Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hati
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/02/23/haiti.revolt/index.html' target='_blank'>The marines have landed</a>
I think it would best to stay out of this one, we are already bogged down everywhere else in the world and this looks like a nerver ending mess. Good job Clinton, putting this dork back in power :bluethumb: .
Rumor has the French or the E.U. might intervene. Anyone want to place a bet that the French surrender to a rubber tree within 48 hours?
02-23-2004 06:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

should stay out of this matter.
I give the French 24 hours.
The E.U. is the New World order do nothing they want.
02-23-2004 06:04 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

MaumeeRocket Wrote:Good job Clinton, putting this dork back in power :bluethumb: .
I think it is awfully inconsistent in your rhetoric to blame one president, Clinton, for establishing awful people in power--Aristide. But certainly you can lay blame on other presidents, Reagan, for aiding even other awful dictators--Saddam!
02-23-2004 06:46 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

Quote:Pentagon sources said the elite contingent of Marines does not portend a large-scale military intervention in Haiti, but is intended solely to ensure the safety of embassy personnel.

Hmmm... I wonder if this will change if people there ask for US intervention. On another note, I don't know what's going on in Liberia. Anyone have some news?

I give the french 36 hours.
02-23-2004 06:48 PM
Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

We should stay completely away from that hopeless mess in Haiti, just as we should stay the hell away from other hopeless messes in the world. Our one purpose should be to protect our strategic interests; Haiti is not one of those.

The French military on the move? Yes, surrender in 36 hours, if not sooner. So will we have to go in to rescue them?
02-23-2004 07:18 PM
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

French soldiers captured in seige of rubber tree forest

Paris, France - Spokesmen for the French government reported the capture of at least 1,000 French troops in a secret raid of a rubber tree forest. Immediate numbers are not known as the troops are still returning from the "engagement". "We went in unprepared and ill-trained," said president Chirac.

The reason behind the raid is still unknown as French officials are still trying to figure out their excuse for this pointless encursion.
02-23-2004 07:25 PM
cant_think_of_a_witty_nam Offline
All American

I Root For:

I'd prefer US forces be kept to a minimum in Haiti until after this weekend. Carl (the_shocker) and I are planning to make a trip over there to fill our need of good old-fashioned guerilla warfare. We've come into possession of a small plane which can seat six (including pilot). Anyone who wants to come should PM me billing information so we can make this nice and fair. No worries, I have to work Saturday afternoon -- we won't be gone long.
02-24-2004 01:23 PM
KlutzDio I Offline
1st String

I Root For:

To answer the original post, I think we should stay out of Haiti, nevermind the fact we have a "controlling legal authority" to intervene based on the Monroe Doctrine.

We should stay out becaue that country is small and Haliburton would not be able to make a bundle there. Also, our Marines and special ops would take it over in a heartbeat and it's better to get involved in quagmires, that way it is assured that more of America's poor will come back maimed or in body bags. The more soldiers, sailors and marines to die the better because if they come back then we have to pay for the medical bills, or worse, pay for their education. That way we can continually cut veterans' benefits and give more money to General Dynamics and Lockheed-Martin! :drink:
02-25-2004 03:50 PM
USMC Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Folding@NCAAbbsCrappies

OMG, do I actually agree with Dio on some points? I do agree on the Haliburton Lockheed Martin, and the cutting benefits points. However, I do not have enough data on the Haiti situation to make a judgement call yet.
02-25-2004 05:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.