You OK?
09-17-2004 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

my power was out for a bit, I live just north of ATL.
09-17-2004 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

<a href='http://www.rumcreekgolf.com/home.html' target='_blank'>I have a brother in Stockbridge. Stop in and see him if you are ever down that way. Glad to hear you made it through ok. </a>
09-17-2004 10:10 AM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

Will do...I haven't played in a while and that may be a good idea for a trip :) 04-cheers
09-17-2004 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

we are starting to get the bands. already has been a tornado. I live on Tobacco Road
09-17-2004 12:09 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies

My boss & I were crazy & hung around work yesterday (our office is right by the airport) for a 4:00 conference call. Our VP of IT knocked on the door at one point and told us the tornado sirens were going off & we might want to think about heading out like him. So we headed home around 4:45. Took me about 1 1/2 hours to make the 25 mile drive, thanks to the torrential rain & a traffic light at a major intersection being out.

Have lots of limbs down and a lot of pecans were blown off the tree, meaning this year's crop will not be near as large, but other than that, Chez Lucy made it through just fine. Didn't even lose power this go around, unlike when Frances blew through. Have a couple of wet spots in the attic that I put a bucket & big popcorn bowl under so the insulation wouldn't get any more soaked. The wind was so strong that it was blowing rain down the chimney into the fireplace, even though the damper was closed! Of course seeing as my house is over 70 years old, the damper probably isn't what it should be anymore. I monkeyed around with it, laid some towels down on the hearth, and that problem was taken care of.

All in all, my county got around 6 inches of rain & there was some flooding from two of the major creeks & the Chattahoochee River. Today is still very windy, but when I stepped out for lunch, there was some blue sky peeking through before some more dark clouds started moving in.
09-17-2004 12:48 PM
NOLEY Offline
1st String

I Root For: Florida State

Ivan is way west of me, we havent even got rain!!! Thanks goodness we dont need anymore rain...

Sarah
09-17-2004 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.