Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

@ miami
tarheelsben1
Unregistered

what is everyone thinking about this game? the only thing i have to say is, isnt it hard to believe that darius rice is only a junior, i mean the guy has been around forever!
12-31-2002 07:48 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hoops13
Unregistered

I see this game as a must win. Miami isn't really a tough foe, but every game is important now. This may be the easiest opponent we face for the rest of the year.

<!--EDIT|hoops13|Dec 31 2002, 07:41 PM-->
12-31-2002 06:07 PM
hoops13
Unregistered

The game is tonight, get pumped! :eek: :saber:
01-04-2003 12:26 PM
techfan4
Unregistered

UNC > Miami

My .02 worth :D
01-04-2003 12:34 PM
JD Heel
Unregistered

hoops13 Wrote:This may be the easiest opponent we face for the rest of the year.
I would say that A&T will be. But this will probably fall in right after that. Considering that I'm extremely worried about this game, that's saying a lot about the rest of our schedule....

-JD
01-04-2003 01:58 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

The X factor will be how Jawad can contain Darius Rice. Take that FWIW...

I'm predicting a 10 point win for UNC. Miami is a decent team, but UNC will want this.
01-04-2003 02:40 PM
Coach Doh
Unregistered

Carolina scored 3 points in the last 15 minutes, two in regulation and only one in overtime,
UNC only shot 31% for the game. Jawad Williams was 3-17, McCants was 5-15, and Felton was 5-14

What's going on? Can anyone give me any reasonable explanation. I could take myself and 4 kids from Sunday School and shoot that well and I'm not trying to start any sh*t. What's going on?

-doh 03-confused

Go Duke
01-05-2003 09:37 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

McCants has some kind of splint on the thumb of his shooting hand. I'm sure that isn't helping his shooting....

Jawad and Felton -- I have no clue.

-JD
01-05-2003 11:03 AM
hoops13
Unregistered

We knew it was going to be tough without Sean, but when the losses start coming rolling in it hurts. We are now 1-2 without Sean with losses to Iona and Miami. What really bothers me is the execution on the court. The players look like they are trying to run some type of offense, but they can't seem to execute it correctly and/or it isn't working worth a $hit. I wish Matt would coach in practice, and during the games just let the guys play. The talent is there, but as long as he is calling a play every possesion, we aren't going to win games.

What disappoints me most was the coaching staff's strategy down the stretch. Have they not figured out that our players do not thrive in a stall offense!?!?!!? Numerous times this year we have gotten a double-digit lead and Matt calls for a stall. WE MUST ATTACK THE BASKET EVERY PLAY OF THE GAME IF WE ARE GOING TO WIN GAMES.

At the end of regulation the coaching staff made a crucial mistake. We were ahead by 3 points and Miami had the last possesion of the 2nd half. Coming out of the timeout, Matt should have told our guys to foul. The main point is that we should never even allowed them to shoot a 3 pointer. WE SHOULD HAVE FOULED. Then Miami would have had to go to the line for two shots. Let's say they make both shots; we get possession, and give the ball to McCants to seal it at the free throw line. Worst case scenario; they hit one free throw and rebound the second, only down by 2 points. However, they still have to score again. The bottom line was poor coaching and strategy down the stretch cost us the game.
01-05-2003 12:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.