Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TD to try again?
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Former 2,000-yard rusher plans to be at camp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denver Broncos: Running back Terrell Davis, who has appeared in just 17 games since becoming only the fourth player to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season, has apprised team officials that he intends to be at training camp in an attempt to revive his career.

Davis, 30, has not participated in any of the team's organized offseason workouts. Instead, he has been in Phoenix diligently rehabilitating from a series of knee injuries that appeared to have ended his career. The tailback did not play at all in 2002, and even bade farewell to Denver fans in a preseason game. But he did not formally announced his retirement, nor did he file retirement documents with the league.

There was some speculation the Broncos would release Davis earlier this week, but the team appears to have sufficient salary cap room for now. The seven-year veteran had already reduced his salary to the league minimum. Assuming Davis reports for camp, the Broncos will have to make a decision regarding his future.

Before he can even get back on the practice field, however, Davis must pass a physical exam. Given the subjective nature of NFL physicals, it is uncertain if Davis would be cleared by the Denver medical staff to resume his career.

The former University of Georgia back rushed for 6,413 yards in his first four seasons in the league, including a 2,008-yard performance in 1998. But because of knee injuries and resultant surgeries, Davis played in just four games in 1999, five contests in 2000 and eight games in 2001. His rushing total for those three seasons was just 660 yards.
06-07-2003 01:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

raptorcox Offline
NBA Moderator

I Root For: USC Gamecocks

Crappies

For some reason I thought this thread was about Tony Dorsett 03-wink
06-23-2003 04:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

raptorcox Wrote:For some reason I thought this thread was about Tony Dorsett 03-wink
Now that would be a miracle, rap! :laugh:
06-23-2003 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.