Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UMD vs. Tech
Bookmark and Share
GTarmchairQB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Sorry Maryland. You are running into a buzzsaw. PJ and Freddie are on a roll....and don't forget about Reggie-Ball. This will be a close game but we will send Fat Fridge back to College Park with a loss. :wave:
10-12-2003 08:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

metro6775 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

At least this time, Joe Burns will not run out of bounds!
10-12-2003 09:51 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

The death bell rings for Maryland *if*: Vegas makes GT an underdog.
10-13-2003 12:37 PM
Quote this message in a reply
BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Maryland's got this game! Sorry normally I root for Tech but only when they're not playing Maryland. Remember one thing Clemson kiled tech and UMD Killed Clemson! Maryland's got this!
10-13-2003 11:58 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

You guys are nuts. You dont stand a chance.
10-14-2003 07:28 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

BLAKESGIRL Wrote:Remember one thing Clemson kiled tech and UMD Killed Clemson! Maryland's got this!
The transitive rule does NOT apply in college football.

Georgia Tech, when they play to their ability (unlike the Clemson game), is a damn good team.

They sure looked alot better handing FSU their arse for 52 minutes than Maryland looked the entire game vs. FSU.
10-16-2003 06:56 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:You guys are nuts. You dont stand a chance.
Do I smell avatar bet??

Since you're so confident, you'd be easily willing to bet me ATS as well, correct?

:wave:
10-16-2003 06:57 PM
metro6775 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Clemson slaughtered Tech and Tech beat NC State handily so Clemson will double-slaughter NC State.........Wrong Clemson just lost to NC State 17 - 15.
10-16-2003 10:09 PM
JoltinJacket
Unregistered

I still like our chances in this one, but look for it to be a low scoring struggle.

MD is #2 in the ACC in pts allowed and yards allowed.
Tech is #3 in in pts allowed and #4 in yards allowed.

Look for a 16-10 type score.
10-17-2003 03:56 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

where does the best tailgating happen around TECH? I have heard the parking lot behind the Varsity is a good spot...yes...no?
10-17-2003 04:15 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:where does the best tailgating happen around TECH? I have heard the parking lot behind the Varsity is a good spot...yes...no?
All around.

Some around the RV park area. Some at the back of the pay parking lot at the YMCA... just a 2 block walk from the stadium... some a block from the Computer Science building... there's tailgating EVERYWHERE.

Behind the Varsity is a fair walk to the football stadium. You can find better.
10-17-2003 04:19 PM
Advertisement

DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:Behind the Varsity is a fair walk to the football stadium. You can find better.
fair walk???

dude, it's like 4 blocks max...
10-18-2003 09:15 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

varsity will be packed... you can find better much closer. Just stick with the Varsity, it's obviously what you're familiar with.
10-18-2003 11:22 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

problem is, I do not have a permit, and I want to start tailgating around noon, that just about eliminates everything on campus, correct?

And "packed" = good tailgating, the more the merrier!!
10-20-2003 11:36 AM
Lucy
Unregistered

The Varsity is not going to let you sit there for 7 hours before the game tailgating. :eek:

Most of the lots on campus are permit lots for students/faculty during the day. Most likely they will switch over to athletic pass parking after 4:00. You could always try parking along Fowler Street down from the ThrillerDome/next to Russ Chandler & tailgate on the sidewalk beside your car.

We'll be chowing some JR Crickets wings & some brews in the ThrillerDome parking lot, but we won't get there till after work, so we'll be chowing quickly...
10-20-2003 12:08 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

Lucy Wrote:The Varsity is not going to let you sit there for 7 hours before the game tailgating.  :eek:
the day that Tech played Auburn, there were people in that lot more than four hours before kick-off, we'll see...

question..this FOWLER ST that you speak of...is it like metered parking or something, and is it like right in the heart of campus? Tell me more...

That could be something...6 red-clad drunk terps taunting the TECHSTERS (and stealing their coed's) as they go to and from class :laugh:
10-20-2003 08:31 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

The only thing the Terps will be stealing is a big L ... and they can have it.
10-20-2003 09:03 PM
Lucy
Unregistered

[quote="DamascusTerp2"] [quote="Lucy"] The Varsity is not going to let you sit there for 7 hours before the game tailgating.
10-20-2003 09:33 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

Lucy..GREAT MAP! Thanks for the info, looks like Fowler Street might be the destination...hopefully no one gives us any trouble for setting up so early...any of you canary blazers think that could happen???
10-20-2003 10:44 PM
Lucy
Unregistered

I don't know how things work for mid-week games. I'm serious about Dave Braine having tailgate police. Notices went out to AT Fund members the past 2 seasons about "no tailgates are to begin sooner than 3 hours before gametime", "no kegs", and other such nonsense. So far, my brother's crew has not been cited...03-wink
10-20-2003 11:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.