Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So, when is Wake Football
Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

planning on playing App State in football again?

Now that you guys are a national power, maybe your gutless AD and head coach will put us back on your schedule.
12-16-2003 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Lucy
Unregistered

I don't anticipate Wake playing any more Div. I-AA schools anytime in the foreseeable future. If your gutless AD & head coach would make the move to Div. I, then we could revisit the matchup. :wave:
12-16-2003 02:37 PM
Quote this message in a reply
boot camp boyz Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Weak Florist might need leave the ACC soon unless they want to go back to losing 10 games every year. the new ACC is not a safe place for cupcakes like WFU.
12-16-2003 03:22 PM
Lucy
Unregistered

boot camp boyz Wrote:Weak Florist might need leave the ACC soon unless they want to go back to losing 10 games every year. the new ACC is not a safe place for cupcakes like WFU.
Guess you forgot about that 45-17 butt-thrashing Wake put on Clemson. :rolleyes:

Remember: you were just one loss to SC away from hitting the head coaching search circuit...
12-16-2003 03:28 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Happy Appy,

Tell you what. Move up to I-A, then we'll talk. Deal?

My condolences on you not making the playoffs this year. It broke my heart. :crying:
12-16-2003 05:01 PM
Advertisement

Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I don't get the I-AA excuse. If Weak can manage one win every four years against us, you would be able to count it towards bowl eligibility. If you're that worried about it, only schedule us ONCE every four years! Why not? Was it getting embarassing losing almost every year? Were you tired of being the minority in your own stadium? Are you just... skeered?
12-17-2003 12:04 AM
Lucy
Unregistered

We have no problems scheduling Div. 1 teams which in turn improves our SOS. Why play App when we can play a service academy or a respected mid-major? :snore:

We're not your daddy's Wake Forest... 03-wink
12-17-2003 12:18 AM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Apphole,

Get out your media guide and check your all-time record versus Wake Forest, then tell me that we lost to you almost every year.

I'll give you that you guys have a very good I-AA program, probably top 5 in the country. You also take every non-qualifying piece of trash thrown your way, and take transfers who would rather drop a division and play right away than go to a real program and sit out a year. That accounts for your unusual abundance of athletes. We don't have those luxuries.

We are past the point of having to play schools like yours. We would much rather play East Carolina and get a real win, not an asterisk win. Or, if we lose, we have lost to a real program. Your school and football team are frauds. Sorry for being honest. Thanks for stopping by. Think you could get me a good deal on some moonshine, redneck?
12-17-2003 10:10 AM
Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Lucy Wrote:We have no problems scheduling Div. 1 teams which in turn improves our SOS. Why play App when we can play a service academy or a respected mid-major? :snore:
Unless you think you are going to compete for a spot in the BCS, SOS means nothing. You go to the bowl that corresponds with your finish in the ACC standings. So that argument is garbage.
12-17-2003 10:54 AM
Advertisement

Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Big Pimpin Deac Wrote:Get out your media guide and check your all-time record versus Wake Forest, then tell me that we lost to you almost every year.
Maybe not every year, just in 1975, 1983, 1989, 1991, 1995, 1998, and 2000. To your credit, you did manage to tie us in 1988.
12-17-2003 10:56 AM
Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Big Pimpin Deac Wrote:We are past the point of having to play schools like yours.
In your dreams.

NC State and Duke played WCU, UNC is scheduled to play William and Mary next year, LSU played Western Illinois, Kansas State played McNeese State, Hawaii played App, the list goes on and on.

I guess you guy moved on to a level higher than that of the Big 12 and SEC champions. 05-nono
12-17-2003 11:04 AM
Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Big Pimpin Deac Wrote:and take transfers who would rather drop a division and play right away than go to a real program and sit out a year.  That accounts for your unusual abundance of athletes.  We don't have those luxuries.
I guess you are right. Without former Air Force QB Eric Elsener, our one and only I-A transfer, playing secong string for our team, we wouldn't have an unusual abundance of athletes.

Try again.
12-17-2003 11:16 AM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Apphole,

That's pretty pitiful that it takes you four posts to make a comeback. I will start by saying that I love friendly discussion between fans of other schools. However, anytime a flaming idiot comes over to talk trash about my school and football team, I am sure as hell going to tell the truth about his.

Now, how about listing the years we won against your boys. Then, post the all-time record just so all the fine folks here can see it. If those other schools want to play those teams, that is their business. That does not concern me in the least. I was only speaking for my school. That is not your only I-A transfer. You try again. I also notice that you fail to address the non-qualifier issue. Gee, how odd.

I have a couple of questions for you, Mountain Man:

1) Who do you pull for during basketball season? I would bet the farm it is one of two teams.
2) What was the score of the Appalachian State/Wake Forest football game on September 8, 2001 (the last time the two schools met)?

Scoreboard, *****!
12-17-2003 11:33 AM
Advertisement

Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Okay, we'll play your game.

Elsener is our only I-A transfer. You can insist that it isn't, but it only makes you look like you are reaching for something that isn't there.

<a href='http://goasu.com/index.php?page=165' target='_blank'>http://goasu.com/index.php?page=165</a>

As for taking non-qualifier, I didn't respond because I didn't think it deserved one. While our academic standards are not as strict as Wake Forest or Duke, we have yet to stoop to a FSU level of admissions.

Last game in 2001: WF 20 - App St 10

If you were at that game, you would know that we were winning at halftime and a few lucky breaks went your way in the third to give you the win. Congrats.

I'll guess we'll just have to settle for winning two out of the last three.

Really though, I still don't understand the logic of not playing us once every four years. I don't buy this, "we've moved on to another bigger and better level" explanation. It was always good draw, and from my understanding it was one of the larger gates of the year for your program. I can understand ending the annual game, because if you all were to win two years in a row (fat chance) you couldn't use the second win towards bowl eligibility.

By the way, I am an extremely loyal Appalachian State basketball fan. We could compare recent contests between the institutions in this sport, but I guess you guys are scared to play us in that too!
03-wink j/k
12-17-2003 12:02 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Okay, so that guy is the only [B]current[B] player on your roster that is a transfer. I was talking about over the years.

Anyway, having a good turnout for a Wake-Appalachian game is nothing to brag about because, in the Triad area, there are over five times the number of Appalachian graduates than there are Wake graduates. It is simply a numbers game. It would be the same way if you played Duke in Durham. And yes, it was one of our better attended games. It was like having Carolina or State come in to play us. Once again, numbers.

Part of not playing you anymore is our new coach's preference. That says nothing bad about your program. I'm sure he would agree with me that you have one of the top five I-AA programs in the country. He and the athletic director have just decided to play other teams.

If you are a loyal Appalachian basketball fan, then my hat is off to you. I apologize for assuming any differently.
12-17-2003 02:16 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

double post
12-17-2003 02:17 PM
Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I wonder why he doesn't want to play I-AAs anymore? I guess he is trying to change the perception of Wake football and take it to the next level. Too bad a pretty good regional rivalry had to die because of it. There was nothing like making that drive down 421 and seeing the caravan of cars heading towards Winston Salem with App flags on the windows.
:crying: :crying: memories :crying: :crying:

Oh well, I'll let this thread die, but you guys better believe if you EVER schedule a different I-AA team that I'll be back calling you guys out.

Until then, good luck Deacs, and...

Kiss Our Apps! 03-wink
12-17-2003 09:59 PM
Advertisement

Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Our non-conference schedule this year was Boston College (future conference opponent and very solid team), Purdue (top 15 team who we nearly beat), East Carolina (not very good now, but has been very good at times), and Connecticut (who blew our doors off). That's not exactly looking for the easy way out.

Non-conference opponents are binded with contracts. After expansion is settled and our current contracts with non-conference opponents run out, it is possible we will play Appalachian again.
12-18-2003 11:05 AM
Kiss My Apps Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hey Deacs,

Word is going around that AFA is backing out and you may be looking at A & T as a possible replacement.

If its true, you are a bunch of yellow bellied cowards 03-wink

Kiss My Apps
02-11-2004 10:49 PM
Lucy
Unregistered

Air Force backing out and the Deacs are the cowards?

Yep, just goes to show that App State = no education at all

Aren't there some toilets you need to be cleaning, KMA? 03-wink
02-12-2004 08:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.