Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VMX would be tragic in the hands of terrorists
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Can't believe the ineptness of this train wreck.
10-28-2004 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Link?

I thought Iraq HAD no WMD's. :rolleyes:

GOD!!!! You guys are easy.
10-29-2004 01:35 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Reb,

VMX is not classified as a WMD. Yet, it is used in nuclear weapons to start the fision process. It is a component of a nuclear weapon. It has been used to take down airplanes and blow up buildings. Another X-Mas present to Al-Queada from our selected in chief.
10-29-2004 07:05 AM
jjburtzel Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Dogger Wrote:Reb,

VMX is not classified as a WMD.  Yet, it is used in nuclear weapons to start the fision process.  It is a component of a nuclear weapon.  It has been used to take down airplanes and blow up buildings.  Another X-Mas present to Al-Queada from our selected in chief.
The logic here is dizzying:

It's not classified as a WMD, but it's a main ingredient in WMD's. Gotcha, spinster.

And still, someone as yet to explain to me specifically how this is W's fault. Was he there? Will my boss's boss's boss's boss's boss's boss get fired if I do something that deserves serious reprimand?

See, you libs have a very spinning logic on this one...we shouldn't have invaded, because they didn't have WMD's (but we'll ignore Sadam's constant thumbing of his nose at UN resolutions and inspections). A story breaks about theft of VMX, and suddenly we have just given the terrorists exactly what they need to take down airplanes and blow-up buildings or build nucs...but there were no WMDs. If and when the materials were taken, no one seems to know...we just know they were there! And I'm sure W himself (or Cheney, are the Joint Chiefs, or Rumsfield) told the commands specifically, "Hey, if you see any VMX, ignore it. It's not important." :rolleyes:

It all makes perfect sense if you want to make it.
10-29-2004 08:14 AM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Quote:I thought Iraq HAD no WMD's. 

:stupid:

WMD's are nuclear, biological and chemical weapons. These were conventional explosives.
10-29-2004 08:22 AM
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

The idiocy of liberals taking this story and running with it demonstrates a level of hypocrisy heretofore reserved for only...oh, that's right-they've been spewing this kind of garbage for years.

Here is what we are to believe, if the Doggers of the world had their way:

There were no WMDs in Iraq.
Wait, there WERE explosives that could blow up buildings and airplanes if they were in the wrong hands...
...but Saddam Hussein wasn't dangerous enough to be officially considered "the wrong hands".
There were no terrorists in Iraq before we invaded.
...but in the 2 weeks after the invasion, thousands of terrorists suddenly decided Iraq was the place to be
...and with their amazing powers of Terrorist Clairvoyance, somehow knew exactly where the most dangerous explosives in Iraq were located.
It was such a huge facility, soldiers couldn't have known which bunkers had the explosives
...but terrorists, who again HAD NEVER BEEN TO IRAQ IF YOU BELIEVE LIBERALS, knew exactly which bunkers the explosives were in.

But there are reports that it was LOOTERS, not terrorists
...random looters who had the ability to move some 377 tons of explosives in 2 weeks using the same roads where American GIs had complete control over.

Oh, and by the way, it's all Bush's fault.

Wow! That's a suspension of disbelief I haven't had to employ in a while.

I'm going to let you in on something, Dogger: This story is a loser for Kerry, ANY WAY YOU SLICE IT.

By trying to paint the Bush Administration with an incompetence brush, Kerry and his media buddies have unwittingly made the President's case to go into Baghdad.

Let's assume the worse: that the explosives were still at the facility after the fall of Baghdad.
Under that scenario, you're still saying that somehow either A)Terrorists suddenly flooded the country with an acute knowledge of the Al Qaqaa facility with the intent and knowledge of how to use what was there, or looters did it; B)That these thieves were able to "spirit" (using the NYT language) 377 TONS OF EXPLOSIVES AWAY FROM THE FACILITY WITHOUT THE US KNOWING IN A TWO WEEK WINDOW?

Do the f'ing math, zagnut: 377 tons = 754 thousand pounds
A standard semi-truck carries about 80,000 lbs

Using this math, it would take about 9 1/2 semi-truckloads to get the stuff out of the facility. Doing this with the 2 main streets out of the facility choked with US troops? Don't think so.

But that's not even taking into account the manpower, equipment and TIME it would take to load the trucks. A mass undertaking like this would've required planning and machinery that could have only been the work of terrorists...which, if you buy into the premise that this stuff was stolen in the short two weeks after the fall of Baghdad, again makes the case that IRAQ WAS A CENTRAL FRONT IN THE WAR ON TERROR, therefore justifying the invasion.

Every time Kerry and the media talk about this story, I get happier and happier, because every day it's out there allows logical Americans to connect the dots...and they add up in the President's favor.

So keep it up, Kerry/Times/CNN/CBS/et al...you're helping to get the President elected-lest we forget who's polling off the charts on Commander-in-Chief qualities.
10-29-2004 09:25 AM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

Carl save your fingers. You're arguing from logic and reason. Liberals don't understand that. It's all how you FEEL. The feel Bush is the devil, so no logic will move them from that.
10-29-2004 09:42 AM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Please define WMD. Does it include any conventional explosive just because a terrorist could use it? On 9/11, they used boxcutters to hijack airplanes. Should we make sure that every stock boy at Wal-Mart has a security clearance? Maybe we should consider them controlled items. Hey. I've got an idea. Guns are used by terrorists to they are WMD's too.
10-29-2004 09:44 AM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

MAKO Wrote:Please define WMD. Does it include any conventional explosive just because a terrorist could use it? On 9/11, they used boxcutters to hijack airplanes. Should we make sure that every stock boy at Wal-Mart has a security clearance? Maybe we should consider them controlled items. Hey. I've got an idea. Guns are used by terrorists to they are WMD's too.
WMD = fire and brimstone
10-29-2004 09:52 AM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

You guys are so sad. We knew where the stuff was at. We knew that there were trucks there unloading it. AND WE DO WHAT????????????????????????? NOTHING???????????????? We leave it ungaurded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake UP!!!!!!
10-29-2004 10:02 AM
gruehls
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

MAKO Wrote:Please define WMD. Does it include any conventional explosive just because a terrorist could use it? On 9/11, they used boxcutters to hijack airplanes. Should we make sure that every stock boy at Wal-Mart has a security clearance? Maybe we should consider them controlled items. Hey. I've got an idea. Guns are used by terrorists to they are WMD's too.
the term "weapon of mass destruction" was used as early as 1937 in connection with german bomber aircraft during the spanish civil war, and their use in bombing cities.
10-29-2004 10:04 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I'm wide awake, spanky...it's YOU who seems to be under the spell of blind ideology and fantasy spin in the face of logic.

Do the math. It doesn't add up.
And even if it did, it proves Iraq and terrorism were one in the same.

God, I'm loving this. :stupid:
10-29-2004 10:05 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

MAKO Wrote:
Quote:I thought Iraq HAD no WMD's. 

:stupid:

WMD's are nuclear, biological and chemical weapons. These were conventional explosives.
So let's get this straight, if I have two binary chemicals that individually are harmless, but when mixed become a Chemical WMD, does that mean I possess no WMD capabilities?

How is a key component to a nuclear weapon different than a key component to any other WMD?
10-29-2004 10:15 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

Dogger Wrote:You guys are so sad. We knew where the stuff was at. We knew that there were trucks there unloading it. AND WE DO WHAT????????????????????????? NOTHING???????????????? We leave it ungaurded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake UP!!!!!!
Dogger:

At the time the sat. pics were taken, we were not in country. Capiche? You can't guard something if you're not there.

What would have us do upon seeing the movement? We hadn't yet started our military campaign. Diplomacy was still on the table.

Also, as has been stated before, movement of equipment is normal before fighting begins. It doesn't set off 'bomb it to hell now' red flags.

As an aside, I'm so ready for this freaking election to be over, no matter the outcome.
10-29-2004 10:18 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:How is a key component to a nuclear weapon different than a key component to any other WMD?
It's different because the left can't acknowledge that Sadaam was a threat.

Unless it benefits them, which they think this story does.
10-29-2004 10:21 AM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

NC

You need alot more than just the VMX. Stuff like tritium (heavy hydrogen), plutonium you know the rest right???? I read a Clancy book one time and he went into some detail on how complicated it really is. Sum of all Fears, I believe.
10-29-2004 10:25 AM
Advertisement

Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Let-

Once we went in though we had people at the site the video verifies VMX at AL-Aqauaa. We then LEFT, WE THEN LEFT< WE THEN LEFT. WE DIDN"T GAURD IT!!! There were no orders to gaurd it. There were orders to gaurd the ministry of OIL. What the hell. WHY IS OIL more important than this site. CAPICHE
10-29-2004 10:30 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

Dogger Wrote:Let-

Once we went in though we had people at the site the video verifies VMX at AL-Aqauaa. We then LEFT, WE THEN LEFT< WE THEN LEFT. WE DIDN"T GAURD IT!!! There were no orders to gaurd it. There were orders to gaurd the ministry of OIL. What the hell. WHY IS OIL more important than this site. CAPICHE
You're running off of unverified information. As is Kerry. Nobody is sure that the materials were there when our troops arrived.

If ya'll turn out to be wrong, may God have mercy on the campaign.
10-29-2004 10:32 AM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Let-

We have the date, we have the GPS coordinates, we have boxes labeled VMX and Al-Qaqaa. What else do you need?????????
10-29-2004 10:41 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

How about actually reading the below quote:

Quote:On Wednesday, 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS e-mailed still images of the footage taken at the site to experts in Washington to see if the items captured on tape are the same kind of high explosives that went missing in Al Qaqaa. Those experts could not make that determination.&nbsp;

The footage is now in the hands of security experts to see if it is indeed the explosives in question.

Quote:We have the date
Yeah, those pictures that show trucks lined up outside the facility have a date on them...

Quote:we have the GPS coordinates
Well lord I hope so.

Quote:we have boxes labeled VMX and Al-Qaqaa
We do? Where? Show me.
10-29-2004 10:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.