Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State
hoops13
Unregistered

State on Tuesday at the Dean Dome. After the Maryland debacle, I have no idea what to expect. We cannot have a meltdown where the team just gives up for the rest of the season. We must come out and beat State. I really have no idea what to expect; anything and everything is possible with this team. But I will always say: Go Heels!
02-23-2003 01:19 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Bomber
Unregistered

One game. It's over.

GO HEELS!

<!--EDIT|The Bomber|Feb 23 2003, 01:50 PM-->
02-23-2003 01:44 PM
JD Heel
Unregistered

I'm not guaranteeing victory or anything, but you will not see anything like the Maryland debacle on Tuesday. If we lose, it will be close. These guys will come out with something to prove, and looking to finally lay one on another Big Four team (only Johnson and Holmes have beaten another Big Four team in their careers). And we are at home, which apparently makes a huge difference to these guys.

-JD
02-23-2003 07:00 PM
Advertisement

The Bomber
Unregistered

We're an up and down team. We're definitely due for a few "ups".
02-23-2003 08:08 PM
JD Heel
Unregistered

Biggest game of the season tonight. As I've alluded to before, it's been just about two years to the day since we beat another Big Four team (I believe it was State in 2001). This would be a long time coming, and boy would it feel good....

GO HEELS!!!

-JD
02-25-2003 10:02 AM
Advertisement

tarheelsben1
Unregistered

looks like OT baby! following the game on espn, game update is very annoying! :rolleyes:
02-25-2003 11:02 PM
All Hail the Light Blue F Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

75-67 State wins. This one hurts. It was there for the taking tonight.

Well at 14-13 and 4-9 we are a full game behind UVa in the race to get out of the play in game. :crying: I know there is still hope for us. Question is...do our guys think there is anything left to play for after dropping another close one?
02-25-2003 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rickheel
Unregistered

taken from another post...

why no timeouts called again???!!!

why no pressing when state doesn't have a true point???!!!

why wasn't melvin in the last two minutes???!!! and in overtime???!!!

why was sanders on the floor when the team needed offense in the last two minutes and in overtime???!!!

why let the best player tie the game without a double team????!!!

why all the three pointers when u are only down by three and with plenty of time left???!!!

and most importantly what was manuel doing shooting for the game winning shot????!!!

:bang:
02-26-2003 06:56 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

Gotta agree with Rick -- definitely some questionable coaching calls down the stretch. I'm much more likely to pin this on Doherty than something like the Maryland game.

But free throws... gosh.

What can we do but try to rebound against Tech? This season isn't going as planned, but we can still end it on a good note. The NIT would be a good experience for this crew, but we need to make it there.

-JD
02-26-2003 08:02 AM
Advertisement

rickheel
Unregistered

Free throws are missed because you dont practice them. Anyone who shoots a basketball can tell you it is the easiest shot to hit. IT NEVER CHANGES. :bang: I am willing to give Doh one more year with complete support. He needs to do two things IMHO. Improve GREATLY his in game coaching. Get rid of the freakin note cards and think. React to what you see. I dont know how many of you saw him when he played. I remember saying he would be a coach one day. He was a smart ball player. He reacted to situations well. He needs to do that now. See the game and react. The hell with the Cliff notes.
Get a big man.
I dont want this team to go to the Les Robinson Invitational. They have not earned the right. IMHO. Sure it would be good exposure, but they need to feel the sting of the losses. Whatever does not kill you..............
02-26-2003 10:19 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

I agree about Doherty -- at times, he shows so much promise. And then there are times he looks clueless, and I don't understand it. I think he is above that, but he questions himself and this team.

And maybe the freshmen need "the sting of the losses," but Jawad and Co. went through that last year. Our season shouldn't end with an ACC tourney loss -- that's all I know. I don't think it should end with the NIT either, but I think this team needs to end this season with something to build on.

-JD
02-26-2003 11:18 AM
rickheel
Unregistered

I agree Jawad deserves better, as does Jackie. NOBODY gives it more than he.
02-26-2003 11:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.