Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spain cartoon
safetyeagle Offline
POOTNANNY

I Root For: USM

<a href='http://vh10018.v1.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=D0&Dato=20040421&Kategori=OPINION04&Lopenr=40421001&Ref=AR&MaxW=450' target='_blank'>Clarion Ledger OP/ED Cartoon</a>
could post picture but posted link
My thought is that this picture about says it all
04-21-2004 01:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

safetyeagle Wrote:<a href='http://vh10018.v1.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Avis=D0&Dato=20040421&Kategori=OPINION04&Lopenr=40421001&Ref=AR&MaxW=450' target='_blank'>Clarion Ledger OP/ED Cartoon</a>
could post picture but posted link
My thought is that this picture about says it all
You could replace Al Qaeda with Europe and Spain with the democrats, and that would state our next four years with Kerry handling foreign policy.
04-21-2004 02:24 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Just out of curiousity, what exactly do you base that opinion on? Anything concrete that you can share with the class?
04-21-2004 02:33 PM
Quote this message in a reply
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Does re-stating generalizations about groups of people make you guys feel better about yourselves?

And will al Queda be tied to EVERY act of terror from now until the end of time? Is this what Dumbya meant by an indefinite war?
04-21-2004 02:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DukeofDrums Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati

Al-Qaeda is the largest terrorist group to my knowledge. And, oh yeah...they did do the whole 9/11 thing. Add that to the laundry list of past attacks. Once we take out the big targets, then we narrow down to the smaller targets untill the terrorists decide to go home and leave the free world alone. In case you had earplugs in The President did say it will take 20 or more years. :)
04-21-2004 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DukeofDrums Wrote:Al-Qaeda is the largest terrorist group to my knowledge. And, oh yeah...they did do the whole 9/11 thing. Add that to the laundry list of past attacks. Once we take out the big targets, then we narrow down to the smaller targets untill the terrorists decide to go home and leave the free world alone. In case you had earplugs in The President did say it will take 20 or more years. :)
Do you have children that you'd like to send over there to die for George's idiot dream? Because I really don't want to send mine.

Iraq had nothing to do with Al Queda.
04-21-2004 06:53 PM
1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

Oddball Wrote:
DukeofDrums Wrote:Al-Qaeda is the largest terrorist group to my knowledge.&nbsp; And, oh yeah...they did do the whole 9/11 thing.&nbsp; Add that to the laundry list of past attacks.&nbsp; Once we take out the big targets, then we narrow down to the smaller targets untill the terrorists decide to go home and leave the free world alone.&nbsp; In case you had earplugs in The President did say it will take 20 or more years. :)
Do you have children that you'd like to send over there to die for George's idiot dream? Because I really don't want to send mine.

Whats his dream?
04-21-2004 07:11 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Try these names and phrases at Google.

neocon philosophy
Abram Shulsky
Leo Strauss
Richard Perle
Paul Wolfowitz
Elliott Abrams
neoconservative
04-21-2004 07:39 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

DukeofDrums Wrote:Al-Qaeda is the largest terrorist group to my knowledge. And, oh yeah...they did do the whole 9/11 thing. Add that to the laundry list of past attacks. Once we take out the big targets, then we narrow down to the smaller targets untill the terrorists decide to go home and leave the free world alone. In case you had earplugs in The President did say it will take 20 or more years. :)
The case has never been made for Al Queda's responsibility. Why don't you make it, since you seem to have the facts?

In addition, how can a conventional war of any length of time end a violent protest against violence? Do you understand the cycle of violence?

<a href='http://www.antiwar.com/orig/browne3.html' target='_blank'>Harry Browne, 2000 Libertarian Party Presidential Candidate talks about the cycle of violence</a>

<a href='http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/holy/cron/' target='_blank'>Israel-Palestine cycle of violence has much to teach</a>

Finally, are you sure that evil can be eliminated? If we crush every terrorist now living, will that then end terrorism? Or, more importantly, if we terrorize a population, don't you think that produces more terrorists for the future?
04-22-2004 11:30 AM
MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

joebordenrebel Wrote:
DukeofDrums Wrote:Al-Qaeda is the largest terrorist group to my knowledge.&nbsp; And, oh yeah...they did do the whole 9/11 thing.&nbsp; Add that to the laundry list of past attacks.&nbsp; Once we take out the big targets, then we narrow down to the smaller targets untill the terrorists decide to go home and leave the free world alone.&nbsp; In case you had earplugs in The President did say it will take 20 or more years. :)
The case has never been made for Al Queda's responsibility. Why don't you make it, since you seem to have the facts?

In addition, how can a conventional war of any length of time end a violent protest against violence? Do you understand the cycle of violence?

<a href='http://www.antiwar.com/orig/browne3.html' target='_blank'>Harry Browne, 2000 Libertarian Party Presidential Candidate talks about the cycle of violence</a>

<a href='http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/holy/cron/' target='_blank'>Israel-Palestine cycle of violence has much to teach</a>

Finally, are you sure that evil can be eliminated? If we crush every terrorist now living, will that then end terrorism? Or, more importantly, if we terrorize a population, don't you think that produces more terrorists for the future?
The cycle of violence will end when the countries harboring these idiots, decide they have enough predator drones flying over their land and decide to round these guys up and stop their funding, then the war will end. Or on the current path Israel invades every country in the Middle East and then their are no more Arabs or Muslims.
04-22-2004 07:30 PM
Advertisement

1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

Let me rephrase that...What is his dream?
04-22-2004 07:56 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

UCBearcats1125 Wrote:Let me rephrase that...What is his dream?
Then let me rephrase my answer: Before you support someone, maybe you should do the research for yourself. :wave:
04-23-2004 05:04 AM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

"The cycle of violence will end when the countries harboring these idiots, decide they have enough predator drones flying over their land and decide to round these guys up and stop their funding, then the war will end. Or on the current path Israel invades every country in the Middle East and then their are no more Arabs or Muslims."

So when they're scared enough of American military might to simply give up? Or complete genocide? Is that pretty much when the cycle of violence ends?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
04-23-2004 11:27 AM
Advertisement

MaumeeRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For:

joebordenrebel Wrote:"The cycle of violence will end when the countries harboring these idiots, decide they have enough predator drones flying over their land and decide to round these guys up and stop their funding, then the war will end. Or on the current path Israel invades every country in the Middle East and then their are no more Arabs or Muslims."

So when they're scared enough of American military might to simply give up? Or complete genocide? Is that pretty much when the cycle of violence ends?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
No let me put it in simple terms. When enough pressure military(look at Libiya) or political (Yemen) is applied these countries they see its not in the best interst financially to support these guys. The U.S. cant stop terrorism. The Saudis, Yemnis, Pakistanis can.
04-23-2004 01:23 PM
DukeofDrums Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati

Oddball Wrote:Do you have children that you'd like to send over there to die for George's idiot dream? Because I really don't want to send mine.

First, no I don't have any children. If I did, I would support their decision to join any branch to keep those who can't defend themselves safe. Unfortunately, indirectly allowing the hippies and bbs posters to trash the very ones that protect them. Which, the Hon. President G.W. Bush is the Commander in Chief and therefore is protecting those mentioned above.

Second, Members of the Al-Qaeda have been using Iraq as a safe haven for years.

Third, You have NO idea what it is really like there. Only what the media filters through. They focus on body counts, and all the negative news. It gets them wonderful rating numbers from those who are uninformed. The opportunity to see the faces of a culture who has seen freedom for the first time is utterly priceless. Due to the sacrifice of many men and women, not just their lives, but with families and friends, divorce rates, and "Dear John" letters, these Iraqi's have been given a first chance to live their dreams.

Yes, the regime hid the WMD's.
Yes, the Al-Qaeda are connected w/Iraq.
Yes, the sacrifice is worth the end result.

From what you say you also must disagree with another George's dream, that of George Washington.
04-23-2004 05:38 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Nice babble. Completely unfounded, of course, but very well said!

Al Queda and Iraq had no ties, in fact, they were enemies. Don't be so gullible.
04-23-2004 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.