Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You guys have to be feeling good!!
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

There was a point when I really believed that Kerry was going to be president yesterday. This one hurts guys. Hurts real bad!! Here's a synopsis of my evening!!

6:00 Call an obnoxious Republican buddy to gauge his feelings. He tells me he hasn't watched any news (which I knew was a lie) and all he planned on watching that night was Toledo vs. Miami. Told me not to call later that night because we would only be watching the game.

7:00 Drudge has flashing lights that says the race is tightening. Most networks were still pretty positive about a Kerry victory in Fl. and Ohio.

8:00 Start to feel a little unsettled, but am happy New Jersey went so quickly to Kerry. Start to feel better. Double check electoral vote.com and this was the undecided in their column. Worried but still pretty confident.

9:00-10:00- Media starts talking about the effect of Fl's hurricanes and how it helped Bush.

11:00- Full panick mode. When I here about Hamilton county still not being counted almost cry.

Midnight- Find all black clothes for school tommorrow.

1:00- Foxnews calls Ohio for Bush and go to bed. What a turn around!!!!
11-03-2004 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

In all seriousness, I belive it's what was best for the country.

Lieberman? He's a good guy, may have had possibilities.

Kerry? He's a moron. A liability to MA, and would have been a liability to the country.

Interesting to note that reports (I don't work there) from the Pentagon were a gloomy afternoon, but today it's sunshine.

Those folks are worth considering when you (meaning any US citizen) vote.
11-03-2004 10:19 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DrTorch Wrote:In all seriousness, I belive it's what was best for the country.

Lieberman? He's a good guy, may have had possibilities.

Kerry? He's a moron. A liability to MA, and would have been a liability to the country.

Interesting to note that reports (I don't work there) from the Pentagon were a gloomy afternoon, but today it's sunshine.

Those folks are worth considering when you (meaning any US citizen) vote.
The defense contracting industry is having a good day. :D
11-03-2004 10:21 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I started looking at Kerry's margins in Conn. and Delaware about 9pm. When I saw how relatively tight those states were, and that Virginia and WVa were breaking early, I was extremely optimistic.

Networks need to stop calling stuff early. They called Pennsylvania immediately, but it tightened all night. The margins in Penn., Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan for Kerry are all less than the Ohio margin for Bush.

Deep down, I don't believe many people truly wanted Kerry to be President...without the Bush hatred, this would've been a landslide of Biblical proportions.

The Dems will regroup, get a candidate, learn from mistakes, and come back strong.
11-03-2004 10:26 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

BearcatCarl Wrote:The Dems will regroup, get a candidate, learn from mistakes, and come back strong.
I'm not sure of that. I think Bush had a chance to really fracture that party during this election. He didn't do it, but a good 4 years and he might.

Consider what the operative word during the DNC was: unity.

The current Democratic party is basically a bunch of loosely bound anti-republicans.

You have minority interests, labor interests, environmental interests, social/sexual interests...many of which are in opposition to each other.

It hasn't been this fragmented since 1968/1972 Do it right and the party will split apart, perhaps forever.

Consider, this is the first president elected w/ a majority of the vote since 1988.
The opposing party lost their Senate Leader. The opposing party lost presence in both the Senate and House. The opposing party lost 2 gubenatorial positions.

They have been losing these latter campaigns for over a decade. Does that really sound like a party that is learning from its mistakes?
11-03-2004 10:35 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

DrTorch Wrote:
BearcatCarl Wrote:The Dems will regroup, get a candidate, learn from mistakes, and come back strong.
I'm not sure of that. I think Bush had a chance to really fracture that party during this election. He didn't do it, but a good 4 years and he might.
I was thinking the same thing. If Bush plays his cards right, he can put the final nail in the coffin to the DNC and force them to move away from the far left position they are in now.
11-03-2004 10:37 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

I'll tell you what makes me feel really good this morning.

The fact that George Soros just flushed millions down the toilet. Not that he can't spare it, but that makes me happy.

Michael Moore, Susan Surandon, Springstein, Ditzy Chicks, Garafolo, Babs et al. are all shaking their heads wondering what happened. It would be nice if this would make it clear to them the majority of this country doesn't want to hear their thoughts on politics. For lack of a better term, just shut up and sing. Except Moore, who should just leave the country.
11-03-2004 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.