Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

wrestlers linked to probe of pharmacy
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

I Root For: Miserables
wrestlers linked to probe of pharmacy
Orton, other wrestlers linked to probe of pharmacyAssociated Press

Eleven professional wrestlers, including the WWE's Randy Orton, have joined the list of athletes linked to a nationwide steroids investigation.

Notable names linked to scandal
MLB
03-20-2007 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

How is Chris Masters not listed. That guy looks like a walking roid factory....
03-20-2007 09:47 AM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

I figured to see Masters and possibly Bobby Lashley on the list.
03-20-2007 12:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners

This is shocking.

So will suspensions be involved? Both Edge and Randy Orton are on the WrestleMania card, they are top-tier RAW superstars whose absenses could proably hurt RAW if they were suspended.

Chris Masters was put on hiatus because he did have a drug problem he needed to clean up before returning to WWE.

Rey Mysterio doens't seem like the druggie type, that is a surprise.

So are they trying to say that Eddie Guerrero was not so "sober" for four years like we all thought?
03-20-2007 06:33 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Pro-wrestlers use steroids? 04-jawdrop
03-21-2007 12:47 PM
Advertisement

HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis

Actually, if you compare Mysterio today to Mysterio of 1996, the difference is pretty amazing.

He had to bulk up to be able to work the "WWE style". You don't see him fly nearly as much as he used to do.
03-21-2007 02:18 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

HornLakeTiger Wrote:Actually, if you compare Mysterio today to Mysterio of 1996, the difference is pretty amazing.

He had to bulk up to be able to work the "WWE style". You don't see him fly nearly as much as he used to do.

The changes in Eddie Guerrero were pretty significant too.
03-22-2007 09:05 AM
rocketman49 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo

Edge's response, through his myspace, to the SI story:

Dear Blogees (did I just create a word?)

If you are reading this blog and it sees the light of day, than that means that an article has been written by a Sports Illustrated writer that states I received HGH from a pharmacy in 2003. So, I'll cut right to the chase like I always do. It's true. However, it's not exactly breaking, earth shattering news. It's actually old news. I admitted to this on national television in Canada in 2004 on Off The Record. When host Michael Lansberg asked me if I'd ever taken steroids, without consulting me before the show, I was perturbed, but answered without hesitation, "Yes, I have."

In hindsight, I'm glad he asked the question. It got it out in the open and anyone who follows my career or supports me already knows this information about me. I won't try to defend my actions. I took them when coming back from my spinal fusion neck surgery when I was told by doctors that it would help the bones grow back around the screws and plate that were now inserted in my neck. I'm not glorifying. I'm not condoning. Just telling you why I decided to take them. I took blood tests, consulted doctors, read up, studied them, got prescriptions, and decided to do it. That's pretty much it folks, but I wanted you to get my response straight from me and not through the words of another write. Now as I'm sure most you can tell, I don't take steroids and haven't in a very long time, long before the WWE drug testing wellness policy was implemented. Hell, I barely see the inside of a gym anymore, let alone take performance enhancing substances!

So, in closing, to the columnist (not the Sports Illustrated columnist, but actually another one) who said a "roided up thing called Edge" was at the NHL ALL Star Game a few weeks ago, in 2003, this may have been true. Now, not in the least, as my random urine tests, which have always been negative will attest. I guess I'll take the fact that he thought I was as somewhat of a compliment. To the fact that I've been lucky enough to have been gifted with a 6 foot 5, 240lb body naturally. And finally made it to the top of my industry last year on my own, clean as a whistle. To those, like that columnist and any other naysayers that will hold my past against me? I've made mistakes. Will do so again in the future I'm sure. But I won't hide from them. If you're reading this, you know that's not my style.

Until next time, from everybody's favorite, clean urine,
Edgemiester!
03-22-2007 10:50 AM
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP Miners

WWE.com responds:

A Statement From World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.
March 19, 2007

All of the allegations set forth in a recent SI.com article mentioning WWE predate the initiation of WWE
03-23-2007 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.