I Root For:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
10-12-2003 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FSU Dude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Not much more happening on the UG board either, so I guess it's nap time over there also.

P.S. Sorry about the loose of of you beloved friend UGI! :frown:
10-13-2003 06:15 AM
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Seems to always been quiet at the UGA board Dude. This board really needs to be called the FSU-GTBBS.

Thanks for the kind words about Magnum.
10-13-2003 07:17 AM
FSU Dude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I am going to make a statement that will most likely make a few people upset, but here goes. The folks that vote in the polls, both Coaches and AP, seem to show favoritism to FSU. If not can someone please tell me why we only fell 2 spots in both polls, while others fell quite a bit farther. Take OSU for instance, from 2nd to 8th in both.
This seems to be a trend year in year out when we are highly ranked and then loose a game. Is it because the voters want to see FSU up there for the purpose of the BCS?
Just my thoughts. 04-drinky

P.S UGI, I'm not sure you remember me, but I spoke with you quite a few times last football season. I had a different name at the time and could not remember it this year so I had to re-register. Hope you are enjoying the season as much as I am, though a little disappointed right now! 03-razz
10-13-2003 02:41 PM
Advertisement

YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I agree with your post Dude. The fact that FSU lost to Miami has something to do with it but their strong play in their previous games can be attibuted to their weak schedule and should have had little to do with their current rankings. I too was surprised that FSU only dropped two spots as were several FSU friends of mine. I think it's the whole FSU/Bowden stigma thing has gained a lot of respect in the NCAA over the years.

UGA lost to an undefeated top 10 team a few weeks ago and dropped 5 spots in both polls. Now LSU wasn't ranked #2 but the 5 spot drop was actually less than I thought it would be because UGA doesn't garner the same respect in the polls as teams like FSU does. Shouldn't have a darn thing to do with it, but it is painfully obvious that it does.

I think the pollsters figure FSU will win the ACC (BCS conference) again and may do with a record that is not comensurate with a BCS bowl bound team (ie: last years FSU team) so they figure to keep them closer this year so the BCS isn't embarrassed again.
10-13-2003 02:59 PM
FSU Dude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I don't believe our record will be as abysmal as the last 2 years, though I see you have predicted a 9-3 or 8-4 season for us. My prediction is we will win out or be 10-2. The second lose coming at the hands of NC State because of David Rivers.
10-13-2003 03:23 PM
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

This is unprecedented. An FSU fan actually talking football with a fan of another team on the FSU board. Not real sure who you were in your last life here FSUDude, but it's good to have you back.

Now, back to football. After seeing the Noles play since my record prediction post, I too would retract some of that post. I still think you may lose to ND or UF (maybe both) and probably finish the year 10-2 or 9-3. And once again FSU will win the ACC and end up bowling at the BCS.
10-13-2003 05:12 PM
Advertisement

Paul
Unregistered

Actually...

Losing to #2 does have a great deal to do with it.

The same reason why, In the BCS formula, there
is a category named..."Strength of Schedule"

FSU can't control how our OOC teams have played,
but FSU did have the strength to schedule them...

Rather than M. Tenn, La-Monroe, Lafayette, and the
other stiffs.

Probably why Maryland...which has won 5 straight
and is a good football team...is having a tough time
gaining deserved respect.
10-14-2003 04:42 AM
Quote this message in a reply
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

FSU plays one tough game and all of a sudden their schedule is tough. As of right now, based on the schedules already played, FSU's schedule strength is 15th (not bad). Prior to the UM game, their schedule strength was 49th (lousy, weak ACC crap) so don't talk about schedule strength after one tough game.

FSU dropped only 2 in the polls for the most part because the BCS knows they are going to win the weak ACC and they don't want an embarassing situation like they had last year. 14th ranked in a major BCS bowl.
10-14-2003 06:40 AM
FSU Dude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Actually UGI, the following link shows FSU's SOS as #1 for the week of 10-12-03.

<a href='http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current_congrove_rankings.html' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/current...e_rankings.html</a> :wave:
10-14-2003 12:13 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

ACC Strength of Schedule:
Florida State - 1
Georgia Tech - 3
North Carolina - 11
Wake Forest - 14
Virginia - 31
NC State - 42
Clemson - 44
Duke - 48
Maryland - 65

For Fun:
Miami (FL) - 20
Boston College - 33
Virginia Tech - 63
10-14-2003 02:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
YouGeeAye Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I have no idea who Congrove is and how they figure their computer rankings, but my information came directly from Jeff Sagarin computer rankings which has a direct affect on the BCS rankings.

In comparison Swagger, here are the Sagarin rankings:

Florida State - 15
Georgia Tech - 4
North Carolina - 7
Wake Forest - 22
Virginia - 32
NC State - 43
Clemson - 29
Duke - 54
Maryland - 72

For Fun:
UGA: 5
Miami (FL) - 20
Boston College - 31
Virginia Tech - 108

Kind of wierd, but Congrove shows UGA's SOS to end last year as 31 but the BCS showed it as 5. I cant find any information on Congrove to show how they figure rankings, SOS or anything for that matter. Albeit, I didn't look that long.
10-14-2003 03:10 PM
FSU Dude Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

UGI, I'm not sure who Congrove is either. I just happened to find it by mistake one day.. So with all the polls and rankings that are floating around out there it is hard to determine which one to believe. I actually found it through <a href='http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/weekly_picks.html' target='_blank'>http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/weekly_picks.html</a>.
10-15-2003 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.