Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Two post election question.
Skipuno Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF

1. How long before the demacrats try to for impeachment?

2. Will Micheal Moore still win the oscar for best documentry ( frenheit 911) now that it failed to bring down President Bush?

For you who lean left, Dogger, SF, I suggest you stay away from high places and sharp objects for awhile and think Hillary 08, Hillary 08. :D
11-03-2004 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Nope Skip,

I've reevaluated my position on many matters. Time for our govt. to start solving some problems. hey what's that.... well there's the 5000 pound gorilla of a national debt........ what's that baby boomers are going to retire soon...... what 280,000 dollars per household in America. Glad there's a republican majority in the legislature and a republican president. They will cut our taxes. We will grow out of the national debt. Hell that's been their answer for every other economic challenge. We'll trickle those dollars down to the workin folk.
11-03-2004 08:37 PM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

I got the bug man Delay in the house. Frist the miracle worker in the senate. W leading with the guidance of a higher power. Big Things.............. HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR OUR COUNTRY the next four years!!!!
11-03-2004 08:54 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Skipuno Wrote:1. How long before the demacrats try to for impeachment?
No. 1, we can't. You guys run Washington. Can't blame us anymore. The burden of leadership is yours. Good luck and God bless.

No. 2 - I think Democrats respect the constitution too much to do to Bush what Republicans did to Clinton.
11-04-2004 07:47 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Schadenfreude Wrote:No. 2 - I think Democrats respect the constitution too much to do to Bush what Republicans did to Clinton.
What part of "judicial activism" are you ignoring, and why exactly have judicial appointees been log-jammed?
11-04-2004 08:48 AM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Skipuno Wrote:2. Will Micheal Moore still win the oscar for best documentry ( frenheit 911) now that it failed to bring down President Bush?
I think it's worth noting that "The Passion of the Christ" is not frequently mentioned for the Oscar.

So much for tolerance and diversity within the Academy.
11-04-2004 08:49 AM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Please define "judicial activism" and defend your ideological position on judicial activism with the Supreme Court coming up with a new equal protection right in the Bush/Gore recount. My experience has been that conservatives define "judicial activism" as a ruling with which they disagree.
11-04-2004 09:10 AM
Road Warrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Judicial activism = Roe v. Wade, i.e. finding a "right" in the Constitution that hadn't existed for the first couple hundred years of its existence.

The equal protection clause is firmly established and was clear-cut in the case of the attempt by Gore to steal the election. Gore only wanted to recount the three most liberal leaning counties in Florida. Bush said fine, if we are going to have a recount let's adhere to the EPC and recount the whole state.
11-04-2004 09:35 AM
MAKO Offline
1st String

I Root For:

So you agree then that federal courts have a duty to interpret state law in light of the federal constitution.
11-04-2004 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.