Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Directed to Nate....
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

OK Nate...I left last year's season with a statement that Gilcrist would be a better point guard in his 2nd year than Duhon as a senior. I also said I would eat my words if that didn't appear to be true. Good for me...Duhon's poor play consisted and I have further proof to back up what I had claimed. Here are the stats for ya after 8 games!

John Gilcrist Chris Duhon
PPG 13.9 7.5
Steals 17 18
TO 23 21
Assists 44 44 - shocking so low considering he never scores
RPG 4.3 4.3
FT% .667 .529 - nice
3-% .360 .188 - and JJ's is .291???
Shoot % .474 .462
Min PG 33.0 35.2

and unless Duhon has some sort of miraculous turn-around....the point is made and backed up. Gilcrist might not be the best PG in the ACC, but in his second year is already better than Duhon. I rest my case.
12-19-2003 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Shashefsky is Satan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Since when has Dunothing done anything. My god he so overrated!
12-19-2003 11:37 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

So nice of you to post this the game before Duhon DOMINATES the #10 team in the country!
12-20-2003 01:51 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Water Engineer

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:So nice of you to post this the game before Duhon DOMINATES the #10 team in the country!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
12-20-2003 03:23 PM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

this is the best duhon has played in his career. bout *** **** time the best player in the nation did something good.
12-20-2003 03:24 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Shashefsky is Satan Wrote:this is the best duhon has played in his career. bout *** **** time the best player in the nation did something good.
Where did you get "the best player in the nation" from?
12-20-2003 05:01 PM
Advertisement

Water Engineer

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:
Shashefsky is Satan Wrote:this is the best duhon has played in his career. bout *** **** time the best player in the nation did something good.
<a href='http://goduke.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110603aab.html' target='_blank'>http://goduke.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spe.../110603aab.html</a>

"Duke University basketball players Chris Duhon and J.J. Redick each have been selected preseason candidates for the 2003-04 Naismith College Basketball Player of the Year Awards."
12-20-2003 05:43 PM
techfan4
Unregistered

You don't remember all the hype his freshman season where everyone said he would be the best player in the nation someday?

Duhon has highly underacheived.

"Dominated" :laugh: :laugh: 15 points 9 assists 3 steals 3 boards for Duhon

I guess Jarrett Jack would have something to say about "dominating" games then...he dominated the first 5...could be all 9 if it wasn't for the fact that we blew each team out and he sat out the whole 2nd half.

12 points 11 assists 4 boards 1 steal vs. La-Lafayette
11 points 11 assists 7 boards <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>6</span> steals vs. Hofstra
21 points 8 assists 6 boards 4 steals vs. Cornell
12 points 7 assists 6 boards 3 steals vs. UConn
17 points 7 assists 8 boards 2 steals vs. Texas Tech
12-20-2003 05:51 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Shashefsky is Satan Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:
<a href='http://goduke.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/110603aab.html' target='_blank'>http://goduke.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/spe.../110603aab.html</a>

"Duke University basketball players Chris Duhon and J.J. Redick each have been selected preseason candidates for the 2003-04 Naismith College Basketball Player of the Year Awards."
Candidates... That means what... Duhon is one of the best 50 players in the nation? Of course he is. Stop making ridiculous claims that he is the (sarcastic) best player in the nation. :rolleyes:
12-20-2003 06:09 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

techfan4 Wrote:You don't remember all the hype his freshman season where everyone said he would be the best player in the nation someday?

Duhon has highly underacheived.

"Dominated" :laugh: :laugh: 15 points 9 assists 3 steals 3 boards for Duhon

I guess Jarrett Jack would have something to say about "dominating" games then...he dominated the first 5...could be all 9 if it wasn't for the fact that we blew each team out and he sat out the whole 2nd half.

12 points 11 assists 4 boards 1 steal vs. La-Lafayette
11 points 11 assists 7 boards <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>6</span> steals vs. Hofstra
21 points 8 assists 6 boards 4 steals vs. Cornell
12 points 7 assists 6 boards 3 steals vs. UConn
17 points 7 assists 8 boards 2 steals vs. Texas Tech
Did you watch the Duke-Texas game or just see the stat-sheet?
12-20-2003 06:10 PM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:So nice of you to post this the game before Duhon DOMINATES the #10 team in the country!
Um Hello...Are you forgetting how JC dominated the #1 team in the country. Everyone will have a good game once in a while...JC will just have many more. Please, please, please don't try to argue for Duhon (who dominated because he was up against a freshman replacement)....you will get blasted (might I add by more people than myself).
12-22-2003 10:45 AM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

kaisersayzo Wrote:
Um Hello...Are you forgetting how JC dominated the #1 team in the country. Everyone will have a good game once in a while...JC will just have many more. Please, please, please don't try to argue for Duhon (who dominated because he was up against a freshman replacement)....you will get blasted (might I add by more people than myself).
BTW... nice of you to make that post when DUHON BECAME #3 ALL TIME ASSISTS LEADER AT DUKE. He still has 25+ games left to play... Show your *** one more time there buddy.

Duhon played against Royel Ivey, a senior and a very good player. WTF are you talking about?
12-23-2003 06:32 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Gilchrist dominated one of the most overrated "point guards" in the nation, Anthony Roberson. Hell, Roberson isn't even really a PG, he's an SG forced to play PG... and Roberson plays absolutely NO DEFENSE.

Gilchrist does play good defense, I'll give him that.
12-23-2003 06:33 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

"Sucky" Duhon just had 2 more assists than the entire #3 team in the country today.
01-17-2004 05:59 PM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:"Sucky" Duhon just had 2 more assists than the entire #3 team in the country today.
Um....keep on defending Duhon. My money stays on JC. While you are spouting off all your stats, why don't you look at these stats.

JC vs. G'Tech

27 points, 1 Assist, 6 Rebounds, 3 Steals

JC vs. NC

20 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals

Please take note that he did this against the (cough, cough) best PG's in the country. Might I add that the (cough, cough) best point guards in the country couldn't even last a half before the opposing coach had to put bigger stronger players on him to try to stop him. So you keep throwing up your stats and I'm pretty sure JC will have the answer for you.
01-19-2004 10:12 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

LOL Notice that Gilchrist had 1 assist and 6 turnovers against GT and you lost. INTERESTING... Gilchrist does not know how to run the point nearly as well as Duhon!

PG IS NOT ABOUT SCORING!

Meanwhile, Duhon has been killing the assists, and his team has been dominating EVERYONE, from #3, to #6 to #10. EVERYONE.

And yes, this is CHRIS DUHON'S TEAM.

Gilchrist can keep dropping 30 points a game, but until he starts putting up 8 assists per game, Maryland will not win.

And what do you have to say about their overall stats? Check them out buddy.
01-19-2004 01:37 PM
Advertisement

kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:LOL Notice that Gilchrist had 1 assist and 6 turnovers against GT and you lost. INTERESTING... Gilchrist does not know how to run the point nearly as well as Duhon!

PG IS NOT ABOUT SCORING!

Meanwhile, Duhon has been killing the assists, and his team has been dominating EVERYONE, from #3, to #6 to #10. EVERYONE.

And yes, this is CHRIS DUHON'S TEAM.

Gilchrist can keep dropping 30 points a game, but until he starts putting up 8 assists per game, Maryland will not win.

And what do you have to say about their overall stats? Check them out buddy.
You know Nate, I'll bet if you asked all 9 coaches in the ACC who they fear more between JC and Duhon, the resounding answer would be JC. Can I remind you that it is easy to get assists when you are a one pass and shoot team. Duke runs half the plays they used to. They now play the dribble-pass-shoot game. As long as Deng and JJ are on, Duhons Assist numbers will be staggering. It is also an easy cop-out to pass off when you can't shoot. You wanted the stats, so here they are. ENJOY!

Duhon

9.9 ppg, 107 assists, .509 fg%, .258 3 pt%, .605 ft%, 4.5 rpg, 42 to's, 2 blocks, 39 steals, in 551 minutes

JC

15.1 ppg, 70 assists, .506 fg%, .391 3pt%, .750 ft%, 4.3 rpg, 44 to's, 7 blocks, 25 steals, in 443 minutes

So Duhon is 2nd in the ACC in Assists and JC is 5th. JC on the other hand is he highest scoring PG in the ACC and has the 5th best shooting percentage in the conference. Why are you still fighting this? Why don't you compare Duhon's 2nd year to JC's just for a kick!

ps. Duhon has played 108 more minutes than John has.
01-19-2004 02:00 PM
Coach Doh
Unregistered

Only a complete idiot could not see that it's not Duhon's job to score, Duke has people who are expected to score. It's Duhon's job to see that they get the ball, apparently he does his job very well since he plays on the most consistently highest ranking team in the country for his college career.

Gilchrist is a great player, his role is different at Maryland or can't you comprehend that?

You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

Ask any of the 9 coaches in the ACC who they fear the most ----A team run by Duhon or a team run by JC.

At the end of the season JC will be at home will be watching Duhon play, isn't that what it's all about??

doh
01-19-2004 03:18 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

It boils down to this.

Put Duhon on Maryland and put Gilchrist on Duke and Duke would be only top 10 and Maryland would be top 25.

I PROMISE YOU that would happen.
01-19-2004 03:22 PM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Coach Doh Wrote:Only a complete idiot could not see that it's not Duhon's job to score, Duke has people who are expected to score. It's Duhon's job to see that they get the ball, apparently he does his job very well since he plays on the most consistently highest ranking team in the country for his college career.

Gilchrist is a great player, his role is different at Maryland or can't you comprehend that?

You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

Ask any of the 9 coaches in the ACC who they fear the most ----A team run by Duhon or a team run by JC.

At the end of the season JC will be at home will be watching Duhon play, isn't that what it's all about??

doh
No you mindless dolt, I am comparing a sophomore Point Guard to a Senior Point Guard. Apples to apples. They just play two different styles of ball. JC plays more like your beloved JWill and Duhon plays more like my beloved Steve Blake. The only problem is only one of them aren't going to make it in the nba....that person is Duhon.

And no...what this year is about for UMD is getting to the point where roles are established and very young kids come together as a team. I have no question that UMD will make the tourney this year. I also have no hope that they would win it all.
01-19-2004 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.