Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Archie Manning says "NO" to Chargers
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Watching Sportscenter and they just announced that the Agent for Eli Manning has told the San Diego Chargers that Archie Manning doesn't want his son drafted by San Diego.

Archie says he would be better suited playing in New York and that's where he wants his son to play. Meanwhile, the Chargers say they will do what is best for their organization, regardless of what any of the Manning's want them to do in the draft.
04-21-2004 10:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

i understand what archie's doing. at first, i thought he was just being a ******, but then i remembered what archie had to go through in his career. He doesn't want his son to play for a bad team with a poor offensive line so he can get his brains beaten in.
04-22-2004 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:He doesn't want his son to play for a bad team with a poor offensive line so he can get his brains beaten in.
Flyingswoosh is a Giants fan (insert own joke)
04-22-2004 03:57 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

cbfranchise3 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:He doesn't want his son to play for a bad team with a poor offensive line so he can get his brains beaten in.
Flyingswoosh is a Giants fan (insert own joke)
CBF is a texans fan, (insert anything). The fact is that the Giants (when healthy) have a very good O-line, and can probably make the playoffs this year because of the easy schedule.

I just can't believe you are lecturing me on being the fan of a mediocre team.
04-22-2004 05:55 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

First off let me say that I've always been a fan of the Mannings. Even Peyton, despite being a Vol. But this is a dang joke. You can't tell a team they can't draft you. If you enter the draft, you have to be willing to play for any team, no matter how bad they are.

BTW, why would he want to go to New York? One 3-and-out and the media's all over you. In San Deigo, there's zero pressure compared to New York.
04-22-2004 07:59 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:First off let me say that I've always been a fan of the Mannings. Even Peyton, despite being a Vol. But this is a dang joke. You can't tell a team they can't draft you. If you enter the draft, you have to be willing to play for any team, no matter how bad they are.

BTW, why would he want to go to New York? One 3-and-out and the media's all over you. In San Deigo, there's zero pressure compared to New York.
eli manning never said anything. I think it's unfair to blame him for something his father started.
04-22-2004 08:26 PM
Hardcore Husky Offline
1st String

I Root For:

OMFG! Archie is a moron! Let his son pick where he wants to go! :mad:
04-22-2004 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

Hardcore Husky Wrote:Let his son pick where he wants to go! :mad:
Yes it should be 100% Eli's decesion if there even is a decesion
04-23-2004 08:03 AM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

flyingswoosh Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:First off let me say that I've always been a fan of the Mannings. Even Peyton, despite being a Vol. But this is a dang joke. You can't tell a team they can't draft you. If you enter the draft, you have to be willing to play for any team, no matter how bad they are.

eli manning never said anything. I think it's unfair to blame him for something his father started.
he did last night on espn news...

He said it's his life, he'll make the final decision...
04-23-2004 10:52 AM
Advertisement

RUmojo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers

I watched PTI today and agree with their thoughts...they basically said the Chargers decieved the Mannings about Eli's draft status, they planned on using him as bait all along and would take as much as they could get for him...while telling Eli they'd draft him.

I thought it was odd for the Chargers to talk contract numbers with four different players. Either way it's going to be cool watching Eli in GIANTS blue!!!
04-23-2004 06:17 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

RUmojo Wrote:I watched PTI today and agree with their thoughts...they basically said the Chargers decieved the Mannings about Eli's draft status, they planned on using him as bait all along and would take as much as they could get for him...while telling Eli they'd draft him.

I thought it was odd for the Chargers to talk contract numbers with four different players. Either way it's going to be cool watching Eli in GIANTS blue!!!
it'll be kool watching him in giants blue, as long as the jints don't give up their second rd. pick for this season.
04-23-2004 06:44 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

The Chargers should take Gallery, but that probably won't happen.
04-23-2004 07:24 PM
RUmojo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rutgers

flyingswoosh, it looks like we won't lose this years second rounder if the deal goes through. I believe Coughlin is calling the shots here, Accorsi has proved his incompetence over the years, there is no way he could get a deal of this magnitude done.
04-23-2004 09:03 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:

Yeah, well, Eli didn't exactly try to take back what his dad said.
04-23-2004 09:42 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:

Yeah, well, Eli didn't exactly try to take back what his dad said.
what do you want the southern boy to say? "my dad is a schmuck, i can't believe is said that stupid s***."? Yea right. Aren't rednecks supposed to respect their parents to a huge degree?
04-23-2004 10:11 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

He could have respectfully said that he would be willing to go to San Deigo.

Heck, the guy's an adult. He should be able to disagree with his father.
04-24-2004 11:01 AM
HuskieDan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

You guys truly are naive. Eli had help from his very knowledgable father with this decision and tried to keep all this in the background. The Chargers are the ones that tried to make a powerplay in the press.
04-26-2004 04:07 PM
Advertisement

cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

cbfranchise3 Wrote:The Chargers should take Gallery, but that probably won't happen.
What do you know, the Raiders got him. Oakland had a very strong draft.

And what about Detroit? Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. What steals!
04-26-2004 09:12 PM
Hardcore Husky Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Mike Vick and DeAngelo Hall are together again. 04-rock 04-rock
05-01-2004 12:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.