Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lieberman
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Lieberman
Anyone know how Lieberman is doing in Connecticut? I don't hear this listed as a toss-up race, which could mean either that Liebman or lamont has big lead, or that one of the "Democrats" is expected to win and so it is not a toss-up.

If Lieberman wins, do you think he will keep his Independent designation, or will he and the Democratic party kiss and make up? I would think there could be some bitterness there.

If he keeps his Ind. desination, how does this affect his committee assignments if the Republicans retain control of the Senate? If the Dems get control?
10-27-2006 12:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

The Gamble-Tron 2000 picks Cincinnati by 200 points!? Worthless hunk of junk.[/url]
10-27-2006 07:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

Most polls have Lieberman up by double digits. He is going to win despite the efforts of the Democrats and moveon.org crowd to oust him.
Big question is how the Senate race will play out. If it is close like 51R-49D then Lieberman is in a very strong position much like Jeffords was when he switched to Independent and swung power in the Senate.

If the Democrats flat out win the Senate then Lieberman may mantain is Independent title to make him more of a national figure.The Democrats in control of the Senate will still need his vote on a lot of things as they are going to be no where near the Seats needed to avoid a fillibuster.
10-27-2006 07:31 AM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

I believe he's said that if he won as an independant he would still caucus with the democrats, which means his vote for majority leader would be for Reid.

I'll be impressed if he stays loyal to the party that abandoned him during the primary.
10-27-2006 08:36 AM
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Ninerfan1 Wrote:I believe he's said that if he won as an independant he would still caucus with the democrats, which means his vote for majority leader would be for Reid.

I'll be impressed if he stays loyal to the party that abandoned him during the primary.

I imagine his loyalty to the Democrats will be rewarded with some very fat pork spending for CT.

My guess is the Navy will magically need some more submarines that are built in CT.
10-27-2006 08:42 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ShoreBuc Wrote:My guess is the Navy will magically need some more submarines that are built in CT.

The submarines are only half-built in CT; the other half is built in VA.

And you can never have too many submarines.
10-27-2006 10:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

OwlJacket Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:My guess is the Navy will magically need some more submarines that are built in CT.

The submarines are only half-built in CT; the other half is built in VA.

And you can never have too many submarines.

We have plenty and with the demise of the former Soviet Union and their Navy we probably have too many. They will come in handy one day when China grows to be a more legitimate military power but right now China does not have a Navy that would justify the number of Sub's that we have.

I have no doubt that the Senators and Congressman in CT, VA and MS are going to let us cut back in Navy spending.
10-27-2006 11:09 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators

ShoreBuc Wrote:Most polls have Lieberman up by double digits. He is going to win despite the efforts of the Democrats and moveon.org crowd to oust him.
Big question is how the Senate race will play out. If it is close like 51R-49D then Lieberman is in a very strong position much like Jeffords was when he switched to Independent and swung power in the Senate.

If the Democrats flat out win the Senate then Lieberman may mantain is Independent title to make him more of a national figure.The Democrats in control of the Senate will still need his vote on a lot of things as they are going to be no where near the Seats needed to avoid a fillibuster.

Good to see someone is to be rewarded for standing on principle instead of bowing to pressure to march in lockstep with a party. I guess the people of Connecticut really do like him.
10-27-2006 11:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.