Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The sad costs of a tax break.
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Robert N. Patton was imprisoned for burglary in November of 2001. His DNA was collected along with another back logged 19,271 mouth swabbed samples. Federal Funds for logging in the DNA swabs ran out soon after W's tax cuts. We have to make priorties as American's and obviously W's tax cuts take priority over logging of DNA samples into the FBI's criminal data base. Well, Mr. Patton continued to rape and burglarize women until his sample was entered into the data base in June of 2004. After his arrest Patton confessed to the raping of more than 50 Columbus area women from 1987 til that June of 2004. Who would volunteer to tell Candy Brewer who was attacked in her home on Christmas Eve after his release from that burglary that tax cuts are a priority to our federal govt. Starve the beast I have heard some say.
01-13-2005 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte

This is quite possibly one of the most moronic things I've ever seen in my life. And after being on this board for a while, that's saying something. This is so patently stupid it's not even worth refuting.
01-13-2005 12:43 PM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

What that tax cuts have a consequence. One time you posted where you would start cutting needless waste of govt. I'll admit I agreed with 75% of the things posted. However, our govt. should never lack funding for the input of DNA samples into the FBI data base.
01-13-2005 12:49 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Dogger Wrote:What that tax cuts have a consequence. One time you posted where you would start cutting needless waste of govt. I'll admit I agreed with 75% of the things posted. However, our govt. should never lack funding for the input of DNA samples into the FBI data base.
Imagine the funding that could have gone to this if the 75% of the things we agreed on need to be cut had actually been cut? Why is it that tax cuts are the problem and not wasteful spending?

Giving people MORE of THEIR money back is not the cause of funding problems. Wasteful spending is. Any assertion otherwise is ludicrous.
01-13-2005 12:53 PM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

What's even sadder. I guess it only costs 30 dollars per sample. 30 dollars for it to be entered into the data base.
01-13-2005 12:53 PM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Niner,

This is the odd occurence where I do agree with you. Govt. Spending is a problem. But starving the beast is not the ANSWER.
01-13-2005 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

I think this is going to sound way more cold-hearted than I mean for it to.

Quote:  Robert N. Patton was imprisoned for burglary in November of 2001. His DNA was collected along with another back logged 19,271 mouth swabbed samples.

Quote:After his arrest Patton confessed to the raping of more than 50 Columbus area women from 1987 til that June of 2004.

Questions: You mention a Candy Brewer. Was it her assault that led to the that led to Pattons arrest?

Were there samples from other victims available? If not, it would have done no good to have him in a database.

Good try though. At least it's not a post 'mess 'o potamia'.
01-13-2005 12:56 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Dogger Wrote:Niner,

This is the odd occurence where I do agree with you. Govt. Spending is a problem. But starving the beast is not the ANSWER.
Actually it is the answer. If you don't starve the beast of what it loves most it won't ever adapt to not having it.

You don't throw good money after bad. And there is no evidence what so ever that had the tax cuts never happend that this program would have been funded as it needed to be. And no evidence that even if it was they would have caught this guy earlier.
01-13-2005 01:01 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

The guy in your avatar didn't try to starve the beast. Conservatives like to talk a big game about reducing government spending, but Dubya is spending like a drunken sailor in port. He hasn't vetoed one spending bill.
01-13-2005 01:05 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

JTiger Wrote:The guy in your avatar didn't try to starve the beast. Conservatives like to talk a big game about reducing government spending, but Dubya is spending like a drunken sailor in port. He hasn't vetoed one spending bill.
Reagan's spending was on defense. I have no problem with that.

Bush has spent too much. I've stated that repeatedly. That is my biggest problem with him.
01-13-2005 01:06 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

So, as long as you agree with the program it's being spent on it's okay?
01-13-2005 01:17 PM
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

JTiger Wrote:So, as long as you agree with the program it's being spent on it's okay?
I would hope national defense would be something we would all agree needs to be spent on. But then I'm sure there are some who would prefer we not.
01-13-2005 01:20 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

It's a worthy program, but I'm just saying that others may find star wars (defense spending) not a worthy venture. I personally like the idea, if anything for the sake of science. I realize this is an opinionated site, but who is to say that keeping track of rapist is not a good idea. If it only costs $30, what is the problem. It's not going to make your taxes go up. I think criminal justice is just as worthy a program as national defense. Since we are on the subject, what would you say are the 5 most important programs to keep?
01-13-2005 01:24 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

JTiger Wrote:I realize this is an opinionated site, but who is to say that keeping track of rapist is not a good idea.  If it only costs $30, what is the problem.  It's not going to make your taxes go up.  I think criminal justice is just as worthy a program as national defense.
None of the replies have said that DNA databases for rapists is a bad idea. My reply was that a) Dogger gave no proof that lack of money was the reason for the backlog, b) Dogger gave no proof that if there was a lack of money it was caused by tax cuts, and c) Dogger gave no proof that putting Patton in the database three years sooner would have made a difference in his capture.
01-13-2005 01:44 PM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

I tried to look up the article in the Columbus Dispatch but it costs 4.95 a month to read the article.

It's an AP article and it states that lack of funding was the reason it wasn't put into the data base earlier. It mentions three rapes that occured after Nov. 2001. I do not know how many of the 50 occured after 2001. It's carried in today's Sandusky Register. I bet you could find it on the AP newswire. I'll try Drudge and get back to you.

1) Lack of federal funding was why they ran out of money to put the samples in.

2) Did the tax cuts cause the drain in money? I'm just adding one plus one here.

3) Yes, as soon as his DNA sample was put into the data base he was captured. They had samples of him as far back as 87'. He was getting smarter though after 2001. He actually made his victim's take showers. Yes pretty sick.
01-13-2005 02:00 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Quote:It's a worthy program, but I'm just saying that others may find star wars (defense spending) not a worthy venture.  I personally like the idea, if anything for the sake of science.

I would agree. I think a missile defense system is a worthy venture. The idea of rendering ICBM's useless is very appealing to me.

Quote: I realize this is an opinionated site, but who is to say that keeping track of rapist is not a good idea.  If it only costs $30, what is the problem.  It's not going to make your taxes go up.  I think criminal justice is just as worthy a program as national defense.

I think it's a great idea. I think we should keep track of rapists. And if it only costs $30 per that's not a problem either. ANd if that's all it costs it certainly won't make my taxes go up. I don't think you ever saw me say we shouldn't keep track of rapists. What I said was cutting taxes did not cause this guy to rape, or continue to rape, women. Cutting taxes did not make it more difficult for him to be found. That was the assertion Dogger was making. My point is wasteful spending is the chief problem. Imagine if the millions of dollars that went to WV in pork barrel so that another building could bare Bob Byrd's name had been spent there?

Quote:I Since we are on the subject, what would you say are the 5 most important programs to keep?

Defense, transportation, social security, EPA and education (though vouchers should be an option).
01-13-2005 02:03 PM
Advertisement

Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

Found IT!!

<a href='http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-burglar-rapist,0,772056.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines' target='_blank'>http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wi...world-headlines</a>

Sad thirteen more victim's after the Nov. arrest. tragic

This is a very condensed article. You guys can probably find more on it with a little research.
01-13-2005 02:03 PM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

Quote:2) Did the tax cuts cause the drain in money? I'm just adding one plus one here.

Well, that a little spurious.

The state of North Carolina is having the same type of problem with DNA samples. There is a massive backlog. We haven't had a tax cut here in years.

Just because there was a lack of federal funds doesn't mean that the program was starved for money due to tax cuts. It could be that the federal government is *gasp* mismanaging the program.
01-13-2005 02:13 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

Quote:1) Lack of federal funding was why they ran out of money to put the samples in.

No, funding problems was why. Lack of federal funding was not mentioned.
Quote:The FBI's Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) finally made the alleged match three years after Patton's sample was taken. The lengthy wait was due to funding problems, officials said.

Quote:2) Did the tax cuts cause the drain in money?  I'm just adding one plus one here.

No, you started at 1 and went to 50 without paying any mind to 2-49. We don't know that lack of federal funding was the problem. We don't know that if taxes had not been lowered there wouldn't have been funding problems. You have no way of knowing if that revenue would have gone to that program to begin with. You have no way of knowing if it had that he would have been captured any sooner.

Quote:3)  Yes, as soon as his DNA sample was put into the data base he was captured.  They had samples of him as far back as 87'.

No, they didn't. His first rape was in 1987. They didn't have a DNA sample until 1995.

Quote:On Feb. 25, 1995, the suspect was linked through DNA to a sexual attack and assault on a woman inside her home in Pomona, Calif., Burton reported Police said DNA was recovered after the suspect suffered a severe laceration on his arm while exiting the residence by jumping from a second-floor balcony.

Investigators said the DNA evidence was connected to Patton, who was required by law to submit a DNA sample before being released from prison in November 2001. He was serving time for burglary, Burton reported.

Your original premise was, how many women could have been spared being raped had he been ID'd through the DNA scan. The answer? We don't know.

Quote:Investigators said the first phase of rapes occurred from December 1991 to January 1993 in the Linden area. After a short break, the rapes resumed from October 1994 to February 1995.

<a href='http://www.nbc4i.com/news/3429355/detail.html' target='_blank'>Full Report</a>

There is no basis in fact or reason for your attack on Bush and the tax cuts using this rapist. The timelines don't match for you to. There are far too many factors involved and too many what if's to draw a conclusion. It's just a lame attempt to attack Bush.
01-13-2005 02:16 PM
Dogger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

The article I have states clearly three women were attacked after Nov. 2001. I posted another article that says 13 other women were attacked. We know that there is a lack of funding. Why do we have a funding problem, because W and his gang is trying to starve the beast. The pendulum is beginning to sway back towards me niner.

The last Act of this sorry administration's Play is just begun and I feel it's my responsibility to make people AWARE that these tax cuts have implications!!!!! No one likes to pay TAXES but they are needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-13-2005 02:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.