Florida.

ncaasports.com, atlanticsun.org, gohatters.com

All would have the information
05-13-2007 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State

stetson took advantage of the fact that the best softball team wasnt eligible and are now in the ncaa tourney. good luck to them though.
05-13-2007 09:32 PM
the Big Camel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Not this crap from KSU folks again.
05-13-2007 09:51 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

what crap are u talkin bout? i wasnt complaining. anyway, hope stetson can beat florida..be nice to see an asun team get out of the first round in something.
05-13-2007 11:09 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Umm, you did notice the Conference Champions wasn't Stetson, right?
05-14-2007 08:44 AM
the Big Camel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

The conference champions were Stetson, they won the tournament and received the automatic bit.

If Kennesaw wanted to be the softball champs they could have fast tracked the sport, or being recruiting at Division I standards for years now and not have had a problem with it.

KSU fully understood the circumstances of going Division I and every school that makes the jump has to go through it, so complaining about things like this are pointless.

Kennesaw had a great regular season and were rewarded for it with numerous awards and the regular season championship.
05-14-2007 11:35 AM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Ok fine... that's cool.

4/6/07 KSU 2, Stetson 0
4/6/07 KSU 6, Stetson 3
05-14-2007 01:07 PM
the Big Camel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Good for them, it doesn't change anything that I said.

Plus regular season doesn't always equate to what would happen in the tournament...just two examples for you:

Campbell sweeps Gardner-Webb in regular season; GWU beats CU 8-0 at A-Sun Tournament

ETSU sweeps Campbell in regular season; Campbell beats ETSU 3-0 at A-Sun Tournament.
05-14-2007 01:10 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Dallas Mavericks get beat by 8 seed. Miami Heat get swept. Atlanta Thrashers get swept. The Owls loss to JU in soccer tournament this past year after outshooting them 28-2. I understand full and well your point.

At least those teams had a chance to win.
05-14-2007 01:34 PM
Advertisement

the Big Camel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

The only people to blame for this are KSU. They should have fast tracked Softball and not women's soccer or they should have been recruiting with Division I rules earlier and this wouldn't have been a problem.

You are acting like Kennesaw State got screwed out of an appearance at the last minute. This is something the athletics department fully understood when they made the move to DI...if they wanted to be playing for national championships then they should have stayed DII.

It's not like this is some special rule put in place just for Kennesaw to punish them.
05-14-2007 01:49 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

I don't even know if I blame anyone. I understand why the crappy rule is there. I wish it was based on something else other than just time wasted. I've mentioned that in other posts. They didn't get screwed out of it at the last minute and Kennesaw didn't screw themselves by not recruiting to the gpa standards (if that is the actual case cause I have no idea why the 2 sports got fast tracked).

It's just a stupid rule that we can't play in post season play because we're the n00bs. It should be that a team is evaluated each season if GPA is the requirement.

I have not complained about anything that hasn't been heard of at any other schools suffering the wrath of probation. If you think I'm going to shut up about it, you're mistaken. I am certain I am lobbying to the wrong people though cause you have no stake in KSU and you aren't on probation with championship level teams unable to play for a postseason chance. Oh well, we'll come out of probation stronger than we came in which is kind of scary for some of the sports.
05-14-2007 02:45 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors

It's based on academics so schools can't recruit people who can't read a stop sign.
05-14-2007 11:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.