Bookmark and Share
memphodude Offline
1st String

I Root For: TIGER VIC-TO-RY
NTR-Apparently you're not safe in Knoxville either
There are no words.

http://www.volunteertv.com/special/headl...49962.html
http://www.michellemalkin.com/

Be sure to see the number of charges...stunning.
05-17-2007 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

I Root For: Miserables

seen this before, it makes the virgina tech shooting seem humane
05-17-2007 10:50 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Shoot all 4 of them right after the guilty verdict.
05-17-2007 10:51 AM
JerryJeff Offline
All American

I Root For:

Michelle Malkin nails it on the head. It's not a "useful" murder. Disgusting, truely disgusting.
05-17-2007 10:55 AM
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

fsquid Wrote:Shoot all 4 of them right after the guilty verdict.

screw that
05-17-2007 11:01 AM
cwise Online
That's what she said....

I Root For: Memphis

Seriously, why is this not bigger news?

This country is obsessed with stuff like this, and all of a sudden news outlets refuse to report on this horrible crime?

Sounds fishy to me.
05-17-2007 11:36 AM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

I like to think that I keep on top of things and I hadn't heard anything about this. This is one of the most horrible crimes that I've ever read about. The link gives a very graphic account of what happened.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2007/05/13/r...nd-murder/
05-17-2007 11:57 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Re: NTR-Apparently you're not safe in Knoxville either
Quote:
memphodude Wrote:There are no words.

http://www.volunteertv.com/special/headl...49962.html
http://www.michellemalkin.com/

Be sure to see the number of charges...stunning.

Echoing the content of the Malkin article, does anyone ever notice that TV news will more often than not fail to give the description of an assailant, even if there is an eyewitness account of the event. Sometimes that could be useful, especially in situations involving abductions or armed crimes.

The CA will often not print pictures of those arrested either, I remeber this being an issue about 10 years ago.

I would suppose the reason is that the majority of these crimes are committed by black men, and the sensitivity about constantly showing or depicting black men as criminals does not set well with some.

Sadly, though, look at the most recent murder stats in Memphis. About 90% of murder victims in Memphis are black, and an equal number of suspects in those murders are black, too.
05-17-2007 11:59 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators

"A Knox County judge has set a trial date for the four people suspected of carjacking and killing a Knoxville couple earlier this year.
Letalvis Cobbins, Vanessa Coleman, George Coleman and Lemaricus Davidson each have a trial date set for the middle of next year.

The families of both Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom were in court for today
05-17-2007 12:00 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

[quote="bluebacker"]"A Knox County judge has set a trial date for the four people suspected of carjacking and killing a Knoxville couple earlier this year.
Letalvis Cobbins, Vanessa Coleman, George Coleman and Lemaricus Davidson each have a trial date set for the middle of next year.

The families of both Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom were in court for today
05-17-2007 12:11 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

TailgateTiger Wrote:

screw that

Damn right.

Those 4 upstanding citizens should be given keys to the city of Knoxville and lifetime season tickets to all Volunteer games.

/sarcasm

Quote:Seriously, why is this not bigger news?

This country is obsessed with stuff like this, and all of a sudden news outlets refuse to report on this horrible crime?

Sounds fishy to me.

Racial makeup of the victims and perpetrators is the reason.

Salukiblue eloquently detailed the hot issue of racial politics in this case. The MSM simply will NOT bring this case to the national level.

This gets back to my point on another thread about the racial issues getting real OLD real FAST. When James Byrd was dragged to death by those racist guys in Texas, it was constantly covered by the national media and justifiably so. Those racist murderers needed to be treated the EXACT same way.

Yet when a young white couple is visciously assaulted and murdered by racist blacks, suddenly everything is very hush hush. A person has to google news blogs to get any information.

Double standards.

Of course Sharpton and/or Jackson won't speak out on this. It doesn't fit their agenda. And we don't see any WHITE spokesperson making it a major issue, either. The fear of being painted as a 'racist" is stifling!

Part of the old white guilt thing, I guess.

Sorry, Mr. Christian, but your raped, mutilated, and murdered daughter is simply a pawn in a BIGGER game here. Please understand, and keep a civil tongue in your head. Keep your frustration to a minimum, please. We don't want to upset these 4 underprivileged individuals.

No big deal. Nothing to see here, folks. Move along now...
05-17-2007 01:29 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

maybe if the victim's parents had called the girl a nappy headed ho it might have gotten more play?
05-17-2007 01:35 PM
TailgateTiger Offline
Hapharazd Heckler

boss man Wrote:
TailgateTiger Wrote:

screw that

Damn right.

Those 4 upstanding citizens should be given keys to the city of Knoxville and lifetime season tickets to all Volunteer games.

/sarcasm

cant believe you took it that way. getting shoot right after verdict seems pretty easy
05-17-2007 02:09 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

TailgateTiger Wrote:
boss man Wrote:
TailgateTiger Wrote:

screw that

Damn right.

/sarcasm

cant believe you took it that way. getting shoot right after verdict seems pretty easy

It should be easy. Why should my tax dollars keep paying for those 4 to live?
05-17-2007 02:11 PM
JTiger Offline
Grand Master Sexaaayyyy

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

boss man Wrote:Yet when a young white couple is visciously assaulted and murdered by racist blacks, suddenly everything is very hush hush. A person has to google news blogs to get any information.

Double standards.

Of course Sharpton and/or Jackson won't speak out on this. It doesn't fit their agenda. And we don't see any WHITE spokesperson making it a major issue, either. The fear of being painted as a 'racist" is stifling!

Sorry, Mr. Christian, but your raped, mutilated, and murdered daughter is simply a pawn in a BIGGER game here. Please understand, and keep a civil tongue in your head. Keep your frustration to a minimum, please. We don't want to upset these 4 underprivileged individuals.

I disagree with you, when Natalie Holloway or JonBenet Ramsey get killed it's huge news. I have no idea why it isn't a bigger news story right now but it should be. However, your assertion that it's racially motivated is sketchy to say the least.
05-17-2007 02:25 PM
klg316 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

JTiger Wrote:
boss man Wrote:Yet when a young white couple is visciously assaulted and murdered by racist blacks, suddenly everything is very hush hush. A person has to google news blogs to get any information.

Double standards.

I disagree with you, when Natalie Holloway or JonBenet Ramsey get killed it's huge news. I have no idea why it isn't a bigger news story right now but it should be. However, your assertion that it's racially motivated is sketchy to say the least.

Yeah, but both those cases were big deals because there was some mystery to them. We already know who did this and what happened.
05-17-2007 02:34 PM
Advertisement

Latilleon Offline
Git Buck.

I wasn't going to say anything about this. I'm getting sick of always feeling like I have to give racial commentary from the other side of the aisle...

What happened to those two is absolutely foul. It is obscene humans can do that to other humans.

Now, I am surprised there is little national media coverage of this. It's amazing to read these blogs and commentary about how the media isn't covering this because it was a black on white crime and if it was the other way around it would get media coverage. I think that is a JOKE. How many black people are murdered in Memphis that get a second mention on the news with no follow-up on the impact on the family and the capture and trial of the murderer? People compare it to the Duke Lacrosse case, but why not compare it to the missing girl in Aruba or the Petersons? If I was robbed and murdered tomorrow, I'd get a brief mention in the B section on the paper. CNN wouldn't be at my door looking for an angle.

And then to mention Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? WTF. Some of you have a woody for these guys. Why isn't Pat Robertson coming to Cassandra Harding's defense for choosing to have her baby?

It's just like the Mickey Wright situation. The end result is someone died who shouldn't have, and you have to hope justice will be served.
05-17-2007 02:42 PM
callemasIsee-em Offline
Banned

I Root For: the Tigers!

JTiger Wrote:

Double standards.

I think he's right on target...
05-17-2007 02:54 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain

Latilleon Wrote:I wasn't going to say anything about this. I'm getting sick of always feeling like I have to give racial commentary from the other side of the aisle...

What happened to those two is absolutely foul. It is obscene humans can do that to other humans.

Now, I am surprised there is little national media coverage of this. It's amazing to read these blogs and commentary about how the media isn't covering this because it was a black on white crime and if it was the other way around it would get media coverage. I think that is a JOKE. How many black people are murdered in Memphis that get a second mention on the news with no follow-up on the impact on the family and the capture and trial of the murderer? People compare it to the Duke Lacrosse case, but why not compare it to the missing girl in Aruba or the Petersons? If I was robbed and murdered tomorrow, I'd get a brief mention in the B section on the paper. CNN wouldn't be at my door looking for an angle.

And then to mention Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? WTF. Some of you have a woody for these guys. Why isn't Pat Robertson coming to Cassandra Harding's defense for choosing to have her baby?

It's just like the Mickey Wright situation. The end result is someone died who should have, and you have to hope justice will be served.

Yeah, but those are black on black crimes, which don't have the racial overtones of the white on black (duke lacrosse, brawley, wright) that bring out the sharptons and jacksons (or lasimba grays) of the world.

If there were a murder or brutal raping of a black person by a white one, I would bet it would be a lightning rod for civil rights leaders or the media to pick up on.

Sadly, as referenced above, these same civil rights leaders have done little to adress or educate the black community about the fact that 80-90% of murders in memphis involve blacks killing blacks.
05-17-2007 02:55 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

salukiblue Wrote:
Latilleon Wrote:I wasn't going to say anything about this. I'm getting sick of always feeling like I have to give racial commentary from the other side of the aisle...

It's just like the Mickey Wright situation. The end result is someone died who should have, and you have to hope justice will be served.

Yeah, but those are black on black crimes, which don't have the racial overtones of the white on black (duke lacrosse, brawley, wright) that bring out the sharptons and jacksons (or lasimba grays) of the world.

If there were a murder or brutal raping of a black person by a white one, I would bet it would be a lightning rod for civil rights leaders or the media to pick up on.

Sadly, as referenced above, these same civil rights leaders have done little to adress or educate the black community about the fact that 80-90% of murders in memphis involve blacks killing blacks.

Thank you.
05-17-2007 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.