Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tales from the Newsroom
Bob Saccomano Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Sunday night, I'm directing the 11pm news (the Browns were on a bye so I had no pregame show to produce) and we do a story on the "get out the vote" efforts by both side in Ohio. A very even-handed piece, with shots of the various phone banks, etc. One of the people we featured on the liberal side was the actress Hilary Swank. Anyway, about a 2 1/2 minute piece...nothing major.

About midnight, a group of these young activists (after a couple hours of hardcore boozing) from ACT or MoveOn show up in our lobby demanding to see the entire piece - basically, they wanted us to set up a screening room and allow them inside our station just to watch this stupid package. One of our morning producers went out to talk to them and explain that we were not permitted to allow them inside our station for ANY reason at that time of night, for security purposes.

This group upstanding young activists proceeded to spew a stream of the vilest profanities I've ever heard directed at a human being (F-bombs, etc.), who, by the way, is a liberal, before finally giving up and leaving after about 20 minutes.

One of these people, a little older, was permitted to use one of our restrooms...and apparently stayed in there for about 15 minutes doing God knows what.

This guy, presumably the leader of the group since he's an older guy, is an actor some of you might remember by the name of Timothy Hutton.
Another of the profanity spewing mob was a young actress named Eliza Dushku.

Hear my plea, liberals and conservaties alike on this board: please attend more movies and watch more shows on Fox so these poor, out of work Thespians can leave the good state of Ohio and go back to doing what they do best.

God, I need a new job.
11-03-2004 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

BearcatCarl Wrote:Another of the profanity spewing mob was a young actress named Eliza Dushku.
Hate to hear that. She's hot. :D
11-03-2004 10:59 AM
Hencat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Timothy Hutton still living his delusional character from Falcon and The Snowman.
11-03-2004 11:05 AM
Advertisement

Hencat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

This her?

[Image: Maxim003.jpg]
11-03-2004 11:10 AM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

Timothy Hutton was a good actor...

Oh well...they'll get over it...or not. :laugh:
11-03-2004 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.