Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Official "Curse Your Team" Thread
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies
The Official "Curse Your Team" Thread
Since it appears this may be an excrutiating season for the Braves and I don't want to start a new thread ranting about them every night, I'll use this thread as a neat, compact area for my venting on my sorry team. You can use it to if you ever feel the need to chew on the ass of your team.

SCREW YOU, BRAVES!
04-29-2006 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Uzian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston

I'm hoping the Astros are not deciding to go into a "we cannot hit the broad side of a brick wall" mode they seem to love to do every year for a month or so.
04-29-2006 11:17 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Uzian Wrote:I'm hoping the Astros are not deciding to go into a "we cannot hit the broad side of a brick wall" mode they seem to love to do every year for a month or so.
We feel your pain. It seems like the Braves go through a stretch like that every year, too. We can't buy a run right now. Not surprising when you have the brainless wonder Terry Pendelton as your hitting coach. We're going through a nasty spell right now, and it's killing me to watch. So much dominant pitching going to waste.
04-30-2006 11:31 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

F#%& YOU BRAVES!!!!! F@!# YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-06-2006 02:35 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

**** the Reds!!!. They lose a game 7-1 last night in which they gave up 1 earned run. All 6 unearned runs (plus the earned run) came in the 2nd inning.
05-06-2006 03:51 PM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

JFlight21 Wrote:damn the Reds!!!. They lose a game 7-1 last night in which they gave up 1 earned run. All 6 unearned runs (plus the earned run) came in the 2nd inning.

So 1 bad games out of 30 + and your cursing your team?!? I figured with the way the Reds ahve played the last couple of years, people would give just about anything to have a start like this, including ONE GAME, where they give up 6 unearned runs...
05-08-2006 07:16 AM
Advertisement

zelinleaf Offline
Special Teams

jrhessey Wrote:So 1 bad games out of 30 + and your cursing your team?!? I figured with the way the Reds ahve played the last couple of years, people would give just about anything to have a start like this, including ONE GAME, where they give up 6 unearned runs...
They've had hot starts like this recently, in 02 and 04, only to fade out in the summer. While it's nice to see the fast start, it's still frustrating to watch when the team beats itself with multiple bonehead plays.
05-09-2006 12:13 AM
Uzian Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston

Why can't the Astros win on the road? 03-hissyfit
05-09-2006 10:18 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Uzian Wrote:Why can't the Astros win on the road? 03-hissyfit

because they aren't that good. but i guess not everyone can have our sick rotation. if cain is back, then our rotation is the best in the league. we have 6 starters.
05-23-2006 10:30 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I would go ballistic on the Braves, but I'm at a loss for words. Just speechless over how bad this team is.
06-04-2006 02:46 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

the giants still suck, but our bullpen is shaping up to be amazing, which is pretty cool. i mean benitez still sucks, but accardo is pitching out of his mind, bringing the heat at 95, wilson is nasty and also throws 95. plus we just brought up our closer from AA, jonathan sanchez who has a ferocious slider. if this team would unload alou at the deadline and get some prospects it could rebuild. 2 things need to happen in order for us to rebuild quickly:
1) we must resign Schmidt, or trade him for a package of prospects
2) trade some veterans at the deadline and try to get some prospects
06-04-2006 08:13 PM
Advertisement

jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

GDawgs88 Wrote:I would go ballistic on the Braves, but I'm at a loss for words. Just speechless over how bad this team is.

ditto for the Tribe...
06-04-2006 09:43 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

jrhessey Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:I would go ballistic on the Braves, but I'm at a loss for words. Just speechless over how bad this team is.

ditto for the Tribe...

yeah, i guess things aren't going as planned in cleveland, are they? lee's been trash and victor's power numbers are nonexistent.
06-04-2006 10:26 PM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

A couple good games = excitement in Atlanta.

Soon overshadowed by terrible losses at home to teams like Arizona.. :thumbdown:
06-04-2006 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

A team is no better than it's owner is at managing it.

The Braves owner is AOL.

.... ouch ....
06-05-2006 10:15 AM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:A team is no better than it's owner is at managing it.

The Braves owner is AOL.

.... ouch ....
And the new ownership probably is only going to be worse.
06-05-2006 11:47 AM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Braves lose again tonight and are now 1-7 on their current homestand.

I could rip the team, but that speaks for itself.
06-05-2006 10:01 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I officially declare, on June 9th, 2006, the Braves run of division titles dead. Done. History. Finished. Gone. Bye-bye.
06-09-2006 10:03 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

Reds had won 8 in a row but they lost last night. Were down 1 in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and NO ONE out and they cant get the tying run across. Add that on to the 2 run double on a easy fly that Kearns slipped trying to get and the Reds should have won.
06-10-2006 12:54 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

JFlight21 Wrote:Reds had won 8 in a row but they lost last night. Were down 1 in the bottom of the ninth with the bases loaded and NO ONE out and they cant get the tying run across. Add that on to the 2 run double on a easy fly that Kearns slipped trying to get and the Reds should have won.
That was a tough loss and inexcusable not to win the game with the bases loaded and none out down only by a run, but I wouldn't hate on the Reds. They're entitled to a loss like that the way they've played. I thought early on that this was going to be 2004 all over again. They get off to a blazing start then fade into oblivion by the All-Star Break, but I think the Reds are a serious playoff contender. With Pujols out for a while, the door's open for the Reds to be in this division race all year long if they can open up a few games of seperation.
06-10-2006 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.