Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Padgett
hoops13
Unregistered

Yo Rick, heard anything on the Padgett front. I've seen some posts at IC that sound like something might happen soon, but I don't know how reliable they are.
06-09-2004 11:59 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JD Heel
Unregistered

Well, this stirs the pot even more:

<a href='http://northcarolina.theinsiders.com/2/265960.html' target='_blank'>UNC requests release for Padgett</a>

-JD
06-09-2004 01:27 PM
hoops13
Unregistered

Marvin Williams
Quentin Thomas
Marcus Ginyard
Bobby Frasor
David Padgett?!?!?!

04-bow 04-bow 04-bow Roy is so beast. 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow
06-09-2004 03:06 PM
Advertisement

jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

you have to like this....

Quote:Bill Grigsby, a commentator for the Kansas City Chiefs radio network, reportedly spoke with Kansas head coach Bill Self Wednesday morning at a golf tournament. He asked Self, "Where's [Padgett] going?" and Self replied - "North Carolina."
06-10-2004 08:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoops13
Unregistered

Word is that TH may be in the bag before Padgett!!!!! 04-drinky :D 03-razz :saber:
06-10-2004 09:03 AM
Advertisement

jrhessey Offline
1st String

SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

That would be awesome!

:eek:

04-rock

04-bow

04-drinky
06-10-2004 09:29 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

I don't know much about any of these guys except for what I've read online. I did see some video on TH, though.

For some reason, I really want Hendrix (without even knowing much about him). I've just read so many good things about him, and he seems to be the type of guy we need to follow up Sean May, whenever big Sean leaves. I don't mean that Hansborough or Padgett are run-of-the-mill white "stiffs", but I think it would be good to have a strong space-eater type of post presence to compliment either Padgett or Hansborough (or both).

And, that makes me wonder about the possibility of getting all three. Let's take a look at the scholarship situation, shall we?

(This is assuming nobody leaves the team except for the seniors after next year.)

1. Raymond Felton
2. Rashad McCants
3. Sean May
4. David Noel
5. Byron Sanders
6. Damion Grant
7. Reyshawn Terry
8. Marvin Williams
9. Quinton Thomas
10. Bobby Frasor
11. Marcus Ginyard

If that holds up, then we could only take two of the three big men. But, who expects for that to hold up? I'd expect that either one or more of the "Big 3" will go pro after next year... or Damion Grant won't be playing basketball by then. Or, both. And, Marvin Williams could go pro after his freshman year, too.

I think we try to get all three of these guys. Even then, we still might end up with another scholarship to use.

-JD
06-10-2004 12:55 PM
Advertisement

Coach Doh
Unregistered

JD Heel Wrote:1. Raymond Felton
2. Rashad McCants
3. Sean May
4. David Noel
5. Byron Sanders
6. Damion Grant
7. Reyshawn Terry
8. Marvin Williams
9. Quinton Thomas
10. Bobby Frasor
11. Marcus Ginyard

-JD
With a team like that there would be no excuse for not winning a couple of National Championships...........would there????

doh :D
06-10-2004 01:01 PM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

Coach Doh Wrote:
2. Rashad McCants
3. Sean May
4. David Noel
5. Byron Sanders
6. Damion Grant
7. Reyshawn Terry
8. Marvin Williams
9. Quinton Thomas
10. Bobby Frasor
11. Marcus Ginyard

-JD
With a team like that there would be no excuse for not winning a couple of National Championships...........would there????

and Williams is just getting started.... 04-drinky
06-10-2004 01:25 PM
JD Heel
Unregistered

Coach Doh Wrote:
2. Rashad McCants
3. Sean May
4. David Noel
5. Byron Sanders
6. Damion Grant
7. Reyshawn Terry
8. Marvin Williams
9. Quinton Thomas
10. Bobby Frasor
11. Marcus Ginyard

-JD

Well, I doubt that would happen in the first place. And, that team would only be together for one year anyway -- so, only a chance for one national championship with all those guys.

But, if it somehow happened, that would almost be like Brand, Battier, Langdon, Carrawell, Maggette, Avery, Burgess, and James. How'd that team do again? :bang: 03-wink

-JD
06-10-2004 02:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.