Unregistered

Go Seminoles - Neuter 'em Dawgs 04-cheers

<!--EDIT|MsNole|Dec 27 2002, 02:54 PM-->
12-27-2002 01:43 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lucy
Unregistered

Just one question...since both of these recent recruiting articles are copied directly off warchantrecruiting.com, shouldn't credit be given to the author(s), so NCAAbbs doesn't have to deal with any possible issues with plagarism, etc., since that is a premium site for subscribers only? I do know that the Maryland board on ACCBoards has encountered problems with TerpTown in the past when information & articles off the premium site were posted on ACCBoards.

<!--EDIT|Lucy|Dec 27 2002, 08:07 AM-->
12-27-2002 08:00 AM
Upper Deck Chevy
Unregistered

Lucy Wrote:Just one question...since both of these recent recruiting articles are copied directly off warchantrecruiting.com, shouldn't credit be given to the author(s), so NCAAbbs doesn't have to deal with any possible issues with plagarism, etc., since that is a premium site for subscribers only? &nbsp;I do know that the Maryland board on ACCBoards has encountered problems with TerpTown in the past when information & articles off the premium site were posted on ACCBoards.
Damn you are good! 04-bow

And that article needs to be deleted entirely as it is proprietary content meant for warchant.com subscribers only.

So MsNole - you're chasing posters away AND trying to get us sued? This is serious stuff! [Image: nonono2.gif]

<!--EDIT|Upper Deck Chevy|Dec 27 2002, 09:57 AM-->
12-27-2002 08:40 AM
MsNole
Unregistered

[quote="Upper Deck Chevy"][quote="Lucy"]Just one question...since both of these recent recruiting articles are copied directly off warchantrecruiting.com, shouldn't credit be given to the author(s), so NCAAbbs doesn't have to deal with any possible issues with plagarism, etc., since that is a premium site for subscribers only?
12-27-2002 10:23 AM
Upper Deck Chevy
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:Well, let's see... I paid for this article, so how can they sue???
From the <a href='http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1014&CID=47688' target='_blank'>Rivals.com Premium Services Terms of Use</a>:

Quote:The material on the Premium Ticket Service is for the private, non-commercial enjoyment of Subscribers only. Any other use is strictly prohibited. Rivals and its publishing partners spend a great deal of time and money to obtain the information appearing on its web sites. Subscribers agree that they will not copy, publish, or in any way make available publicly any news, pictures, interviews, features, or any other information from Rivals web sites, without express written permission from Rivals. Subscribers agree that, should they do so, Rivals reserves the right to cancel their subscription immediately without refund. Additionally, reuse of copyrighted information (pictures, interviews, features, videos, audio, etc.) will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

From the <a href='http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1014&CID=47693' target='_blank'>Copyright info</a>
Quote:The Rivals.com network of web sites contains copyrighted information and other information that is subject to various limitations and "fair use" guidelines under law. The content on these sites is copyrighted under the United States copyright laws. No copying or other redistribution by any method will be permitted without the express written permission of AllianceSports.

It's common sense, MsNole - if they let every subscriber redistribute their premium content for free, they would go out of business!

<!--EDIT|Upper Deck Chevy|Dec 27 2002, 11:04 AM-->
12-27-2002 10:55 AM
Upper Deck Chevy
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:Go Seminoles - Neuter 'em Dawgs 04-cheers
Now there's something we can all agree on!
12-27-2002 08:17 PM
Advertisement

Paul
Unregistered

[quote="MsNole"][quote="Upper Deck Chevy"][quote="Lucy"]Just one question...since both of these recent recruiting articles are copied directly off warchantrecruiting.com, shouldn't credit be given to the author(s), so NCAAbbs doesn't have to deal with any possible issues with plagarism, etc., since that is a premium site for subscribers only?
12-28-2002 03:11 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

All this talk about premium service and having to pay for it, and whats copyrighted and then actually stating what the rules of the service are is a little off.
If you go to most Rival.com sites they also have a 'free' membership that you can use on a trial basis, with no obligations.
All you do is put in your credit card number and get access to everything that the premium service has to offer.
You can get it for 3-7 days, depending on what schools' site you want to go to and when your time is up just cancel the subscription and you wont be charged
I find it strange when Rivals.com posts rules that you must abide by, yet you can get into the site for free (a limited time, still free) or go elsewhere and find the same information on other websites, without paying a dime.
I wonder what the rules are on people that have cable TV for free ( that little black box works just as good as paying for cable) and I think its safe to say those people far outnumber the people going to Rivals.com premium services. Correct me if Im wrong but do the cable companies that show movies have copyright laws also?
Same thing goes for recording football games or most sports shows, they also have copyright laws, but how many people abide by their rules?
Also all that information you have to pay for to get at Rivals can be found in any college football chatroom or message board, not word for word, but the same information and all for free.
If thats the case Rivals should change their policy because like it or not, there are plenty of ways to get the SAME information free of charge and have it posted for the public to view and not be in violation of anything.

<!--EDIT|Garnet & Gold|Dec 28 2002, 01:34 PM-->
12-28-2002 08:18 AM
PoohTerp
Unregistered

You people are incredible. Why don't we just send this thread on over to the Rivals folks and get their opinion. :rolleyes:

If you're going work the message board world, you folks better learn the rules to live by. This site has had enough problems with the ACC coming after us for copyright infringement and then Kent Newsome threatening to sue us for plagarizing ACCBoards' design.

Come on folks.. THINK.. don't defend. 05-nono

<!--EDIT|PoohTerp|Dec 28 2002, 09:29 PM-->
12-28-2002 04:23 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

Oh look... PoohTerp, who happen to call me all kinds of bad names over on the Moderator's board, is offering her 2 cents worth of opinion on a thread that I already deleted. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
12-28-2002 06:32 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

why does it seem like MsNole is always stirring up controversey? Kinda like Darnell Dockett, I guess
12-28-2002 06:46 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

I am not defending no one, just giving my thought on what I think of the Rivals.com Premium Service and why alot of other people refuse to pay for the service and the same reason I dont use it.
If you actually read their terms of service, it doesnt hold up, IMHO.
I guess thats why they give a free trial membership, because alot of people including myself know sooner or later what you just payed for will become available for the public to view.
Again, Im not defending anyone or anything, just giving my thought on this premium service.
12-28-2002 07:02 PM
Paul
Unregistered

Speaking of "Copyrights"...

Lucy...

Do you have permission to use that signature line of
yours...or are you exempt.
12-28-2002 07:09 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:why does it seem like MsNole is always stirring up controversey? Kinda like Darnell Dockett, I guess
Must be cause I'm so lovable... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
12-28-2002 07:13 PM
Paul
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:why does it seem like MsNole is always stirring up controversey? Kinda like Darnell Dockett, I guess
It is ashame, DT2...that you cannot understand
what you read!

However...I believe that you are nothing more than
a "gofer" boy, along with some of these others...sent
here to discredit MsNole.

Y'all want to attempt to continue to disrupt this forum,
with your childish behavior.

Let this be known...We are members here just like you.

If you don't like the way things are here...don't post here.
Head back to the Maryland Whine Cellar.

We were all doing fine...until you twits went on your
witch hunt to get MsNole. It is pretty simple to figure out.

You people kill me...you talk about all the do's and don'ts
and then violate everyone of them yourself.

In reality, y'all have the characteristics of an unemployed
school teacher..."No Principal and No Class!"
12-28-2002 07:28 PM
Upper Deck Chevy
Unregistered

Question for you guys:

Would you think it is okay to record shows from HBO and rebroadcast them over the airwaves?

And Paul: even MsNole admitted her wrongdoing by editing her post. Why are you still defending her? She got the point Lucy and I were trying to make. Why can't you?

<!--EDIT|Upper Deck Chevy|Dec 28 2002, 07:37 PM-->
12-28-2002 07:29 PM
Advertisement

PoohTerp
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:Oh look... PoohTerp, who happen to call me all kinds of bad names over on the Moderator's board, is offering her 2 cents worth of opinion on a thread that I already deleted. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ms. Nole: I don't recall calling you any names in the Mod's Forum. I criticized your actions. That's not name calling. Additionally, I think you need to be reminded that what goes on in the Mod's Forum stays in the Mod's Forum.

You'd be hard-pressed to find where I have name-called on the boards. I leave that practice to younger crowd that seems to have taken over, and greatly drug down these forums.
12-28-2002 07:36 PM
Lucy
Unregistered

My dear Paul, http://www.peanuts.com is a PUBLIC site. I don't subscribe to it, and you wouldn't have to either. But in the spirit of legality, I will instead provide a public service to recruiting hounds in my sig line. :D For another example, http://www.ajc.com is a PUBLIC site, therefore I have linked many sports articles from that site and have done so quite legally.

http://www.warchantrecruiting.com is a PREMIUM site. In order to read their information, you must pay. If someone who may have paid to be a subscriber copies (without crediting the source I might add, which I learned to be a HUGE no-no in elementary school English class) an article from a premium site, then people who have not paid for the privilege of viewing said article are able to view the article and the owners of the PREMIUM site lose money.

Despite G&G's attempts to prove otherwise, owners of premium websites take their content very seriously. They have no qualms about pursuing action against people who choose to ignore the user agreements they sign when they apply for premium membership. Even the trial memberships have user agreements.

You guys want to pay fines, see your behinds in court, or see the administrators of this site sued? Keep on with the antics.

<!--EDIT|Lucy|Dec 28 2002, 08:33 PM-->
12-28-2002 07:56 PM
MsNole
Unregistered

PoohTerp Wrote:
MsNole Wrote:Oh look... PoohTerp, who happen to call me all kinds of bad names over on the Moderator's board, is offering her 2 cents worth of opinion on a thread that I already deleted. &nbsp; :laugh: &nbsp;:laugh: &nbsp;:laugh:
Ms. Nole: I don't recall calling you any names in the Mod's Forum. I criticized your actions. That's not name calling. Additionally, I think you need to be reminded that what goes on in the Mod's Forum stays in the Mod's Forum.

You'd be hard-pressed to find where I have name-called on the boards. I leave that practice to younger crowd that seems to have taken over, and greatly drug down these forums.
I remember exactly what you called me and it's not going to be repeated here. And you got 3rd hand information from a certain party that also won't be mentioned on top of everything.

This is the Florida State Forum. We are trying to talk FOOTBALL here, not to smack me but you and your fellow Terps, Lucy, etc., just won't let go. If you insist on smacking me there is already a thread started with my name on it - fire away. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And PS to Lucy... no it's NOT just a premium site although the article I got was. Ya'll need to run along now and stop looking for trouble or trouble you will find you real fast... :D
12-28-2002 09:07 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

this is me

[Image: america0057.jpg]

I was sent here by my superiors to discredit MsNole... :rolleyes:

<!--EDIT|DamascusTerp2|Dec 28 2002, 09:26 PM-->
12-28-2002 09:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.