Thread Closed 
locking posts and MODs once again overusing their power
Bookmark and Share
FUT Offline
Banned

I Root For: clarity
locking posts and MODs once again overusing their power
http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/memphis/ph...975#509975

I was mentioned by name in the locked thread. That was / is not a Tiger or Sports related thread yet it was / is on the main board. Explain to me again how I was the bad guy here? Oh thats right, I disagreed with you.

[Image: locking_posts.jpg]
04-17-2006 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

FUT Offline
Banned

I also appreciate HLT taking his shots at me before he locked it. Those are the folks we want running this place (sarcasm)
04-17-2006 08:45 AM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality

Although i do not in anyway agree with the actions aforementioned in your post, I do agree with the fact that I saw no wrong in what was said.
you didnt bash anyone or anything, yes it may have been a bit uncalled for, but was your opinion and no rules were broken. I just now got a chance to read it yet I cannot reply.
04-17-2006 08:50 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness

;-)

The more devout Christians were promoting their religion.

You cracked a joke. They do not like that.

I actually think the movie Goodfellas was the greatest story ever told, but if others think some sections of the bible are better stories than Goodfellas, I will not make an effort to impose my views. Boogie Nights...that was a great story too. And oh man, the film version of Friday Night Lights. Tears to my eyes.

Hopefully they will do the same.

You cannot battle red state logic with real logic.
04-17-2006 08:50 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

I fully understand why EIG was upset over the post and also what HLT was attempting to do in closing comments, however I too think that the thread shouldn't have been locked up in the manner that it was.

To me, there is irony in the manner in which it was locked because it was the perfect situation to show why Jesus rose, what he means to those that accept him has saviour and what he's done in folks lives.

The fact that it's NTR just makes the situation more difficult to deal with.
04-17-2006 08:56 AM
FUT Offline
Banned

the ONLY person that was attacked in the thread was me. Those are the facts. I cannot wait to hear how this gets spun by the powers that be.
04-17-2006 08:58 AM
Advertisement

Joe_Tiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

FUT Wrote:the ONLY person that was attacked in the thread was me. Those are the facts. I cannot wait to hear how this gets spun by the powers that be.

I think it is an abuse of power. Whether they agreed with you or not it didn't reach the status of being a locked thread, particularly getting a personal shot in at you before it was done. Unprofessional IMO.
04-17-2006 09:01 AM
MemphisMike Offline
Just trying to keep you informed

I don't understand exactly why you were pointed out in the thread. I'm sure that Eagle had his reasons but I don't know them and he probably shouldn't have mentioned anyone specifically.

Your response, while I understood the reason for it, was totally out of line for what was said.

I think the message that was the real intended reason for the post, an Easter message, did belong on this board because of the message it was giving.

I don't believe the "red state logic" comment is appropriate or fair either. I think HLT was locking the thread to try to keep things from getting away from the message which they already were.
04-17-2006 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
UMTigerfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

i would argue that getting upset about "locked threads" and "mods" is pretty silly in the grand scheme of things. who cares?

get out a little more.
04-17-2006 09:07 AM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality

UMTigerfan Wrote:i would argue that getting upset about "locked threads" and "mods" is pretty silly in the grand scheme of things. who cares?

get out a little more.

I think replying to a post and telling them to get out a lil more is is "pretty silly"...obvious it concerne you or you wouldnt post anything
04-17-2006 09:09 AM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Joe_Tiger Wrote:Whether they agreed with you or not it didn't reach the status of being a locked thread, particularly getting a personal shot in at you before it was done. Unprofessional IMO.

Is anybody realy surprised? Thats' the HLT's m.o..
04-17-2006 09:11 AM
Advertisement

FUT Offline
Banned

UMTigerfan Wrote:i would argue that getting upset about "locked threads" and "mods" is pretty silly in the grand scheme of things. who cares?

get out a little more.

I do. I was out of town all weekend and would have never found this thread if not told about it. Wait till you disagree with them. You will be PMing me to represent you in the court of the public message board when they try and ruin your good name.
04-17-2006 09:12 AM
FUT Offline
Banned

idroot4russia Wrote:
Joe_Tiger Wrote:Whether they agreed with you or not it didn't reach the status of being a locked thread, particularly getting a personal shot in at you before it was done. Unprofessional IMO.

Is anybody realy surprised? Thats' the HLT's m.o..

for the record I did not say that...................this time. I mentioned this would happen (to much abuse) way back when he was named a MOD. I was told I was wrong and to stay out of his way and he would stay out of mine. Guess I was right.
04-17-2006 09:13 AM
tigers1985 Offline
Spectacular

I Root For: Tigers
DonatorsDonators

Just forgive the sinner known as FUT and move on. Additional prayers and maybe an exorcism is also in order.

Maybe he could be abducted and taken for deprogramming away from the cult of secularism. It might also be helpful if he could be held in one of those places that turns homosexuals into "normal people." Allah Akbar!!
04-17-2006 09:14 AM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

FUT Wrote:That's the thing about FUT, man. He doesn't care. He doesn't respect anything and he doesn't respect anyone. He says whatever he wants on this board because he knows that there are absolutely no reprocussions. And all he'll do in response to you calling him out...just make fun of us even more. He's a sad human being who is incapable of ANY respect for ANYBODY.

HLT is the biggest hypocrite on the board. It's okay to make light of cancer.

Make a comment about religion and he turns into a 6bc mod wannabe.
04-17-2006 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
FUT Offline
Banned

tigers1985 Wrote:Just forgive the sinner known as FUT an move on. Additional prayers and maybe an exorcism is also be in order.

Maybe he could be abducted and taken for deprogramming away from the cult of secularism. It might also be helpful if he could be held in one of those places that turns homosexuals into "normal people." Allah Akbar!!

so they can make me straight? My mom is going to be SO excited.
04-17-2006 09:15 AM
Advertisement

JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

Although I am not an atheist, nor do I disparage those who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, I can see where FUT is coming from. FUT was called out in the thread at the very beginning. When FUT began to participate in the thread, it was closed. I don't believe that is fair.
04-17-2006 09:16 AM
UMTigerfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

FUT Wrote:

get out a little more.

I do. I was out of town all weekend and would have never found this thread if not told about it. Wait till you disagree with them. You will be PMing me to represent you in the court of the public message board when they try and ruin your good name.

sorry, but no. i am on here to get info about/discuss the Tigers. i do not get any personal fulfillment and/or experience stress or loss of sleep from an internet message board.

to each his own.
04-17-2006 09:16 AM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

UMTigerfan Wrote:i do not get any personal fulfillment and/or experience stress or loss of sleep from an internet message board.

Well, obviously you are not normal and you have serious problems.
04-17-2006 09:19 AM
tigertommy Offline
Uber Butthead!

You have to remember to not mess with JC. Funny thing is their bible thumping only helps to prove Marx's quote.
04-17-2006 09:20 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.