Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Two interesting letters to the East Tennessean
Bookmark and Share
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Two interesting letters to the East Tennessean
First off, Sean Rife writes that instead of raising athletic fees, ticket prices should be raised to sustain football.

http://media.www.easttennessean.com/medi...6694.shtml

That's actually not a bad idea. The problem, however, is that if you double ticket prices of basketball to pay for football, the basketball people want to know why they aren't getting all of the money they earned.

But it's a decent thought.

Number two- look who chimes in with a pro-football vote. It's our old friend Billy Taylor!

http://media.www.easttennessean.com/medi...6696.shtml

Taylor, by the way, is a former Bucs football player who later became the program's last ever defensive coordinator.

He also was a regular contributor to the only soconhoops board and had the honor of being the best friend of former PittsburghBucs math teacher Billy Cox.

My question is why that wasn't mentioned at the bottom of the letter- "The writer is a former ETSU football player and coach."

A lot of times you don't know that when you're a young student (QUICK- WHO WAS THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE BUCS IN 2003! It's not on the entrance exam, you know), so I'm not going to hold it against them too much.

And Taylor could have signed his credentials at the bottom of the letter.

But it would have been nice. And I hope that a lesson is learned for the future down there that if a similar letter is written, which all but reveals the writer is a former player or coach, they do a little research with the old football media guide and find out who the writer was.
04-13-2007 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buc Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Billy also had some memories in the War Wagon
04-13-2007 07:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice

Define "memories."
04-13-2007 09:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.