Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dems absolutely go over the line
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

<a href='http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040916/480/wvrs10309162250' target='_blank'>"Tolerant" Dems show their true colors one more time...</a>

I guess that happy a-hole on the left thinks it's funny to make little girls cry...not to mention the black woman in the back screaming her fool head off at the poor kid.

THIS is the party of the "little guy"? This is the party that wants to protect our children? These are the people that care so much about our soldiers in Iraq?

Words can't describe how sick and furious seeing this picture made me...to see grown people laughing and yelling at an innocent girl after THEY RIPPED THE SIGN FROM HER HAND AND TORE IT TO SHREDS.

This is who you are, Democrats...I hope you're proud.
09-16-2004 09:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Posts like that are part of the reason why politics in this country are so horrible. No doubt, what those people did is terrible, and without a doubt should be frowned upon. However, that is a very select few people. When you speak of Democrats as a whole, you are talking about millions of people. Did the Democratic party ever endorse that behavior? No! Hasty generalizations like the one you made do nothing to promote unity, and will only infuriate democrats, thus making the fight against one another even stronger.

The same can be said for Democrats when they show neo-KKK members and the like, acting as though all Republicans are racists. Both sides are in such a rush to show how evil and terrible the other is, both are losing sight of the truth.
09-16-2004 09:41 PM
Quote this message in a reply
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

Open Secrets Wrote:Posts like that are part of the reason why politics in this country are so horrible. No doubt, what those people did is terrible, and without a doubt should be frowned upon. However, that is a very select few people. When you speak of Democrats as a whole, you are talking about millions of people. Did the Democratic party ever endorse that behavior? No! Hasty generalizations like the one you made do nothing to promote unity, and will only infuriate democrats, thus making the fight against one another even stronger.

The same can be said for Democrats when they show neo-KKK members and the like, acting as though all Republicans are racists. Both sides are in such a rush to show how evil and terrible the other is, both are losing sight of the truth.
Very true.
09-16-2004 10:11 PM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

I found it pretty funny that the black guy in the back had his Edwards sign upside-down. :laugh:
09-16-2004 10:16 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Good post OS.
09-16-2004 10:17 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Open Secrets Wrote:Posts like that are part of the reason why politics in this country are so horrible. No doubt, what those people did is terrible, and without a doubt should be frowned upon. However, that is a very select few people. When you speak of Democrats as a whole, you are talking about millions of people. Did the Democratic party ever endorse that behavior? No! Hasty generalizations like the one you made do nothing to promote unity, and will only infuriate democrats, thus making the fight against one another even stronger.

well said.
09-16-2004 10:25 PM
Advertisement

Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

You can get as sanctimonious and holier than thou as you want to. This isn't the first time an incident such as this has happened. I've never seen a Republican rip up some 3 year old kid's sign and then stand around them laughing and screaming. It's sickening.

And the gloves are off, especially for folks like wvucrazed who has the unmitigated gall to call our President a moron and then come over here and say "well said" like he's all for reasoned discourse.

For those who normally engage in rational conversation, my apolgies for painting with the proverbial broad brush...but I've had enough.
09-16-2004 10:42 PM
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

And by the way, it doesn't look like a select few people to me. It looks like a mob of people intimidating a lone guy with his kid.

"Frowned upon" doesn't even begin to cover it.
09-16-2004 10:47 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I am pissed about that as well. It DOES seem to be more common in the Democratic Party.
09-16-2004 10:50 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

BearcatCarl Wrote:And by the way, it doesn't look like a select few people to me. It looks like a mob of people intimidating a lone guy with his kid.

When speaking about the total number of Democrats in the country (probably tens of millions), these couple hundred are really chump change.

"Frowned upon" should cover it. You must realize that there is a civil war going on in the Sudan right now. Innocent women and children live in fear in both Israel and Palestine that they and their loved ones will be killed at any time. A girl getting her poster ripped up should be the smallest concern when we live in a world as stated above.
09-16-2004 10:54 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

BearcatCarl Wrote:You can get as sanctimonious and holier than thou as you want to. This isn't the first time an incident such as this has happened. I've never seen a Republican rip up some 3 year old kid's sign and then stand around them laughing and screaming. It's sickening.

And the gloves are off, especially for folks like wvucrazed who has the unmitigated gall to call our President a moron and then come over here and say "well said" like he's all for reasoned discourse.

For those who normally engage in rational conversation, my apolgies for painting with the proverbial broad brush...but I've had enough.
I will give you that the Left seems to be the culprit in many cases like this one. It is sad that many Leftists have chosen to make a mockery of themselves and in a way, the views they express, by breaking laws in the name of "civil disobedience". It really demeans true civil protesters like MLK Jr., who fought against true injustices.

I am not getting sanctimonious with you. I'm trying to show you that you aren't being fair to millions of people. I can guarantee you that there are millions of Democrats who are ashamed of the people in question (the ones who tore up the girl's sign).

I've never seen a Republican tear up a 3 year old's sign, either. All the same, similar things DO happen. For example, at the Kerry/Edwards rally in Raleigh, NC, this summer, many Bush/Cheney supporters were seen verbally abusing Kerry supporters, unprovoked.
09-16-2004 10:59 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

BearcatCarl Wrote:You can get as sanctimonious and holier than thou as you want to. This isn't the first time an incident such as this has happened. I've never seen a Republican rip up some 3 year old kid's sign and then stand around them laughing and screaming. It's sickening.

did i call Bush a moron? I don't recall that. Please point it out to me. Thanks.
09-16-2004 11:02 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Open Secrets Wrote:
BearcatCarl Wrote:And by the way, it doesn't look like a select few people to me.&nbsp; It looks like a mob of people intimidating a lone guy with his kid.

When speaking about the total number of Democrats in the country (probably tens of millions), these couple hundred are really chump change.

"Frowned upon" should cover it. You must realize that there is a civil war going on in the Sudan right now. Innocent women and children live in fear in both Israel and Palestine that they and their loved ones will be killed at any time. A girl getting her poster ripped up should be the smallest concern when we live in a world as stated above.
Yeah? And Iraq was a paradise? I only state that because Annan said it was illegal today but now wants us to intervene in the Sudan. "F" him. How is one different? There were attrocities in Iraq as well.

On another note, How in the HELL did some moron from Ghana, a rich man from his ancestors slave-selling, become Sec'y of the UN anyway?
09-16-2004 11:02 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:
Open Secrets Wrote:
BearcatCarl Wrote:And by the way, it doesn't look like a select few people to me.  It looks like a mob of people intimidating a lone guy with his kid.

Yeah? And Iraq was a paradise? I only state that because Annan said it was illegal today but now wants us to intervene in the Sudan. "F" him. How is one different? There were attrocities in Iraq as well.

On another note, How in the HELL did some moron from Ghana, a rich man from his ancestors slave-selling, become Sec'y of the UN anyway?
Iraq sure as hell was never a paradise and sure as hell isn't one now. I could have added that situation, too. My point is that thousands of people are dying of hunger, war and disease around the globe, and people are getting riled up about a girl getting her poster torn apart?

The Iraq war was only illegal by the UN's standards. While I disagree with going into Iraq, it is unfair to call the war "illegal". The UN has become a meaningless forum for debate and solely regulating the status quo.
09-16-2004 11:09 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I didn't mean that towards you. It was basically an angered response to what I have seen unfold today. My apologies.
09-16-2004 11:14 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:I didn't mean that towards you. It was basically an angered response to what I have seen unfold today. My apologies.
No problem. It probably isn't healthy, however, for you to have such an anger toward someone you've (most likely) never met. Disagree with his policies as much as your heart desires, but I would wait to cast true judgment on him until I had actually met him.

The same thing goes for all of the people who have a vehement hatred of George Bush.
09-16-2004 11:19 PM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

My father is a Vietnam Veteran. I am a veteran. What he said about my brothers-in-arms and voting to send troops into harms way and then refusing to support them in some failed attempt to "show Bush up" (the only people that suffered from that are OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!) gives me reason to hate his *** forever.
09-16-2004 11:32 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:My father is a Vietnam Veteran. I am a veteran. What he said about my brothers-in-arms and voting to send troops into harms way and then refusing to support them in some failed attempt to "show Bush up" (the only people that suffered from that are OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!) gives me reason to hate his *** forever.
I was actually talking about Kofi Annan.

But anyway, some of the most rewarding experiences of my life have been getting to know people who I originally had hated for various reasons. Of course, you are never going to get to know Kofi Annan on a personal level, but just think. If you can hate him or John Kerry without getting to know him, next you may start to hate someone who you actually know. At that point, you are already throwing away an opportunity to have a good relationship with someone. I'm only saying this because I struggle daily with the same thing. I often say things like "Damn. I can't stand that gay guy over there, he's always so flamboyant about being gay." Next thing I know, I'm actually getting to know him, realizing he's actually a very nice, intelligent guy, and I feel like a dumb*** for casting judgment without really knowing him.
09-16-2004 11:42 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Gay? :laugh: Where did that come from? I don't hate gay people. I don't hate ANYONE for a decision they make about themself. I do, however have reservations about people that affect me. I don't know Annan, I grant you that, but I do know his track record. I also know Kerry's. I know what he did after Vietnam. I also know what he did during his time in the senate, which he rarely talks about. Sorry, I am VERY biased against Americans who attack the people that allow us to speak our minds. I am also not fond of people that talk about them when they are in harms way. I'm a defense contractor, instructor to be exact. I travel all over the country to different installations. If Kerry wants to say, "If GW Bush wants to talk about defense, BRING IT ON!" then I want to say, "If YOU want to talk about defense, and the people that are serving, BRING IT ON!". These guys despise Kerry.
09-16-2004 11:53 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

RebelKev Wrote:Gay? :laugh: Where did that come from? I don't hate gay people. I don't hate ANYONE for a decision they make about themself. I do, however have reservations about people that affect me. I don't know Annan, I grant you that, but I do know his track record. I also know Kerry's. I know what he did after Vietnam. I also know what he did during his time in the senate, which he rarely talks about. Sorry, I am VERY biased against Americans who attack the people that allow us to speak our minds. I am also not fond of people that talk about them when they are in harms way. I'm a defense contractor, instructor to be exact. I travel all over the country to different installations. If Kerry wants to say, "If GW Bush wants to talk about defense, BRING IT ON!" then I want to say, "If YOU want to talk about defense, and the people that are serving, BRING IT ON!". These guys despise Kerry.
I was saying the "gay" thing as an example about myself. You have to understand that I live in a very liberal place, and anyone who doesn't fall in line perfectly with liberal ideology gets quite frustrated, including myself.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree. I think it's unhealthy to hate people without really knowing them as a human being. You don't. Might as well end it here.
09-16-2004 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.