georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

They have the President.
They have the Senate majority.
They have the House majority.

And they keep using it the WRONG way.

Exhibit A) Energy policy. No extra funding for the cold fusion labs at UCLA which are very promising. $25,000 rebate for a Hummer, no more $4,000 rebate for a Hybrid.

Exhibit B) <a href='http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+affect+you/2100-1028_3-5697111.html?tag=st.num' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+a...html?tag=st.num</a> The Senate UNANIMOUSLY PASSED the National ID card b/c a Republican attached the ****ing thing to the Iraq funds bill. Great. Now any **** with a properly hacked reader can get loads of info on you if it's RFID, and we all see how unfakeable driver's licenses are these days. MORONS. Since 9/11 this country has had a rocket up its *** to meet up with 1984 standards.

Exhibit C) National Consumption Tax and SS reform are going along at the speed of smell. We're running up on a year and not a DAMN THING has been done with either. If you are taking forever and a day to pass some f'n supreme court judges, then this should have been started LONG ago.

PATHETIC.
05-10-2005 06:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

WAR IS PEACE
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
05-10-2005 07:53 PM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:They have the President.
They have the Senate majority.
They have the House majority.

And they keep using it the WRONG way.

Exhibit A) Energy policy. No extra funding for the cold fusion labs at UCLA which are very promising. $25,000 rebate for a Hummer, no more $4,000 rebate for a Hybrid.

Exhibit B) <a href='http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+affect+you/2100-1028_3-5697111.html?tag=st.num' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+a...html?tag=st.num</a> The Senate UNANIMOUSLY PASSED the National ID card b/c a Republican attached the ****ing thing to the Iraq funds bill. Great. Now any **** with a properly hacked reader can get loads of info on you if it's RFID, and we all see how unfakeable driver's licenses are these days. MORONS. Since 9/11 this country has had a rocket up its *** to meet up with 1984 standards.

Exhibit C) National Consumption Tax and SS reform are going along at the speed of smell. We're running up on a year and not a DAMN THING has been done with either. If you are taking forever and a day to pass some f'n supreme court judges, then this should have been started LONG ago.

PATHETIC.
:cry: :cry: :cry:
05-10-2005 09:44 PM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

I've never really understood what the whole problem is with a national ID. Isn't it basically the same thing as a passport?
05-11-2005 07:56 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Fanatical Wrote:I've never really understood what the whole problem is with a national ID. Isn't it basically the same thing as a passport?
You got me. I see nothing wrong with having to prove your citizenship. I don't see how it violates the Constitution at all. If I am remembering correctly, you're a Democrat, right? If so, do you also agree with having to show proof of citizenship at the voting booths? This I whole-heartedly support.
05-11-2005 08:03 AM
Quote this message in a reply
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

RebelKev Wrote:
Fanatical Wrote:I've never really understood what the whole problem is with a national ID. Isn't it basically the same thing as a passport?
You got me. I see nothing wrong with having to prove your citizenship. I don't see how it violates the Constitution at all. If I am remembering correctly, you're a Democrat, right? If so, do you also agree with having to show proof of citizenship at the voting booths? This I whole-heartedly support.
I have to show my drivers license if I don't have my voters card. What is all the opposition to the national ID card?
05-11-2005 08:19 AM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

The problem people have with national ID is two fold.

I think GTS's biggest gripe with it is the ability for people to read the IDs with relative ease and at a distance. I haven't been following the debate all that closely, but from what I understand, one can read one of these cards from accross the room?

The other half of the problem with a national ID is that it's basically another way that the government is keeping tabs on people. The whole one more step to 1984 kind of mentality. I suppose it's also a states versus federal government argument.
05-11-2005 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:The problem people have with national ID is two fold.

I think GTS's biggest gripe with it is the ability for people to read the IDs with relative ease and at a distance. I haven't been following the debate all that closely, but from what I understand, one can read one of these cards from accross the room?

The other half of the problem with a national ID is that it's basically another way that the government is keeping tabs on people. The whole one more step to 1984 kind of mentality. I suppose it's also a states versus federal government argument.
I see your point. It seems these sort of items were not big deal right after 9/11, like the patriot act.
05-11-2005 09:22 AM

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:I think GTS's biggest gripe with it is the ability for people to read the IDs with relative ease and at a distance. I haven't been following the debate all that closely, but from what I understand, one can read one of these cards from accross the room?
*EXACTLY*

Than they'll have the following info on them:
- SSN
- Photo ID
- DOB
- (IIRC) Important medical history
among others

Suffice to say, MORE THAN ENOUGH for some jagoff 60 feet away from you to get everything he'll ever need for you to be his ID theft victim.
05-12-2005 01:10 AM

JTiger Wrote:I see your point. It seems these sort of items were not big deal right after 9/11, like the patriot act.
And THANK GOD the Patriot Act is now under thorough review before being extended. It seems in a 22 month period, police used the patriot act 108 times to invade people's homes without notice or warrant. That's a load of bull**** right there.

<a href='http://news.com.com/Feds+uncloak+the+Patriot+Act/2100-1030_3-5655112.html' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/Feds+uncloak+the+Patri..._3-5655112.html</a>
05-12-2005 01:31 AM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up

Quote:Exhibit B) <a href='http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+a...html?tag=st.num' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+a...html?tag=st.num</a> The Senate UNANIMOUSLY PASSED the National ID card b/c a Republican attached the ****ing thing to the Iraq funds bill. Great. Now any **** with a properly hacked reader can get loads of info on you if it's RFID, and we all see how unfakeable driver's licenses are these days. MORONS. Since 9/11 this country has had a rocket up its *** to meet up with 1984 standards.

Winston thinks that statement is double plus good.

:D :laugh:
05-12-2005 10:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:I think GTS's biggest gripe with it is the ability for people to read the IDs with relative ease and at a distance. I haven't been following the debate all that closely, but from what I understand, one can read one of these cards from accross the room?
*EXACTLY*

Than they'll have the following info on them:
- SSN
- Photo ID
- DOB
- (IIRC) Important medical history
among others

Suffice to say, MORE THAN ENOUGH for some jagoff 60 feet away from you to get everything he'll ever need for you to be his ID theft victim.
If i must renounce my citizenship to retain my individuality i will do so with out thought.
I've always wanted to be Swiss. :D get me a fine swiss female. 03-wink Plus i think this is mentioned somewhere in the Book of Revalation in the Bible.
05-15-2005 10:24 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
JTiger Wrote:I see your point.&nbsp; It seems these sort of items were not big deal right after 9/11, like the patriot act.
And THANK GOD the Patriot Act is now under thorough review before being extended. It seems in a 22 month period, police used the patriot act 108 times to invade people's homes without notice or warrant. That's a load of bull**** right there.

<a href='http://news.com.com/Feds+uncloak+the+Patriot+Act/2100-1030_3-5655112.html' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/Feds+uncloak+the+Patri..._3-5655112.html</a>
what's wrong with searching a house, if you have probable cause?
05-16-2005 07:24 AM
ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

Tulsaman Wrote:If i must renounce my citizenship to retain my individuality i will do so with out thought..
:rolleyes: I don't have any trouble believing that either.
05-16-2005 08:32 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:what's wrong with searching a house, if you have probable cause?
Depends on what probably cause you want to use?

Are they searching your house because:

You are from the Middle East (possible terrorist)
You are black and dresses a little too street (possible gang banger)
You are hispanic and speak too much Mexican (possible illegal alien)
You are a redneck and like to shoot your guns (possible member of some crazy militia)

Well I think you need more probable cause than that someone looks or acts a certain way. That is what will start happening when you start using probable cause instead of due process.

The Republicans have not used their "mandate from America" to do much if you ask me. What has Bush accomplished in his second administration?
05-16-2005 10:48 AM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

Tulsaman Wrote:If i must renounce my citizenship to retain my individuality i will do so with out thought.
Who do you think you are, Bobby Fischer?

It worked great for him. Maybe you too can get assylum in Iceland. Probably not, though, because you are not famous.
05-16-2005 10:58 AM
Advertisement

Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

uhmump95 Wrote:What has Bush accomplished in his second administration?
Kissing the asses of Democrats. I see very little difference between the two these days.
05-16-2005 11:24 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators

blah Wrote:
Tulsaman Wrote:If i must renounce my citizenship to retain my individuality i will do so with out thought.

It worked great for him. Maybe you too can get assylum in Iceland. Probably not, though, because you are not famous.
Bobby Fischer broke the law. Tulsa wouldn't need asylum. People are free to leave this country.
05-16-2005 12:58 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:
blah Wrote:

Bobby Fischer broke the law. Tulsa wouldn't need asylum. People are free to leave this country.
True, but who would take him? Most counties don't let you just hang out... :D :angel:
05-16-2005 04:57 PM
Tulsaman Offline
This Space For Rent
Jersey Retired

I Root For: OK State, Tulsa
CrappiesCrappies

blah Wrote:
Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:
blah Wrote:

True, but who would take him? Most counties don't let you just hang out... :D :angel:
The French. 03-razz
but it doesn't matter i don't think i'll make it to see 21 on this earth. i seriously think and believe that. and i don't want any help pr pity.
05-17-2005 12:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.