there will be more when they've been established...

In the pipeline:
Fundraisers
Begging departments (Student Life, Athletics, Student Government even though it won't be as favorable as it was with James Touchton)
Meetings
Board/Officers

There's a lot of chance to get extremely involved if anyone is interested. I would contact biz@stripedcrew.com or Sean "Biz" Bizjack on Facebook if you're interested.
06-06-2007 11:58 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Alright, we're a go on the bookstore! Our launch date should be after July 1st (inventory reasons) and we should have shirts and socks to start with.

The socks are pretty much a done deal. I am going to print shirts with the logo that is sitting on the top of the socks packaging. Let me know your thoughts.

[Image: n23201341_32053916_89.jpg]
[Image: n23201341_32053915_9777.jpg]

Expect more stuff as the year gets closer and we start making more money. As always, suggestions are welcomed.
06-07-2007 05:45 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

beautiful. what do the shirts look like?
06-07-2007 07:11 PM
Advertisement

Jeremo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Owlzfan84 Wrote:thats good. the bookstore needs more shirts and stuff like that. I just got my ACHA national champs shirt, i'm glad the bookstore was selling it.

also the bookstore needs to work on their hat selection. god its awful. We need more fitted hats with our official team logos on them..and more stuff with our official team logos on shirts as well.

I agree. The school needs more stuff with our official athletic logo on it. The only way we can sell KSU is for people to recognize the logo.
06-07-2007 09:21 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
The shirts are going to be the top logo on the socks packaging.

[Image: n23201341_32057394_4238.jpg]
06-07-2007 09:27 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

very nice. maybe one day we'll get those shirts sold in the mall or something
06-07-2007 09:49 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
If you have any contacts, just let me know... I can go around to the college station places and see if they want to order some. That wouldn't be too terribly time consuming.
06-08-2007 10:14 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
The socks are in the bookstore. We've gone through a shipment already. The group is promoting at student orientations throughout the summer (one was today). They now have a governing board, some structure and a solid list of volunteers.

New to the mix, Athletic calendars (with Striped Crew Hotties)... It's going to be pretty fun to produce those. I don't normally get to work in full color. Think about the schedule magnets and put it on a calendar with striped crew events circled/featured.

Trying to get shirts in the bookstore ASAP since the socks are selling well.

We may just tell the bookstore lady what to do on some of the stuff cause I agree, there's a lot of weak stuff in there.

They still need people to volunteer to help plan photoshoots, tailgates, promotions on campus, get connections in the community.
07-27-2007 10:49 AM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i'll volunteer on something like that

i was there today and i got some socks for my little brother. they got a couple new hats there with the official athletic logos on...maybe they took my advice a few months ago when i said get some more of those in. i bought myself one..its pretty cool. They also had these new girls shirt with our athletic logos on.
07-27-2007 04:42 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Available Friday in the KSU Bookstore.
[Image: n23201341_32341969_4405.jpg]
07-30-2007 11:08 AM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
i will have to get one! looks nice.
07-30-2007 01:33 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i'll be there. do we have anymore designs coming?
07-30-2007 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.