Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Harper Commits to Clemson!
tigersEATchicken Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Cullen Harper Harper Commits to Clemson!

By Staff Report

Cullen Harper, one of the top quarterbacks in the state of Georgia this year, has commited to play football for Clemson University. The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder completed 64-percent of his passes for over a 1,000 yards, 16 touchdowns, and only three interceptions last year.

** Rated as a 3 star for those of you who actually follow the idiotic star system.
** His father is an ex-UGA Bulldog.
07-17-2003 08:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

1st and Goal Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

tigersEATchicken Wrote:** Rated as a 3 star for those of you who actually follow the idiotic star system.
Why is it idiotic?
07-30-2003 07:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigersEATchicken Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Well, let me start off by saying I find the whole recruiting rankings thing funny.

I think filling your needs at various positions is much more important.

But the star system is based on rating high school athletes before they ever play a down of division 1 college football. Those of you who subscribe to the various recruiting services know that many of these "experts" who rate players never actually see them play in person (and many times do not even see film of them playing!).

Recruiting rankings are for the fans ... it's a business. If you ask coaches, ranking recruiting classes should be done when those signees are seniors. Then, we'll know how good they really have been/are.
07-30-2003 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SamuraiTater Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

tigersEATchicken Wrote:If you ask coaches, ranking recruiting classes should be done when those signees are seniors. Then, we'll know how good they really have been/are.
Yeah, but old news ain't marketable. Would you really be interested in seeing how the class of seniors we have on our roster ranks against everyone else's ? It's moot. For example, there isn't a senior corner in the conference that could hold sophomore Justin Miller's jockstrap.
08-06-2003 07:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.