Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Affirmative Action
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished. It has some perks, but still disagree on the whole.
01-23-2004 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

STRONGLY Disagree.
01-23-2004 10:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

cbfranchise3 Wrote:For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished. It has some perks, but still disagree on the whole.
Racism has perks? What might those be?
01-23-2004 10:31 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

KlutzDio I Wrote:
cbfranchise3 Wrote:For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.  It has some perks, but still disagree on the whole.
Well, Louis Farrakhan has become rich over it.
01-23-2004 10:45 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

KlutzDio I Wrote:
cbfranchise3 Wrote:For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.  It has some perks, but still disagree on the whole.
i thought you were smart? he said that affirmative action has perks, not racism, duh.
01-23-2004 11:07 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

Affirmative action has outlived its expiration date. It may have been useful in the past, when discrimination was a very serious issue. Now its just a tool to "diversify" colleges. Its racism in reverse. But against the white man.
01-23-2004 11:38 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

T-Monay820 Wrote:Affirmative action has outlived its expiration date. It may have been useful in the past, when discrimination was a very serious issue. Now its just a tool to "diversify" colleges. Its racism in reverse. But against the white man.
no, it's not reverse racism, it's racism. plain and simple. racism doesn't mean being discriminatory to blacks, it means anyone discriminating anyone else because of race.
01-23-2004 11:43 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I meant affirmative action has some perks, as swoosh kindly pointed out. And it does, like contributing to a more diverse college, etc. This was a good thing when racism was still a huge problem in this country towards blacks, and I am not saying it is not a problem now, but at this point affirmative action is doing more harm than good. It is turning into racism against whites.
01-24-2004 07:04 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Not really racism, but discrimination. Racism tends to get thrown around too freely, mostly by black Democrats
( :D KD), and people are starting to forget what racism is exactly....the inherent belief of superiority over another race.
01-24-2004 07:11 AM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

KlutzDio I Wrote:
In the two sentences, "it" is a pronoun representing "racism" introduced into the first sentence. This is a good example of when the pronoun used does not modify the subject "affirmative action."

cbfranchise said "For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished. It has some perks, but still disagree on the whole."

The only thing "it" could refer to in these two sentences is racism. CBfranchise did not use affirmative action in either sentence. CB used affirmative action in the topic title. In the text of his post, affirmative action is not mentioned, but racism is.

I thought he was trying to convince us that racism has its perks. I was just wondering what that might be.
01-24-2004 07:12 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

[quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.
01-24-2004 07:53 PM
Advertisement

tysramm1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

wow noone that has voted yet has supported affirmative action
01-24-2004 09:44 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

KD, I meant affirmative action had its perks. Sorry for the confusion.
01-24-2004 10:12 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

[quote="flyingswoosh"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.
01-24-2004 10:29 PM
tysramm1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

[quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="flyingswoosh"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.
01-24-2004 10:39 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Tysramm, when you cite something that I have said, it is considered proper to put that sentence or phrase into quotation markes ("xxx"), especially when criticizing my mastery of the English language! :wave:

But, I do appreciate your sarcasm!
01-24-2004 10:44 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

[quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="flyingswoosh"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.
01-24-2004 10:47 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

OK thanks. I won't bring it up again.
01-24-2004 10:51 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

[quote="flyingswoosh"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.
01-26-2004 09:42 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

[quote="nate jonesacc"] [quote="flyingswoosh"] [quote="KlutzDio I"] [quote="cbfranchise3"] For racism to truly leave this country, it has to eventually be abolished.
01-26-2004 11:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.