Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Neal Boortz finally says SOMETHING!
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

is a good thing, according to him.

Thank God he finally stopped parroting the Republican party line!

He was on about competition this morning, though, and how all lefties hate the idea of competing. Is that true? Do y'all think leftists hate to compete?

Knowing Dio and me? :roflol:

Can you really say that with a straight face?
02-03-2004 12:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

:stupid: He's been saying that for YEARS.
02-03-2004 12:45 PM
Quote this message in a reply
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That may be true, Kev, but I haven't been listening to him for years.

I just thought it interesting that he FINALLY hit on something that a leftist libertarian will agree with.

Okay, I have heard him say drugs should be legalized, too. He's way ahead of the other Right Wing Talking Heads in that respect. Kudos to him!

Does the fact that I'm agreeing with him make me stupid?

Or do you just take every opportunity presented to try and kick me again?

You're really starting to hurt my feelings, you know. If you keep bullying me, I think I'm gonna cry! :cry:
02-03-2004 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Do you know what a Libertarian is Joe? Fiscally conservative and socially liberal. In layman's terms, the freeist of each term.
02-03-2004 01:05 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Joe,

Boortz has been a pretty big critic of Bush's wild spending. He's also supportive of gay marriage.

However, he's a little too "for" the Iraq War for me, though. But I generally agree with most of everything else he chats about.
02-03-2004 07:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:Do you know what a Libertarian is Joe? Fiscally conservative and socially liberal. In layman's terms, the freeist of each term.
Kev,

I keep trying to pedantically remind YOU of what a libertarian is. . .but but but you out schoolmarmed ME! ::laughing::

Nice one.

Anyway, yeah, I know what the Libertarian Party is all about.

And I know about libertarianism. An anarchist *is* a libertarian, just from the er less freer of the free (in your logic)?

We want freedom from government AND morality!

In layman's terms, of course.
02-03-2004 09:00 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies

Uh, have you ever really listened to Neal Boortz? Have you ever read his website?

HE IS A LIBERTARIAN!!!!!!! Not a Republican. :rolleyes:
02-04-2004 05:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Lucy,

Yes, as a matter of fact, I've been listening to him quite regularly for the past two months or so as he's about the only talk radio available to me when I'm driving to work.

I know he's a Libertarian. He parrots the Republican party on a lot of issues, though, that aren't really consistent with libertarianism.

Yes, there is a difference between libertarianism and the Libertarian Party. I know, I know, what a shock that must be to you.
02-04-2004 03:41 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Really, the point of this thread was this:

As a libertarian, I would expect to agree with Boortz about 50% of the time (since we are, after all, in the same political sphere).

Here in the real world, it's usually more like 5%. He's right about the separation of church and state, he's right about the FBI using Onstar to listen in on anybody's conversations (and how that's a travesty of our civil liberties) and he's right about our stupid "war" on drugs.

Trouble is, all he does is sit around and whine about the left (an inverted victimcrat, for the Right) and big government.

Now, why is this?
02-06-2004 06:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.