Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TWO four way matches for Backlash?
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
TWO four way matches for Backlash?
So we've got Cena-HBK-Edge-Orton for the WWE title. That's fine with me. That'll be a great one, and I think this will be HBK's night.

But then, we've got Lashley-Umaga-Vince-Shane on the same card?

Someone say overkill?

Maybe this is just me, but I am so sick of Bobby Lashley. This guy makes me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty fork. They have tried so hard to build him up as the second coming of Brock Lesnar, and he simply DOES NOT HAVE IT.

No charisma, no kind of personality...he is nothing more than another run of the mill, roided up, jacked up power guy with a few high impact moves. He is nothing that we haven't seen 15,000 times, and this "feud' with the McMahons is nothing that we haven't seen 15,000 times.

Big, tough guy rebels against the mighty McMahons and decides nobody's going to tell him what to do....ho hum..whatever.

I mean, sure....it's a concept that CAN be recycled and done over and over again..if it's done right, and if it's with the right guy.

But Bobby Lashley is BORING on an ungodly level.

Here's the primary difference between Brock Lesnar and Bobby Lashley...

Brock came across as a legitimate killer because that's what he was built up as when they first introduced him.

They brought Lashley in as a smiling babyface, and the guy never had a chance to really get over as a threat.

He is in a position that he is NOT ready for, and it's coming across in these crappy performances he's been a part of these last several weeks.

Shane nearly murdered him tonight with that chair shot...now THAT was entertaining.

By the way, I'm totally digging Vince's black hat. lol
04-09-2007 10:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

I agree on Lashley. That was why I asked if he was really the person to face Umaga at Wrestlemania. They have done an excellent job of building Umaga up as an unstoppable monster a la Kamala back in the day. To have him get beat by lashley was just bad.

I agree that they have to do something different with Lashley then the smiling routine. He needs to be turned. I would like to see a thug type alliance with Cryme Tyme or he can join the "because I am black" routine or something to spice him up.
04-10-2007 09:48 AM
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners
Re: TWO four way matches for Backlash?
HornLakeTiger Wrote:Maybe this is just me, but I am so sick of Bobby Lashley. This guy makes me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty fork. They have tried so hard to build him up as the second coming of Brock Lesnar, and he simply DOES NOT HAVE IT.

No charisma, no kind of personality...he is nothing more than another run of the mill, roided up, jacked up power guy with a few high impact moves. He is nothing that we haven't seen 15,000 times, and this "feud' with the McMahons is nothing that we haven't seen 15,000 times.

Big, tough guy rebels against the mighty McMahons and decides nobody's going to tell him what to do....ho hum..whatever.

I mean, sure....it's a concept that CAN be recycled and done over and over again..if it's done right, and if it's with the right guy.

Brock came across as a legitimate killer because that's what he was built up as when they first introduced him.

They brought Lashley in as a smiling babyface, and the guy never had a chance to really get over as a threat.

He is in a position that he is NOT ready for, and it's coming across in these crappy performances he's been a part of these last several weeks.

Shane nearly murdered him tonight with that chair shot...now THAT was entertaining.

I expect Snitsky to be pushed up for #1 contender for the ECW championship, and probably the one who will beat Lashley for it.
04-11-2007 09:44 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
Re: TWO four way matches for Backlash?
Proud El Pasoan Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:Maybe this is just me, but I am so sick of Bobby Lashley. This guy makes me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty fork. They have tried so hard to build him up as the second coming of Brock Lesnar, and he simply DOES NOT HAVE IT.

I expect Snitsky to be pushed up for #1 contender for the ECW championship, and probably the one who will beat Lashley for it.
Snitsky? How is he any better than Lashley? I like Lashley though. I do not like Umaga, his style is very boring to me and I'm not a huge fan of fat wrestlers.
04-12-2007 01:55 PM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I actually like the Umaga character. Like mump said, I liked how they built him up as an unbeatable monster.

I'm just old school and I like Samoan wrestlers..LOL.

I still say they should rehire Rosey, give him an Umaga-like gimmick, and team them up to form a 21st century type Islanders.

And mump had mentioned Cryme Tyme...here's my take on them.

Cryme Tyme could be absolutely brilliant if Vince wasn't so scared to use that gimmick to its fullest potential.

They could be some of the biggest, baddest heels on Raw if they were turned from a comedy act into a pair of pissed off thugs with an NWA mentality. And I don't mean the National Wrestling Alliance. LOL

Lashley would be perfect if he were teamed up with them as their silent muscle.
04-12-2007 03:40 PM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

I like the way HLT thinks. An NWA attitude on Cryme Tyme would be great.

Didn't WWE used to have a militant/thug black group back in the day? I think they need one now. With Lashley, Benjamin and Cryme Tyme, they could make noise for all the major titles.
04-13-2007 09:15 AM
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners

uhmump95 Wrote:Didn't WWE used to have a militant/thug black group back in the day?

Wasn't that the Nation of Domination which was Ron Simmons' stable?
04-13-2007 02:39 PM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Proud El Pasoan Wrote:
uhmump95 Wrote:Didn't WWE used to have a militant/thug black group back in the day?

Wasn't that the Nation of Domination which was Ron Simmons' stable?

Indeed. That was Ron Simmons, who was known as Faarooq in those days. That group had Mark Henry, D Lo Brown, the Godfather, and even Owen Hart at one time.. lol

Ohyeah, and this one kid who got tired of being told that he sucked ended up joining the group for a little while. I think his name was Rocky...
04-13-2007 03:01 PM
BlazerJoe Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Navy, ASU

Folding@NCAAbbs

I like the Nation of Domination thing; the only problem is that Shelton is doing okay with Charlie Haas.

That would be pretty cool, though.
04-13-2007 08:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.