Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Duke is a one sport school
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

<a href='http://bbs.thedevilsden.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6356' target='_blank'>yeeeeaaaahhhh.........</a>
05-18-2003 11:56 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I think Slimshadee makes a good point. 03-wink Do you think we would be expanding if it weren't for the two sports that count?
05-18-2003 12:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

just say no roy Wrote:I think Slimshadee makes a good point. 03-wink Do you think we would be expanding if it weren't for the two sports that count?
We're really only expanding for one sport.
05-18-2003 01:47 PM
just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:
just say no roy Wrote:I think Slimshadee makes a good point. &nbsp;03-wink Do you think we would be expanding if it weren't for the two sports that count?
We're really only expanding for one sport.
I would agree with that.(football).How do you think this will benefit Duke and Carolina?Personaly i don't think it will.Fact is it may water down the rivalry it took us 50 years to build. :frown:
05-18-2003 02:32 PM
techfan4
Unregistered

Quote:Duke is a one sport school

Nate..you hit it RIGHT on the money! 04-bow 03-wink
05-18-2003 02:37 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

[quote="just say no roy"][quote="nate jonesacc"][quote="just say no roy"]I think Slimshadee makes a good point.
05-18-2003 05:25 PM
Advertisement

DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

seeing that Duke's Atletic Department lost over $4 million last year...I think this will benefit them just the same...

and please explain how maryland is a worse athletic school than Duke?
05-18-2003 06:56 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:seeing that Duke's Atletic Department lost over $4 million last year...I think this will benefit them just the same...

and please explain how maryland is a worse athletic school than Duke?
Sears cup... Duke has been #1, #2 or #3 in the ACC in the Sears cup every year the past 6 years... maybe 5, IIRC.

Of course Duke's athletic dept lost money... a large amount of universities lose money each year due to athletics... men's basketball and football are really the only money makers of ANY school, and yes, Duke football does make a profit.
05-18-2003 07:10 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

And you never know what this will do to the UNC-Duke rivalry...

Since you don't have any rivals... except UMBC... you wouldn't understand.
05-18-2003 07:11 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

nate jonesacc Wrote:and yes, Duke football does make a profit.
proof?
05-18-2003 07:32 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

nate jonesacc Wrote:And you never know what this will do to the UNC-Duke rivalry...

this will do nothing to the rivalry..the teams will still play the same amount of games that they do now...and what does have to do with anything?
05-18-2003 07:33 PM
Advertisement

DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

nate jonesacc Wrote:Sears cup... Duke has been #1, #2 or #3 in the ACC in the Sears cup every year the past 6 years... maybe 5, IIRC.
check the latest sears cup rankings...at the moment, Duke is a worse athletic school than Maryland, by your "duhon led the nation in assists" logic...

:wave:
05-18-2003 07:36 PM
just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:And you never know what this will do to the UNC-Duke rivalry...

this will do nothing to the rivalry..the teams will still play the same amount of games that they do now...and what does have to do with anything?
This doesn't surprise me coming from a terpy fan.I mean being in love with expansion thing and all.Mary Land :D Hasn't won a conference tournament in when?Hell i can't even remember and im a old fart. :eek: Maybe with expansion the terpys can finally win a conf... tourn...or not!
05-18-2003 08:14 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

ok..so instead of insulting me and the Terps, tell me how it will affect the rivalry smart guy...

you failed to do so in that post above...
05-18-2003 08:17 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:

It's easy to say that... adding an entire new dimension to the league will do far more to the league than you think... the fact that the Duke-UNC rivalry will be in jeopardy is one of both Moeser and Keohane's main concerns with expansion.

Like I said, you have no rivals, so you wouldn't understand.
05-18-2003 08:46 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:Sears cup... Duke has been #1, #2 or #3 in the ACC in the Sears cup every year the past 6 years... maybe 5, IIRC.
check the latest sears cup rankings...at the moment, Duke is a worse athletic school than Maryland, by your "duhon led the nation in assists" logic...

:wave:
wtf are you talking about? If you are basing your ENTIRE athletic dept. on the same thing I was just basing Duhon on... be my guest... but if you're trying to compare your athletic dept. to Chris Duhon... LMFAO! That just shows how bad you really are...
05-18-2003 08:48 PM
Advertisement

DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

so I ask again...HOW WILL IT AFFECT THE RIVALRY?

answer tha *** **** question!!!!!!
my guess is you have no answer and you are just agrueing for the sake of argueing...

and what does maryland not having a "true" rival matter...I know what rivalries are...I understand them more than you do little boy...go ahead..try me...

<!--EDIT|DamascusTerp2|May 18 2003, 09:19 PM-->
05-18-2003 09:05 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

if you wanna believe that Duke is better sports school than maryland, go ahead, be my guest...I ain't gonna argue about it...

one thing though...who has more national championships? :wave:

<!--EDIT|DamascusTerp2|May 18 2003, 09:13 PM-->
05-18-2003 09:07 PM
just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:ok..so instead of insulting me and the Terps, tell me how it will affect the rivalry smart guy...

you failed to do so in that post above...
Maryland has less at stake from the expansion in fact stands to gain from it instead.If theirs any chance of expansion coming between Duke and UNC home and home rivalry it will hurt the conf...Now you don't have to be a smart guy to figure that out.Thus my point was that Maryland fans can't understand this fact.Any questions? :D
05-18-2003 09:13 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

again..you avoid the question...

try this...without mentioning MARYLAND...how does this affect the UNC-Duke rivalry...

what does maryland have to do with that rivalry....NOTHING!!!!

why can no one answer this question?

<!--EDIT|DamascusTerp2|May 18 2003, 09:21 PM-->
05-18-2003 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.