Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Did I miss something............
Bookmark and Share
andone Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Did I miss something............
I've looked over the various message boards and I have not seen one poster use this past conference tournament as the opportunity to exact points on ETSU after the clinic that was run on them in the championship game on national TV. Not only national TV but HDTV. I don't recall the number of times "Clinic" was used by the commentators during the game.

Now I have a fondness for ETSU because of family connections and I have some understanding about your bitterness in being lowered into the A-Sun but after that beat down it is truely time to shut the eff up about all this we are better and deserve better blah blah blah. IMO you all just proved YOU DO BELONG IN THE A-SUN because you are really no better than anybody else. That said GET BUC'D Up or SHUT UP, lol.
03-06-2007 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU

If you want to see a "clinic", then just review the games tapes of ETSU vs. Campbell. I give you credit for being as bold as to talk trash with a team that has completely owned you.
03-06-2007 11:03 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors

Keep recruiting players from John Battle andone. HA! You guys have been winners over the years.
If we're not above this conference, hmmm, let's see here, volleyball hadn't had a winning season in the Southern Conference in 15 years, we go to the A-Sun, back to back winning seasons and a conference championship.
Basketball has a championship, two league POTY's, and two winning seasons. (Following a 10-19 in the previous season).
Keep talking, and we'll keep smacking the spitters around like red headed screamers at a Howard Dean rally.
03-06-2007 11:49 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

100-76
87-57

Thats all I have to say.
03-06-2007 12:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andone Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

You guys are right and I have no argument with your hold on Campbell and the rest of the teams in this low life conference. Point is with all this talk from you all your team should be knocking everybody out night in and night out and going to the NCAA's etc, etc (M basketball). But the fact is you all are not winning by dominate margins on a consistant basis and until you do you all are just one of the gang in the lowly A-Sun.
03-06-2007 03:35 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

Have you not noticed that its only like 2 or 3 people talking like this? There is a KSU fan that thinks they will be in the same ranks as UGA and GT in a few years. Do you think every KSU fan thinks like that?
03-06-2007 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

After reading today that apparently there's not alot of difference in the Missouri Valley and the Southern Conference, I honestly don't know what to think. It doesn't matter if you win by one or 100, a win's a win. I do find it funny however, women's basketball has had two record setting seasons, men's basketball has done what it has, both tennis teams, both golf teams, baseball and volleyball have all turned for the better. The only programs we have that haven't turned the corner are women's soccer and softball.
I love it though, let them keep talking.
03-06-2007 10:22 PM
Runnin' Bulldog Pride Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GWU and the SEC

This could be due to the fact that the only school that has any right to lay the smackdown on ETSU would be Belmont and there is only one Belmont fan that I know of on this board, and he only comes out into the light once a month or so unless Belmont does something really stupendous.

ETSU is still superior to the other schools in the conference. Last I checked, I didn't see Campbell or GWU or anyone else in stunning high definition on Saturday afternoon.
03-07-2007 02:54 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

Because this is a laseball beague.

Just kidding. I don't say anything because it sucks losing as the #1 seed. I know the feeling, and wasn't G Webb a #1 recently too that lost? They were at least a very high seed.
03-07-2007 03:02 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU

Speaking of the team who kicked our ass...Is it just me or are the players, fans and coaches of Belmont arrogant as hell
03-07-2007 03:51 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Their fans are incredibly arrogant, and their band geeks are flat out rude. If they were half as good as they thought they were then most would already have record deals, but realistically most will end up hoping to get a shot on Nashville Star.
The funny thing about Belmont is though, this is their glory years, their big men are gone, Rick Byrd and his sweatervest are both getting old, retirement's not too far away.
03-07-2007 04:30 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State

ETSUfan1 Wrote:Have you not noticed that its only like 2 or 3 people talking like this? There is a KSU fan that thinks they will be in the same ranks as UGA and GT in a few years. Do you think every KSU fan thinks like that?

yea i said that..cept i was referring to 10-15 years we'd be competing with them. according to our school, were going to grow to over 30 thousand students in 10 years and we our going to nearly double the size of our campus. plus just ask dennis felton, he told me himself he expects us to compete with them and tech in basketball in a few years, and that was b4 we played them on valentines day. i know its not going to happen overnight, but were working on it.
03-07-2007 05:24 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

Don't worry Owlzfan... no one saw Miami football coming 30 years ago. Not that you're going to start winning National Titles in hoops, but it is possible for sports teams to get better. You gotta crawl before you can walk though. First things first.
03-07-2007 05:29 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

^^^and nobody saw USF coming either..now their competing with florida state, miami and UF.
03-07-2007 05:34 PM
the Big Camel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

USF is competing with Florida State, Miami and Florida?? Please dude, lay off the junk
03-07-2007 05:37 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

In all fairness... USF did get a good helmet jab. Other than that... they're trying and so are we. We're still on probation for cryin out loud.
03-08-2007 06:17 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Dennis Felton will be hoping that Tony Ingle retires soon so he'll have a job.
Kennesaw may have over 30 thousand students soon, but that means nothing. You're not drawing at basketball games, you have no football team, and right now there's no competition between you and Ga. SOUTHERN!
03-08-2007 08:30 PM
BelmontSuperFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont

Arrogance from the fans and pep band should be expected. That's what fans are supposed to do. Be arrogant about how their team is better than yours. Clearly on this message board you guys have been just as arrogant, if not more about how you don't belong in this conference.

Plus, you've got to be kidding me that everyone at Belmont is looking for a record deal. I wish I could tell you how many people in the pep band (and Belmont in general) aren't looking for a record deal. What about the trumpet player who's going pre-med, or the clarinet player that's a biology major?

On top of all that, when was the last time you heard Rick Byrd said anything bad about another team? I'd love to see how you came to all these conclusions because I'm finding a hard time seeing the logic behind this.
03-09-2007 11:23 PM
CallMeAl22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Buccaneerlover Wrote:Their fans are incredibly arrogant, and their band geeks are flat out rude. If they were half as good as they thought they were then most would already have record deals, but realistically most will end up hoping to get a shot on Nashville Star.
The funny thing about Belmont is though, this is their glory years, their big men are gone, Rick Byrd and his sweatervest are both getting old, retirement's not too far away.

First of all, I would like to point out how ridiculously outnumbered our fans were at that game. ETSU had a huge home crowd so of course we had to cheer as loudly as we could to even have a chance of being heard. But the last time I checked, being loud to support your team was not arrogant. Our guys were playing at the top of their game, and we were excited for them. ETSU fans would have done the same thing had they been winning. As for the pep band, I'm pretty sure none of them aspire to have a record deal. The vast majority of the band members aren't even music majors, and the ones that are are instrumentalists, not vocalists. So your Nashville Star comment, clever as you thought it was, was way off. And perhaps Belmont is in its glory years. All the more reason to get excited for what's going on now. Nothing lasts forever, so you might as well give all you've got right now and enjoy it while it lasts. And Byrd's sweatervests are pimpin'!
03-09-2007 11:59 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

Al---

When those little snotty assed band geeks are roaming around the JC Mall making smug comments within earshots of ETSU fans, when they don't return the smile and good luck today from a fan who has learned over the years to be nice to the visitors, and ultimately, when the band geeks BREAK A CONFERENCE RULE and basically insult us by playing during our fight song, on a timeout that we called, yea, Belmont fans are a little arrogant.
And get used to being outnumbered, if that tournament is in Nashville next year and we're still winning, expect atleast half, if not more of those fans that were there, to be in Nashville.
Oh BTW, Nashville Star has a backup band. Belmont makes it easy to like Lipscomb.
03-10-2007 11:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.