Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Guess it is all good unless you drop the "N-Bomb".
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
Guess it is all good unless you drop the "N-Bomb".
[quote] From People.com

Outrage Grows Over Rosie O'Donnell's Asian Joke
TUESDAY DECEMBER 12, 2006 11:20AM EST

By Cynthia Wang and Stephen M. Silverman

Members of the Asian-American community are expressing offense over remarks made by Rosie O'Donnell last week on The View.

Commenting on Dec. 5 about a visit to the ABC show by an inebriated Danny DeVito, O'Donnell said: "The fact is that it's news all over the world. That you know, you can imagine in China it's like: 'Ching chong. Danny DeVito, ching chong, chong, chong, chong. Drunk. The View. Ching chong.' "

O'Donnell wrote on her Web site on Friday, "It was not my intent to mock." On Sunday, she called the bit "comedy" and wrote, "I do many accents and probably will continue to. My mom in law impression offends some southerners. What can u do? I come in peace."

Over the weekend, O'Donnell's rep, Cindi Berger, said in a statement: "She's a comedian in addition to being a talk show co-host. I certainly hope that one day they will be able to grasp her humor."

But the explanation did not satisfy many, including New York City councilman John C. Liu, who sent a letter to View executive producer Barbara Walters.

Liu told FOXNews.com on Monday: "The 'ching-chong' bit is not a trivial matter. It really hits a raw nerve for many people in the community
12-12-2006 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

The Asians don't have a Jackson and I'm too busy earning a living to care if others are making fun of us whites.
12-12-2006 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Rosie is a prominant liberal. You're not going to hear anything.
12-12-2006 04:20 PM
Quote this message in a reply
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

So far since Rosie has been on the view, she has attacked...

Christians

Pro-Life people

Asians

But the Views ratings are better than ever. 02-13-banana

Seriously though....I thought Liberals were supposed to be tolerant of others. Where I work, it's always the liberals that stand up and shout against holiday displays, etc.
12-12-2006 05:24 PM
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU

Quote:Hell, I'm liberal on most social issues

Damn liberals, can't stand em'.

RebKev said this on another thread. How do I get the quote to say Reb said it? I know I'm pretty damn ornery. ;-)
12-12-2006 07:01 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Machiavelli Wrote:RebKev said this on another thread. How do I get the quote to say Reb said it? I know I'm pretty damn ornery. ;-)

There is a difference between being liberal on certain issues and being a batshit-crazy liberal. ..but then again, you think the media has a conservative bias, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.
12-13-2006 09:06 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Endzone2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami Redhawks

Where does the National Association of White Journalist come down on all this?
12-13-2006 09:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

This would have gotten Jimmy the Greek fired. I guess it just proves that you can be intolerant, if you only bash the right people.

BTW, what would O'Donnel know about "comedy". She used to host a stand-up comedy show in the early 1990s. She was terrible.
12-14-2006 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.