Stupid Quotes by Stupid People
1125 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati, NKU

Folding@NCAAbbsSkunkworks

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the
President." -Hillary Clinton

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -Bill Clinton

"It isn't pollution that's harming our environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -Al Gore

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." -Al Gore

"He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers." Al Gore on George W. Bush

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on." -Samuel Goldwyn

"The private enterprise system indicates that some people have higher incomes than others."-Gerry Brown

"We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty equally." -Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister

"I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents." -George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." -- Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D, Calif.)

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a --it is different from the other 49 states. Well,all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation."-Dan Quayle

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."-Al Gore

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." -Al Gore

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people." -Al Gore

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." -Al Gore

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." -Al Gore
09-22-2004 06:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

UCBearcats1125 Wrote:"I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents." -George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign
:roflol:
09-22-2004 07:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"My job is to, like, think beyond the immediate." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 21, 2004

"Recession means that people's incomes, at the employer level, are going down, basically, relative to costs, people are getting laid off." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Feb. 19, 2004

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." —George W. Bush, Nov. 2, 2000

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." —George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?" —George W. Bush, Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"Then you wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 23, 2004

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." —George W. Bush
09-22-2004 08:20 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

Ok? Sounds about right. What's YOUR problem with it?
09-22-2004 08:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

"The truth, which is what elections are all about, is that the tax burden of the middle class has gone up while the tax burden of the middle class has gone down"....John Kerry, Aug 25, 2004
09-22-2004 08:32 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

<a href='http://www.kerryquotes.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.kerryquotes.com/</a>
09-22-2004 08:33 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

MAKO Wrote:"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." —George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000
What's wrong with this one?
09-22-2004 09:17 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

T-Monay820 Wrote:
MAKO Wrote:"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas." —George W. Bush, Beaverton, Ore., Sep. 25, 2000
What's wrong with this one?
I can see that one, but it was a slipup. ALL of our imports come from overseas. Well, or Canada and Central and South America. It's just spin from the left.
09-22-2004 09:23 PM
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I used to live in Hillsboro, just west of Beaverton...those folks probably DO think all of our imports come from overseas.

In fact, I just had some fine Molson beer straight from Japan earlier this evening. :drink:
09-22-2004 09:51 PM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Whim of a hat????? Anywho (with commentary in case you don't get it):

"We are fully committed to working with both sides to bring the level of terror down to an acceptable level for both." —George W. Bush, after a meeting with congressional leaders, Washington, D.C., Oct. 2, 2001 (What, pray tell, is an acceptable level of terrorism)

"The folks who conducted to act on our country on September 11th made a big mistake. They underestimated America. They underestimated our resolve, our determination, our love for freedom. They misunderestimated the fact that we love a neighbor in need. They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the Commander-in-Chief, too." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 26, 2001 (Ummm, if you misunderestimate something, doesn't that mean you correctly estimated it?)

"The suicide bombings have increased. There's too many of them." —George W. Bush, Albuquerque, N.M., Aug. 15, 2001 (So, how many of them should there be?)

"There's a lot of people in the Middle East who are desirous to get into the Mitchell process. And — but first things first. The — these terrorist acts and, you know, the responses have got to end in order for us to get the framework — the groundwork — not framework, the groundwork to discuss a framework for peace, to lay the—all right." —George W. Bush, referring to former Sen. George Mitchell's report on Middle East peace, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 13, 2001 (I won't even pretend to understand that one)

"It is white." —George W. Bush, asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001 (Gee. More brilliant analysis)

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." —George W. Bush, at a news conference in Europe, June 14, 2001 (And all this time, I thought Africa was a continent. Go figure.)

"But I also made it clear to (Vladimir Putin) that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe." —George W. Bush, May 1, 2001 (Well, I suppose there is some morbid logic to that statement.)

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." —George W. Bush, declining to take reporters' questions during a photo op with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien, April 21, 2001 (Ummmm, when did "Mexican" become a specific language? I must have missed that one)

"It would be helpful if we opened up ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge). I think it's a mistake not to. And I would urge you all to travel up there and take a look at it, and you can make the determination as to how beautiful that country is." —George W. Bush, at a White House Press conference, March 29, 2001 (Is it just me or is there a contradiction implicit in this one?)

[Image: bush_dweeb.jpg]
09-23-2004 10:27 AM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

I thought you didn't post here anymore. :wave:
09-23-2004 11:54 AM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I decided the blood pressure of the conservatives was too low so I thought I'd do my little part to better our nation increasing the pressure in your arteries. :wave: Besides, now that we have at least one self-identified liberal moderator, everyone will have to watch their "P's" and "Q's" just a tad bit more. In other words, you can't call Kerry a communist and I can't call Bush a Nazi because either would be deleted or edited. I'm all in favor of a robust discussion as long as it's moderated by folks on both side of the political spectrum.
09-23-2004 12:16 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MAKO Wrote:I decided the blood pressure of the conservatives was too low so I thought I'd do my little part to better our nation increasing the pressure in your arteries. :wave: Besides, now that we have at least one self-identified liberal moderator, everyone will have to watch their "P's" and "Q's" ....
Hogwash. That's not the reason. Schad has been a moderator for almost as long as we have had mods in the Spin Room.
09-23-2004 01:42 PM
Roberto Gato Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ohio, Ohio and Ohio

UCBearcats1125 Wrote:"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the
President." -Hillary Clinton

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -Bill Clinton

"It isn't pollution that's harming our environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it." -Al Gore

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur." -Al Gore

"He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers." Al Gore on George W. Bush

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on." -Samuel Goldwyn

"The private enterprise system indicates that some people have higher incomes than others."-Gerry Brown

"We are not without accomplishment. We have managed to distribute poverty equally." -Nguyen Co Thatch, Vietnamese foreign minister

"I've read about foreign policy and studied, I now know the number of continents." -George Wallace, 1968 presidential campaign

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." -- Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D, Calif.)

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a --it is different from the other 49 states. Well,all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation."-Dan Quayle

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."-Al Gore

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children." -Al Gore

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people." -Al Gore

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." -Al Gore

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things." -Al Gore
I know that pollution quote is a Bushie. I believe the "failure" quote is too. Not that they don't all have their share.
09-28-2004 08:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.