Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tyson gets beat
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=1849705' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=1849705</a>

This guy is done unless he gets serious with his training.
07-30-2004 11:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

he was The Man. its a shame that he has fallen show low
07-31-2004 06:56 AM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

I'm glad he got beat. I think he should still be fighting for the Prison Trophy....but that's just my opinion.
07-31-2004 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies

Time to start doing ads for pain reliever, Mike. :chair:
07-31-2004 08:08 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

CMichFan Wrote:Time to start doing ads for pain reliever, Mike. :chair:
He should do those beef commercials.

Beef, it's what's for dinner! Unfortunately at Mike Tyson's house the beef has some ear cartilage in it too. :eek:
07-31-2004 08:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NOLES Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Tyson is over rated, I never liked him from the start and I damn sure dont like him now.
He got knocked out by a heabyweight that isnt even a top 20 contender.
Remember when Douglas knocked Tyson out, the whole boxing world should have took notice then.
Who has Tyson fought?
Pull up his ring career record and it looks like a whos who of boxing.
His first 32 fights were against second rate fighters.
A record of 50-5 with 44KOs but really who did he fight to get that record?
Those impressive first round knockouts came against who?
Great fighters DONT lose to 42-1 underdogs, even on their worst nights, Tyson not only lost to Douglas he got his butt kicked before he got knocked out and none of the excuses of "Oh Tyson wasn't ready that night"

Evander Holyfield beat him twice and bit his ear off ONLY because he knew he couldn't beat Holyfield in the rematch.
It was Tyson who pulled out of their match back in 1991, the contract was signed to fight Holyfield in Nov. 1991, only Tyson said he heard somethig pop on his side, which to day there is no proof an injury.

George Foreman at the age of 50 won a heavyweight championship when he beat Michael Moorer, yet Tyson at the age of 38 gets knocked out by a fighter no one knows about in a non title heavyweight bout, something is wrong with that picture.

Too much hype with Tyson throughout his whole career, I'm glad hes done, finished
07-31-2004 12:50 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

I saw the highlights on ESPN News this morning. I took it that Tyson basically won the first three rounds and then the other guy hit him a couple times in the 4th round and he went down. It looked like he could have got back up, but he just sat there as the ref counted him out. Almost like he didn't want to get hit again. Did anyone else get that opinion of the fight?
07-31-2004 12:54 PM
Advertisement

NOLES Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Tyson ran out of steam from going punch for punch with Williams.
I questioned Tysons weight for this fight, 233 lbs.
The last time he fought was against Lewis in which he weighed 235 lbs for that fight and was wore out after a couple of rounds also.
I figured he would shed the weight for this fight and come in around 220-225.
His record in the ring with a weight over 230 lbs is 1-2, bad move on his part and his trainers part.
Anyway back to the fight, from the looks of it I think Tysons game plan was to put heavy pressure on Williams and hopefully knock him out early, didn't work.
He did hurt Williams with some uppercuts but he was also getting tired from throwing those punches.
After each round, even though it was only 4 rounds, you could see Tyson was running out of steam fast.
Williams took advantage of that and put Tyson down.
The Tyson you see laying against the ropes was completely exhausted, what good was it for him to get up, he had nothing left.
Tyson was not in any condition to even go 8 rounds.
Just because Tyson looked like he was in shape, the fight told a different story.
07-31-2004 03:59 PM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

Seems as though Tyson had a bit of a ligament tear in his right knee early in the fight. He could not throw his right hand. Not that I am a Tyson fan, but the man was almost the best I have seen in my life. Ali, Frazer, Sugar Ray, Hagler, Duran, Chavez, Pryor,,,,,,,all that I have seen are as good. I think Ali was the best. Tyson was a close second and I would rank him with the others.
08-01-2004 01:01 PM
Advertisement

TDMs Alias Name Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Tyson was/is a strong fighter but never had the proper cardio training to take him through an entire fight. His fight was always about getting a quick knock-out. He could have never stayed in the ring with Ali. Not enough road work done.
08-01-2004 03:43 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

when I was a youngin-back when Ninentdo was state of the art-Tyson was The Baddest Man of the Planet. seeing him fall so hard is kinda sad to me, one of my child hood memories is now tarnised. they even renamed "Mike Tyson's Knockout" to "Mario's Knockout"

I feel the same about Michael Jackson. He was The Man and now he is just a sick freak. another childhood memory tarnished
08-01-2004 04:47 PM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

If you ever get a chance to see any of the 3 Frazier-Ali fights..........do it.
08-01-2004 07:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.