Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Day one thoughts
Bookmark and Share
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Day one thoughts
1. Lipscomb and Belmont should be able to travel better than that, ridiculous.

2. Jacksonville will be incredibly tough next season.

3. I don't believe the A-Sun officials have ever seen games at Maryland, Duke, UNC, Wake, Florida, Georgia, or any other team with an atmosphere. That little "rule" you guys have is the most absurd thing I've ever heard, EVER. (Yes, I am that guy, and you better thank the ETSU people for being very diplomatic tonight). I really don't believe that they know how to handle the state supported non Belmont/Lipscomb atmosphere.

4. The ETSU students are getting better about their support.

5. Derek Waugh is still a *******, and an ugly man. Surely Stetson can pay for some Invisaligns for him.

6. Lipscomb has a pep band again, and to be polite I guess ya gotta start somewhere.
03-01-2007 11:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators

What rule is that? I'm interested cause we shout all the time at the refs and sometimes very vulgar and haven't been called for anything. Sure a few calls haven't gone our way afterwards but the crowd hasn't been T'd up or anything. Not even verbals.

2. I wish we were there
03-01-2007 11:52 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

Yea what are you talking about? And I like Derek Waugh. He has been relatively successful with what he has to work with.
03-01-2007 11:56 PM
etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops

Yes Lover, please elaborate on the rule you are referring to. Also, did Waugh play at Davidson? When, he looks familiar?
03-02-2007 06:32 AM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Furman.
03-02-2007 07:55 AM
BigBlueFan1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Lover, I am with the other guys. What "rule" are you talking about? I was at all the games and must have missed what you are referring to.
03-02-2007 08:08 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

The conference has a rule that states that A: The cheerleaders can't cross the FREE THROW LINE during the starting lineups for their teams, (i.e. no backflips to the half court line, by comparison nobody else does this). B: The mascots nor cheerleaders can have props, like for example a giant flag during the games. Apparently they thought that the fans shouldn't either. Again I reference any other conference in the history of basketball not having rules that are this ridiculous. C: the students got reprimanded last night at ETSU for being "unruly." I guess the A-Sun enjoys it when their tournament has less than a thousand people in attendance. It's a great thing that ETSU has put some REALLY GREAT people in the right positions and understand the importance of the young people standing and yelling on the ends, realizing that without those people a sport like basketball could end up being dropped as part of a "strategic business decision."
In short, this is a shot at the A-Sun officials who are reading this board, and if you guys want to be big boy basketball, start acting like it. Otherwise plan on losing money WHEN ETSU leaves the A-Sun.
03-02-2007 03:42 PM
Advertisement

BigBlueFan1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I never saw our students get unruly. They were enthusiastic just like they should be....
03-02-2007 04:08 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

There always seems to be fans that just simply curse too much and yell things they shouldn't. I've never seen action taken against a fan that shouldn't have been taken (at any sporting event) for foul language. I hate to see it when there's kids around. I really hope you or your friends were falsely accused (or whoever it was).
03-02-2007 05:33 PM
HisMajestyKingofStetson Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Hey Buccaneer...You act like such a big shot on here
I'll be happy when you an your clone fans are long gone from our league.

As if the ASUN could care less about basketball.

Hope you can crack the top 80 in RPI again someday.

Final: Stetson 5 Notre Dame 4
03-02-2007 10:05 PM
Advertisement

the Big Camel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Here comes the ETSU is better than everyone crap again
03-02-2007 10:20 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

I dont know where the ETSU is better than everyone crap came from. Whatever...this is a great league, and I think ETSU will lose tomorrow. But this league should strive to be a basketball league. NOONE in general cares about college baseball.
03-02-2007 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HisMajestyKingofStetson Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
This is a baseball league...Go and ask the commissioner if
you want confirmation. I've been following this league for more years than most of the folks on this board have breathed air. Until you guys joined, I never hear anyone question it.

KOS
03-03-2007 02:11 AM
Advertisement

JWBUC Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs

King. If I may approach the throne. 04-bow

I went to Fox Sports and CBS sports this am. I could not find a tab for college baseball. I looked under the "other" tab also. College football still has a tab, even in the off season but there is no easily found tab for baseball.

Go to a random sports bar. Pick 5 guys out. Ask them to name the last 5 college champs in BB, FB and baseball in say 60 secs.

I think we all know the results.

Now would I like to see more interest in JC for college baseball ? Yes. Will it probably happen ? No.

Florida schools are better in baseball. Northern and Great lake schools are good at hockey. There just is not as much of a national following for those sports. Baseball, is not the American pastime anymore even at the pro level.

I understand you having pride in Stetson baseball. Good luck. Keep beating the Irish. I like to see that.

By the way, you would have to be in your mid 50s to have breathed longer than many of us Buc fans.
03-03-2007 07:41 AM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Re: This is a baseball league...Go and ask the commissioner
HisMajestyKingofStetson Wrote:you want confirmation. I've been following this league for more years than most of the folks on this board have breathed air. Until you guys joined, I never hear anyone question it.

KOS

This league is only 25 years old so I doubt this statement very much.

R
03-03-2007 07:56 AM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

KOS it's really sad that you guys actually enjoy the 800 fans a game thing. You can tell that within the conference that they have your mentality, but at some point you're going to have to enter reality. There's a reason that so many teams keep leaving this conference.
I wouldn't expect Florida Gulf Coast or Kennesaw to be around long either.
03-03-2007 11:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.