Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Day in the life of a Techie Football Player
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Got to love this

""A day in the Life of a Georgia Tech Football Player"

Jan. 3, 2004

5:00 a.m. -- I woke up at the team hotel -- The Boise Motel 6. I asked Reggie Ball, "Why are we waking up so early?" Reggie replied, "Bro, the Humanitarian Bowl kicks off at 9:30 a.m. local time. We gotta get a move on." Reggie can tell time AND read the schedule, that's why he's the QB!

5:15 a.m. -- We settle in for the Humanitarian Bowl Official Pre-Game Breakfast. Donuts and french fries. The donuts were from the day before that the Potato Convention guys didn't eat . The locals say it was the "Mashed Potato Convention" and not the "Baked Potato Convention." Apparently, the Mashed Potato guys are much wilder and crazier when they are in town than their rival Baked Potato counterparts. You learn a lot at this bowl!

5:45 a.m. -- We board the team bus. "Holy Crap! It's cold as hell here!" Reggie informed me that the temperature is 15 degrees, and the wind chill is 5 degrees. Reggie can read thermostats 10 times as good as Suggs. That's why he's the QB!

5:50 a.m. -- The stadium was on the opposite end of town from the hotel. On the 5 minute drive over, we saw 32 elk, 44 buffalo and 2 reindeer. Reggie says that the reindeer on the left was Donner. Kick ***. I love Santa!

6:00 a.m. -- We enter the locker room to get dressed. Reggie says that the turf is blue to match the ocean nearby. Reggie can read maps better than the rest of us. That's why he's the QB! (And he's only a Freshman. Can you beelieve it!)

6:57 a.m. -- My pads are almost on. I'm so proud of myself. This year, I didn't even need the help of the trainers to put on my helmet. Fifth year seniors RULE!

7:00 a.m. -- We head out for pre-game warm-ups. "Man, it's cold as hell here!"

7:01 a.m. -- It's started snowing. I recognize snow because I'm from New Jersey, but this is a lot of the white stuff. Jonathan Smith is totally freaking out because he's never seen snow down in Clinch County. The GT on my helmet is already hidden from the snow piling up. But that's OK because Reggie is our QB, and I'm feeling JACKET!!!

7:05 a.m. -- During jumping jacks, I lean over and ask Reggie, "Why are we playing Tulsa way out here in the cold?" He replied, "Because the refs robbed us in the BYU and Duke games." Good point. SEC Refs are always trying to screw us!!

8:00 a.m. -- We head inside for some hot cocoa. Coach Chan says that if we work really hard and play our rear ends off, we can have marshmallows in our hot cocoa at half time. Does that man know how to motivate or what! I'm giving it my all for the Jackets today.

8:57 a.m. -- Coach Chan has finished his pep talk about marshmallows and how great he was when he was coaching the Cowboys but Aikman was a puss and ruined his NFL career. I don't know how it all fit together b/c I got lost, but the marshmallow part sounded AWESOME!

9:10 a.m. -- We run out of the tunnel in front of 8,000 of the loudest Eskimos you've ever seen! Nobody rocks like they rock in Boise! It was louder than 1/2 of the ACC stadiums we've been to. I bet if they had taken off their gloves their clapping would have been 10 times as loud, but Reggie says that "Cold Bite could set in and eat their fingers off." Reggie is so smart for a freshman. All that weather man stuff is just way over my head. Beesides, Astrology wasn't my best subject so I'm a management major.

9:30 a.m. -- We kick off to Tulsa. These guys look pissed. But I don't care b/c I'm a TECH MAN and I BEELIEVE.

9:31 a.m. -- Tulsa just scored. But that's ok b/c we have Reggie Ball and he's a warrior!

9:32 a.m. -- Tulsa just returned a Reggie Ball INT for a TD. Ouch. Reggie threw it really good, but Smith slipped on a puddle of ice. Oh well, Reggie says we're still 4 TDs better than these guys, and NOBODY is standing in the
way of my marshmallows.

9:34 a.m. -- 21-0. We are in big trouble. Hopefully this isn't televised. Reggie says not to worry, that Bravo is carrying the game in black and white to save money so our parents won't even know that we're losing. I don't know what he means, but he is such a leader!

11:00 a.m. -- Halftime it's 35-0. No marshmallows. Coach Chan is super duper mad. But he thinks we can turn it around in the 2nd half like we did against Clemson. Good point.

12:30 p.m. -- Final Score 54-0. Turns out these Tulsa guys were pretty good. Man, it's a good thing we didn't have to play Boise State. It would have been really bad. That's ok b/c Reggie predicted after the game that we wouldn't lose another one this year. AND I BEELIEVE HIM!

1:30 p.m. -- We board the Greyhound bus back to Atlanta. Too bad we can't fly back, but the loser of this game doesn't get as much money as the winner. This sucks but I beelieve in the future! "
12-11-2003 04:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
12-11-2003 05:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MsNole
Unregistered

A man went to the doctor one day with a strange ailment. "Doc" he said, Everytime I pass gas it sounds like GO DAWGS". The doctor didn't believe him so the man dropped his britches, bent over and demonstrated. Sure enough, just as the man passed wind the doctor heard a distinct "GO DAWGS" from the mans posterior region. The doctor started laughing and the man started getting angry, then the doc said, " Don't worry none there son. I went up to the Georgia Dome last week to see LSU whup up on them dawgs and I heard 45,000 ******** all yelling the exact same thing!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
12-13-2003 08:45 AM
Quote this message in a reply
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

MsNole Wrote:A man went to the doctor one day with a strange ailment. "Doc" he said, Everytime I pass gas it sounds like GO DAWGS". The doctor didn't believe him so the man dropped his britches, bent over and demonstrated. Sure enough, just as the man passed wind the doctor heard a distinct "GO DAWGS" from the mans posterior region. The doctor started laughing and the man started getting angry, then the doc said, " Don't worry none there son. I went up to the Georgia Dome last week to see LSU whup up on them dawgs and I heard 45,000 ******** all yelling the exact same thing!"

Talk about a lame <insert college here> joke....
12-13-2003 05:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MsNole
Unregistered

SouthLink02 Wrote:Talk about a lame <insert college here> joke....
No more lame than your piece... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
12-13-2003 06:10 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

did you really take the time to write that all out???
12-14-2003 01:53 AM
Advertisement

JoltinJacket
Unregistered

MsNole Wrote:A man went to the doctor one day with a strange ailment. "Doc" he said, Everytime I pass gas it sounds like GO DAWGS". The doctor didn't believe him so the man dropped his britches, bent over and demonstrated. Sure enough, just as the man passed wind the doctor heard a distinct "GO DAWGS" from the mans posterior region. The doctor started laughing and the man started getting angry, then the doc said, " Don't worry none there son. I went up to the Georgia Dome last week to see LSU whup up on them dawgs and I heard 45,000 ******** all yelling the exact same thing!"

:roflol:
12-14-2003 06:09 AM
TDMs Alias Name
Unregistered

04-bow :roflol:
12-14-2003 09:00 AM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

MsNole Wrote:
SouthLink02 Wrote:Talk about a lame <insert college here> joke....
No more lame than your piece... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
Wow...I can see you went to FSU.....guess the <insert team name> thing didnt stick.... :ownd:
12-14-2003 03:48 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

:roflol:
12-14-2003 06:36 PM
desigundah
Unregistered

SouthLink02 Wrote:9:10 a.m. -- We run out of the tunnel in front of 8,000 of the loudest Eskimos you've ever seen! Nobody rocks like they rock in Boise!
Ha, 8,000, I wonder whats higher, that or the total of tickets that UGA has sold for the game in Orlando. Maybe *** Laude w/ Honors Grad. David Greene can figure that one out. Is that why he's your QB? Or maybe its because hes hitting the guys from LSU right on the #s. Certainly looks like their D has better hands than UGA's offensive. BTW, know what Greene and Pollack were talking about when UGA lost by 40 to LSU in the SEC Championship game? "Hey Dave, you want some syrup w/ all those pancakes?" Wanna know how I heard? All 60,000 of those loyal puppies were either on I-85 or scratching their ******** trying to figure out if the # of pts LSU had (45) was really higher than what UGA had (6). As for Orlando, its only 500 miles away from Athens, nice weather, and you can drive to the game! UGA hasnt even sold 7,000 tickets! They promised the Outback Bowl that they would sell AT LEAST 15,000 and that the BARE MINIMUM would be 12,000, LOL! Purdue, which is a good 2,000 miles away from Orlando has already sold all 20,000 of their tickets and now they are going to take the tickets that UGA fans will not be using, "Because, uhh, I sappowrted the Dags last yur an we wen ta Erlendo 10 yers agoer". Hey Southlink, what are you doing this New Years?!?!?! Thats what I thought. Yeah, our football team is probably not even mediocre and our Head Coach is a far cry from Mark Richt, but atleast our football team is playing postseason ball, unlike your basketball team. Dont worry, Tech will sell out their entire alotment for tickets come NCAA bball tourney time no matter who they are playing. Btw, isnt Boise somewhere near WINTHROWUP? HAHAHAHAHAHA.
12-18-2003 06:15 AM
Advertisement

SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Quote:Ha, 8,000, I wonder whats higher, that or the total of tickets that UGA has sold for the game in Orlando.

I would go with the amount of UGA fans to be in the stadium. Why buy the ticket for face value when you can get it for half that outside?

Quote:Maybe *** Laude w/ Honors Grad. David Greene can figure that one out. Is that why he's your QB? Or maybe its because hes hitting the guys from LSU right on the #s.

Or the 2002 Offensive Player of the Year and 2nd team All SEC this year and 3-0 against the Techies? Come on...you can do better then that...

I stopped reading after that...when this idiot wants to have an argument at least bring some facts and/or opinions other then rambling on like a fool. Come on...we own you.
12-18-2003 09:36 PM
desigundah
Unregistered

SouthLink02 Wrote:
Quote:Ha, 8,000, I wonder whats higher, that or the total of tickets that UGA has sold for the game in Orlando.

I would go with the amount of UGA fans to be in the stadium. Why buy the ticket for face value when you can get it for half that outside?

Right. So UGA fans arent buying tickets because they will take the risk of driving 500 miles and scalping tickets. Sounds smart. Lets spend a couple hundred going down to Orlando but risk wasting all that to save $15. UGA fans are apparently masterminds at balancing their budget.

Quote:Maybe *** Laude w/ Honors Grad. David Greene can figure that one out. Is that why he's your QB? Or maybe its because hes hitting the guys from LSU right on the #s.

Or the 2002 Offensive Player of the Year and 2nd team All SEC this year and 3-0 against the Techies? Come on...you can do better then that... [/QUOTE]

The same 2002 "Offensive Player of the Year" had more INTs than TDs this year and had 2 TDs and 5 INTs against LSU. Thats extremely praisworthy.

I stopped reading after that...when this idiot wants to have an argument at least bring some facts and/or opinions other then rambling on like a fool. Come on...we own you.[/QUOTE]

You talk a shot at Ball's intelligence so I returned the favor by doing the same to Greene. Whats the matter Southlink, you can throw the stones but cant take it when someone stops and throws a rock back at you? Its ok for you to make fun of Ball, who won ACC Freshman of the year, but when I make of Greene I am all of a sudden an "idiot who rambles like a fool". You tell me to bring facts yet your support for UGA fans travelling well is that "they will buy tickets outside the stadium before hand". Its funny when you take a shot at Tech fans, but when I take a shot at UGA fans its pointless and factless. Right. Didnt you Sunday school teacher ever teach you the good old saying of "Do unto others what you want done unto yourself"? If your going to throw shots, man up and take them when you have whats coming to you.
[/quote]
HA
12-19-2003 12:17 AM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Quote:You talk a shot at Ball's intelligence so I returned the favor by doing the same to Greene. Whats the matter Southlink, you can throw the stones but cant take it when someone stops and throws a rock back at you? Its ok for you to make fun of Ball, who won ACC Freshman of the year, but when I make of Greene I am all of a sudden an "idiot who rambles like a fool". You tell me to bring facts yet your support for UGA fans travelling well is that "they will buy tickets outside the stadium before hand". Its funny when you take a shot at Tech fans, but when I take a shot at UGA fans its pointless and factless. Right. Didnt you Sunday school teacher ever teach you the good old saying of "Do unto others what you want done unto yourself"? If your going to throw shots, man up and take them when you have whats coming to you.

I am referring to your stupidity with the ticket issue. The hotels and tickets will be gone tomorrow with Dawgfans as many choose to just grab a ticket for half price instead of the full price tickets AND full-season ticket holders couldn
12-19-2003 12:32 AM
desigundah
Unregistered

SouthLink02 Wrote:You make fun of UGA....you lost to Duke. Here is an idea...win something then get back to me.

HAVE FUN IN BOISE!!!!!! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:
Typical ***** (no pun intended). You want to talk about all of your accolades but when it comes to discussing what Tech has done, your mum. Did you know Ball and Greene both had 10 TDs and 11 INTs? Bet you didnt. Thats a far cry from SEC POY.

I can swallow our football team sucking as long as our bball team continues to own. I am going to thoroughly enjoy the beating we will be putting on the dogs in a few weeks. The only thing I am afraid of is catching fleas (once again, no pun intended). You can have your Capital One bowls in Football and we'll take our top 5 ranking in Basketball.
12-19-2003 01:11 AM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

desigundah Wrote:
SouthLink02 Wrote:You make fun of UGA....you lost to Duke. Here is an idea...win something then get back to me.

HAVE FUN IN BOISE!!!!!!&nbsp; :roflol:&nbsp; :roflol:&nbsp; :roflol:&nbsp; :roflol:&nbsp; :roflol:
Typical ***** (no pun intended). You want to talk about all of your accolades but when it comes to discussing what Tech has done, your mum. Did you know Ball and Greene both had 10 TDs and 11 INTs? Bet you didnt. Thats a far cry from SEC POY.

I can swallow our football team sucking as long as our bball team continues to own. I am going to thoroughly enjoy the beating we will be putting on the dogs in a few weeks. The only thing I am afraid of is catching fleas (once again, no pun intended). You can have your Capital One bowls in Football and we'll take our top 5 ranking in Basketball.
Did you also know that comparing Greene to Ball may be the stupidest thing I have ever seen online? :ownd:
12-19-2003 01:13 AM
Advertisement

desigundah
Unregistered

[quote="SouthLink02"] [quote="desigundah"] [quote="SouthLink02"]

You make fun of UGA....you lost to Duke. Here is an idea...win something then get back to me.

HAVE FUN IN BOISE!!!!!!
12-19-2003 02:48 AM
SouthLink02 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

For the OL and competition that he faced, I would say so as well and you would add to your stupidity by trying to say Ball was better because of thise 1 stats. Let's see...passing yards? 2980 to 1980, QB rating? 124.3 to 104.2? Completion %? 59.1 to 52%...should I go on? Get real cupcake, come with me at saying better...
12-19-2003 09:35 AM
MsNole
Unregistered

[quote="SouthLink02"] I am referring to your stupidity with the ticket issue. The hotels and tickets will be gone tomorrow with Dawgfans as many choose to just grab a ticket for half price instead of the full price tickets AND full-season ticket holders couldn
12-19-2003 10:07 AM
desigundah
Unregistered

SouthLink02 Wrote:For the OL and competition that he faced, I would say so as well and you would add to your stupidity by trying to say Ball was better because of thise 1 stats. Let's see...passing yards? 2980 to 1980, QB rating? 124.3 to 104.2? Completion %? 59.1 to 52%...should I go on? Get real cupcake, come with me at saying better...
Lack of reading comprehension? Not ONCE did I say that Ball was better than Greene. I would hope that Greene is doing better than Ball, hes a good 3-4 years older, he has a much better supporting cast, and if he indeed a better QB he should blow Ball away. I dont have any stats to tell you that Ball is a better QB than Greene, but I find it hysterical that you talk trash about a Freshman QB who has the same # of TD's and INT's as your Heisman award canidate. Funny isnt it?
12-19-2003 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.