Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sharon and Arafat
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I have been quite pro-Palestinian for most of my life, but I am tired of Arafat refusing recently. Finally, Sharon is offering something very reasonable, is ordering settlement withdrawal, and is finally extending the olive branch. For Arafat to refuse now is for him to be refusing a peace process that I find quite appealing for the Palestinians.

Sharon is facing lots of political opposition for his moves recently. It's time for Arafat to face his and take a good offer.
10-28-2004 04:36 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Skipuno Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF

When I heard that terrorist (Arafat) was in the hospital, I thought maybe he would die and leave this world a better place. :D
10-28-2004 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Open Secrets Wrote:I have been quite pro-Palestinian for most of my life, but I am tired of Arafat refusing recently. Finally, Sharon is offering something very reasonable, is ordering settlement withdrawal, and is finally extending the olive branch. For Arafat to refuse now is for him to be refusing a peace process that I find quite appealing for the Palestinians.

Sharon is facing lots of political opposition for his moves recently. It's time for Arafat to face his and take a good offer.
Last I checked, Sharon's offer falls far far far far short of the 1967 borders, which UN (and I believe U.S. policy, unless GW changed it) recognizes as the official boundary. In other words, most settlements would remain in place.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I might be. I haven't been paying close attention lately.
10-28-2004 05:58 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Schad, in theory, I agree with you. However, to stop the killing, each side has to strike a compromise and Arafat will get no better deal than the current one.
10-28-2004 06:18 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Skipuno Wrote:When I heard that terrorist (Arafat) was in the hospital, I thought maybe he would die and leave this world a better place. :D
Arafat is no terrorist. I have met the man in private and I can tell you that he is no terrorist. Does he have a sketchy history? Yes. But he is not a terrorist.
10-28-2004 06:19 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Open Secrets Wrote:Schad, in theory, I agree with you. However, to stop the killing, each side has to strike a compromise and Arafat will get no better deal than the current one.
Wasn't Oslo better?
10-28-2004 06:27 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Schadenfreude Wrote:
Open Secrets Wrote:Schad, in theory, I agree with you. However, to stop the killing, each side has to strike a compromise and Arafat will get no better deal than the current one.
Wasn't Oslo better?
Is it still on the table?
10-28-2004 06:29 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Open Secrets Wrote:
Schadenfreude Wrote:
Wasn't Oslo better?
Is it still on the table?
You are suggesting pragmatism, I guess. But the knowledge of what could have been just four years ago must make it very, very tough to accept less.
10-28-2004 06:30 PM
jjburtzel Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Open Secrets Wrote:
Skipuno Wrote:When I heard that terrorist (Arafat) was in the hospital, I thought maybe he would die and leave this world a better place.  :D
Arafat is no terrorist. I have met the man in private and I can tell you that he is no terrorist. Does he have a sketchy history? Yes. But he is not a terrorist.
What? Please elaborate...just because you didn't drive the explosives into the shopping square doesn't mean you're not the terrorist. I'm curious as to the circumstances in which you met him..
10-28-2004 07:47 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

jjburtzel Wrote:
Open Secrets Wrote:
Skipuno Wrote:When I heard that terrorist (Arafat) was in the hospital, I thought maybe he would die and leave this world a better place.  :D
What? Please elaborate...just because you didn't drive the explosives into the shopping square doesn't mean you're not the terrorist. I'm curious as to the circumstances in which you met him..
EXACTLY!!!!! Hitler, to my knowledge, didn't gas anyone, and he built ROADS!!! Oh, he must be a good guy. :rolleyes:
10-29-2004 01:40 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

jjburtzel Wrote:
Open Secrets Wrote:
Actually, you made the first claim, so the burden of proof is on you.
10-29-2004 05:47 AM
Advertisement

jjburtzel Offline
2nd String

Open Secrets Wrote:
jjburtzel Wrote:
Open Secrets Wrote:
Actually, you made the first claim, so the burden of proof is on you.
<a href='http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/COLDarafat.htm' target='_blank'>Encyclopedia Entry for Arafat</a>
This an entry into a freaking encyclopedia...I mean they try to sugar coat this stuff so much

<a href='http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/struggle_for_peace/key.players/arafat/' target='_blank'>CNN-Struggle For Peace-even this sugar coating talks of his terrorists activities</a>

First...huh? I didn't make the original statement, I just question your defense of him. You just said he wasn't a terrorist and followed with "he's had a sketchy past". I say he's the head of an organization that has claimed responsibility for terrorists acts.

If he walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and says he's a duck...then he's not a duck? :rolleyes:

I understand that there is all this good feeling about him now, with winning the freak'n nobel peace prize and all...but at best, to me, he's just a retired terrorist. At best.
10-29-2004 07:39 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

So things that Arafat did over 20 years ago define him as a terrorist?

Is everyone in the world a liar?
10-29-2004 09:04 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

Open Secrets Wrote:Is everyone in the world a liar?
yes. if your definition is= lying once makes you a liar, then everyone in the world is a liar.

Arafat is the head of an organization that has taken credit for many acts of terrorism. he has turned down offers from Israel totaling over 90% of Israeli land. He has had thousands of Israelis killed, yet has had no jordanians killed, even though Jordan controls over 70% of palestinian land. He does not want Israel's land, he wants Israel's blood! if he isn't a terrorist, i don't know who is.
10-29-2004 10:14 PM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

flyingswoosh Wrote: 
he has turned down offers from Israel totaling over 90% of Israeli land.
By "Israeli" you mean "Israeli-occupied Palestinian" land, right?
10-29-2004 10:30 PM
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Golda Meir once said that there would be no peace until the Palestians decided that they loved their children more than they hated Jews.

I think that pretty much states the facts as closely as can be said.
10-29-2004 11:31 PM
Advertisement

jjburtzel Offline
2nd String

Open Secrets Wrote:So things that Arafat did over 20 years ago define him as a terrorist?

Wow...I can't believe someone is actually trying to split hairs about what the definition of a terrorist is and if it applies to Arafat.

If you murdered someone over 20 years ago, you're a murderer.

If you planned terrorits attacks 20 years ago, you are a terrorist. You can't wash your hands of it just because it doesn't suit your need for power and legitimacy.

This amazes me.
10-30-2004 05:31 AM
Schadenfreude Offline

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

jjburtzel Wrote:
Open Secrets Wrote:So things that Arafat did over 20 years ago define him as a terrorist?

Wow...I can't believe someone is actually trying to split hairs about what the definition of a terrorist is and if it applies to Arafat.

If you planned terrorits attacks 20 years ago, you are a terrorist. You can't wash your hands of it just because it doesn't suit your need for power and legitimacy.

This amazes me.
Does this mean George W. Bush is still a drunk?

:drink: :angel: 03-wink
10-30-2004 09:31 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Schadenfreude Wrote:
jjburtzel Wrote:

This amazes me.
Does this mean George W. Bush is still a drunk?

:drink: :angel: 03-wink
And a cokehead?

And my definition of a terrorist/liar/murderer is someone who has terrorized/lied/murdered in the past and plans on doing so in the future. IMO, Arafat is through with terrorism. His ties to Hamas and IJ are very weak.
10-30-2004 10:05 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

And, just curious, but is holding siege on the Church of the Holy Nativity on Christmas not a terrorist act?
10-30-2004 10:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.