Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Young Mr Jones...
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

seeing that you assured me that the cameron crazies wouldn't dare mock DJ Strawbrry for the actions of his father, and that they are such a 'classy' crowd, I was wondering if you could give your thoughts on this article taken from the duke student newspaper...

thnaks lil budy....

<a href='http://www.chronicle.duke.edu/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/02/09/4027815149f64' target='_blank'>http://www.chronicle.duke.edu/vnews/displa...9/4027815149f64</a>
02-09-2004 04:57 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Monay820
Unregistered

Wait until the game before you go attacking Duke. If they mock DJ for his father, shame on the Crazies. If they don't, shame on you for assuming they will.
02-09-2004 07:04 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

1 freaking columnist? 05-nono
02-09-2004 07:16 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Shouldnt it be a little telling that the paper would publish something suggesting that fans fill plastic bags with flour???

It clearly it is not just one collumnist, it the whole paper, the editors let him publish the display of insolence. It would be interesting to see if anyone would write a letter to the editor expressing dismay at the collumn but I seriously doubt it.

IMO inferring that DJ is a crack baby or whatever is far more classless than chanting FU at JJ.

That guy should be fired, or atleast suspended like Bob Ryan was for his comments about Jason Kidd's wife. The difference is Ryan said it on his radio show, it wasnt published in a newspaper.

Perhaps the Chronicle needs to get some class. :rolleyes:
02-09-2004 10:25 PM
T-Monay820
Unregistered

In your attempt to bash Duke, as you normally do cause you have no life, you fail to read the meaning behind the article. Let me break it down for you:

Quote:As Cameron Crazies, we now face a crossroads. On one hand, many are calling on us to distinguish ourselves from Maryland-style fans and "win with class." On the other, some complain that we've lost our edge and come to rely on boring chants like "SHEL-DEN WILL-IAMS" for fear of being deemed offensive. Now, it's time to choose.

Here he is telling how Crazies can either choose to lower themselves to the same level as MD fans, mainly students, and go after DJ for his father's mistakes or put themselves on a higher level and "win with class".

Show me where he said that he was actually going to show up at the game with flour-filled baggies.

Quote:Clearly, none of us would ever want the Cameron Crazies to mirror the obscene bunch that attend Terrapin games.

This says it all. He doesn't condone or praise obscene shirts, harrassing players for their father's drug problems, or the throwing of things at players, parents, or coaches.

This article is about what can happen, and poses a question to the Crazies: Are you going to act like the MD fans at the Comcast Center/Cole Field House, or "win with class".

Suspended/fired for writing what is pretty much a warning to fellow students to act appropriately? Please.
02-09-2004 11:12 PM
T-Monay820
Unregistered

If Duke students do act like ******** at the Duke-MD game and do bring little baggies of flour/ F*ck MD shirts to the game, I will be the first to apologize on this board. But till then, stop whining about things that haven't happened.
02-09-2004 11:14 PM
Advertisement

Terpy
Unregistered

The fact that someone would suggest something like that is pathetic, and sickening. Maybe Maryland fans were wrong for chanting FU JJ but two wrong dont make a right. 05-nono
02-10-2004 01:30 AM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

I knew it. the dookie is trying to spin this article as a "warning"

:laugh:

good god man!
get a grip!
02-10-2004 01:33 AM
kaisersayzo Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

DENIAL! Clearly this brilliant author made many attempts to promote the effectiveness of this behavior. What I get from the article is that this arrogant little prick is wrestling with his superiority complex and vengance. You know what? Bring it! I'm sure the more you throw at DJ the more intense he will get. Much like the F You chants to JJ set him off, the last thing Duke needs is for the best man to man defender in the league to get inspired. This could all result in another great 2 point showing from Duhon.

So what?
02-10-2004 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:Shouldnt it be a little telling that the paper would publish something suggesting that fans fill plastic bags with flour???

It clearly it is not just one collumnist, it the whole paper, the editors let him publish the display of insolence. It would be interesting to see if anyone would write a letter to the editor expressing dismay at the collumn but I seriously doubt it.

IMO inferring that DJ is a crack baby or whatever is far more classless than chanting FU at JJ.

That guy should be fired, or atleast suspended like Bob Ryan was for his comments about Jason Kidd's wife. The difference is Ryan said it on his radio show, it wasnt published in a newspaper.

Perhaps the Chronicle needs to get some class. :rolleyes:
The Chronicle gets a TON of **** from faculty, alumni and others for letting people say WHATEVER they want in their columns. People have brought up "Let's tear down Cameron" and "K needs to go"...

Glad to know you know so much about the Chronicle, Terpy... I do, and there's actually today's Chronicle sitting right near my computer.
02-10-2004 06:16 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

I know nothing about the chronicle and I never claimed to.
02-10-2004 11:13 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

"It clearly it is not just one collumnist, it the whole paper, the editors let him publish the display of insolence."

Talking out of both sides of your mouth there buddy...
02-11-2004 06:45 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

The editors decide what gets published in any freakin paper. :rolleyes:
02-11-2004 09:41 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:The editors decide what gets published in any freakin paper. :rolleyes:
Not necessarily true... 99.9% of the time, anything a columnist for the Chronicle gives to the editors it goes untouched into the paper.
02-11-2004 09:46 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

wow, shows what kind of show they are running down there in durham, I guess...
02-12-2004 01:43 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:wow, shows what kind of show they are running down there in durham, I guess...
It's because there is a good trust system. Especially this guy Matt Sullivan... Who has written a bunch of garbage, but none of it has ever been illegal, offensive (in a derogatory way) or over the line... It's just complete bull****, but the editors can't say "Our personal opinions are different than yours, this isn't making it in".
02-12-2004 06:05 AM
Advertisement

Terpy
Unregistered

I find it extremely offensive that he wants people to mock DJ Strawberry by filling plastic baggies with flour. And I think it is troubling that none of the editors find it offensive either.

Even if they do usually decide to let whatever that slimeball writes go to print it doesnt mean they have to or that they always will. Also unless you know them how do you know that they have never told the guy "we arent printing this crap"?
02-12-2004 11:32 AM
T-Monay820
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:I find it extremely offensive that he wants people to mock DJ Strawberry by filling plastic baggies with flour. And I think it is troubling that none of the editors find it offensive either.
Oh yeah, and wearing shirts that say "**** Duke" and chanting FU JJ is any better.
02-12-2004 06:55 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

T-Monay820 Wrote:
Terpy Wrote:I find it extremely offensive that he wants people to mock DJ Strawberry by filling plastic baggies with flour.&nbsp; And I think it is troubling that none of the editors find it offensive either.
Oh yeah, and wearing shirts that say "**** Duke" and chanting FU JJ is any better.
Indeed it is.
02-12-2004 07:09 PM
T-Monay820
Unregistered

[quote="Terpy"] [quote="T-Monay820"] [quote="Terpy"] I find it extremely offensive that he wants people to mock DJ Strawberry by filling plastic baggies with flour.
02-12-2004 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.