Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU Game
Bookmark and Share
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
ETSU Game
Everyone going? I hope so. This is going to be the best game left on the schedule. I don't know how many times our Owls can hang with tough teams and still walk away with losses. It's about time to capitalize on those opportunities.
02-16-2007 03:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i'll be there and i cant wait. i think next year our team will be a lot better and i think we'll pull off a few big wins against big name schools.

i really think we'll win the etsu game, we should have a good student showing and i think that will help our players a lot.
02-16-2007 08:42 PM
ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

I really dont like KSU, and to make matters worse, we will lose.
02-16-2007 09:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Collinr01 Offline
Bench Warmer

ETSUfan1 Wrote:I really dont like KSU, and to make matters worse, we will lose.
You know you love us
02-16-2007 09:52 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

It's too bad CSS didn't pick this game up instead of Stetson/ETSU on Thursday.
02-16-2007 10:29 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

^^^i agree. that game now for this board has more anticipation then lipscomb/belmont.

and etsufan..u know u love KSU deep down.
02-16-2007 11:19 PM
Advertisement

Jeremo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'll be there drumming with the band.
02-17-2007 12:23 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

i'm mad. it's officially time to start looking forward to next year.
02-18-2007 12:47 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

Nick M Wrote:i'm mad. it's officially time to start looking forward to next year.

2 years down, 2 more til eligibility! 04-rock
02-18-2007 01:05 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i understand how u feel nick. i saw u 2...u looked pissed...and i was also pissed. i mean we played like **** in the second half..and it wasnt because of etsu..it was because we decided to stop moving the ball around and stop moving to the basket. we do this all the time and its starting to get to me. i'll hand it to etsu, they didnt give up and they were the better team in the second half. but at the same time u wonder how an offense that was moving the ball so well in the first half would all of the sudden jjust stop. The zone ETSU was using in the second half wasnt great and infact they left gaps all over the place, but we were 2 stupid to take them.

I also didnt like the fact that Golden was made out to look bad when in fact it wasnt his fault. i mean what else is he supposed to do when all his team is doing is standing around with the exception of Wooten.

if we can win the next two games we can finish with 13 wins..one more then last year...so i'm hoping for that.

also i still cant figure out why J-Mac only played 10 min. he does a good jjob and he is improving by the second. I really think he could be our best player by his junior year.
02-18-2007 01:47 AM
JC rugger Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Nick M Wrote:i'm mad. it's officially time to start looking forward to next year.

Nick M I can't believe you've thrown in the towel. I think your teams problem is that you guys live and die by the three-point. If your team could get an inside game. I think that would take alot of pressure off your guards. Good luck the rest of the way.
02-18-2007 08:43 AM
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU

I can relate to your frustration. Prior to this year, the Bucs 2 terrible years with outstanding talent. With your level of talent, you should be near the top of the standings.
I somewhat agree with Rugger. Stegall is one of the better forwards in the league, and I don't think many guys could out jump wooten in the post either. What about that 7 footer that you guys have?
At any rate, it always easy for us to have all of the answers! Good luck the rest of the way
02-18-2007 10:35 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

yea i know we live by the three and it pisses me off. cuz u saw in the first half that when we were going to the basket we were a better offense...then ofcourse in the second half we went back to our shooting nothing but threes.

the 7 footer i believe is redshirting, so you wont see him till next year. plus i'm not sure how good he is..he's got talent, but he doesnt have power.
02-18-2007 11:10 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

John Allison's played basketball for 2 years prior to coming stateside and practicing with the owls. He still looks like a stick which is not doing anything to make me believe he's going to put the effort into bulking up for next season. He's a good guy, I've talked to him twice at length during two different events. I hope he's the answer to the down man so stegall can get outside the paint to drive some but I'm skeptical.

Bleh, that game was ridiculous... we should have ran away with it but coming out of the locker room and giving up a 10 point lead in 20 seconds is inexcusable. No team should be that unprepared to the #1 team in the conference. What were they thinking? ETSU was just going to lay down? Come on Tony, I've seen you coach better than that.

The guys never really settled down in the second, they looked as if they were on their heels instead of pushing like the first. Maybe they got tired after that UGA game but I doubt it's conditioning, they've been playing this way all year.

And to JC, are you kidding me? Do you watch the games? We could have had a winning record this year easily but we're sitting at a .379 overall and we just blew it at UGA against an NCAA tournament team (maybe). We have 2 more games, Mercer and Stetson, the only solace is that IF we win both of them we will have a .500 conference record. I'll be there but if you think those games mean something I'm not sure where your head's at. Thrown in the towel, damn right. Unless we figure out how to make these two games count for 10 then I believe I have every right.

And I said I'm already looking forward to next season. I'll be an alumni but maybe people like me is what this university needs. There's the huge potential and I'll be upset again if we're not #1 or #2. It's time for Tony and the boys to start winning the close ones and closing on the games we're ahead.
02-18-2007 11:53 AM
ETSUfan1 Online
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

I cant figure out why you guys didnt go to Stegall in the second half. It was rediculous watching him walk it up on Nuckles from like 8 feet away. He would get an open look from about 3 feet away every time.
02-18-2007 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

^^^did u also notice he didnt even start the game

i agree with Nick, i mean we should be either 1 or 2 in the conference. we have all the talent in the world and thats with a recruiting disadvantage. We've lost 5 overtimes game and in the past week we've blown 2 double digit halftime leads. We were up against Wichita State late, and the same with UGA. If we werent so starstruck against GW in the first half, we could of won that game..we outplayed them in the second half. we lost to fiu by 2 cuz we couldnt make freethrows and basically handed them the game. its just so frustrating, we should of beat stetson as well in the opening game of the conference.

our team has so much potential and u can see flashes of how great we can be, then all of the sudden we dont function.

U know i think its time to start spending a bit more money on our basketball program. i really think its going to be our sport, and right now we are at the way bottom with how much we spend on basketball. I mean it seems like all the advertising for games is going to the womens sports. The softball team plays in a beautiful stadium thats better then 95% of d1 softball stadiums..plus they just got a new scoreboard, something they really didnt need. i just wonder why some of that money doesnt go to the b-ball team. also nick, hvae u noticed that the tickets for the game our getting cheaper and cheaper. last year they werre really nice and made us look like a top program, now their just yellow with cheap ink...while the softball team gets the nicer tickets. also the soccer team and softball team both get these signs advertising for games, something the b-ball team doesnt have..and also it seems like the damn hockey team gets more advertising for games then the b-ball team..and their a damn club team.
02-18-2007 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

The basketball money thing kind of frustrates me as well. Mid Majority.com did a good job of bringing that to my attention. I just don't know that throwing more money to the people in charge is going to do much. There's a fundamental problem with the athletic department. People not doing their jobs, some jobs unfilled, some jobs as favors. It seems there is a lack of creativity or will power especially on the marketing side.

I have also hopped on the basketball is our flagship program. People don't go to watch baseball like they go watch basketball. It's not the same atmosphere and no matter what we do, that will not change. A women's sport as a flagship program seems like a backwards attempt to provide an excuse for the mens teams. There's not one school in the country that prides themselves on their womens teams moreso than their mens. Think about it, the top 3 schools in womens basketball, UCONN, UT, UNC all have mens programs at least twice the size of the womens. I'm not saying we shouldn't or couldn't lead the way in womens sports but I am saying banking on it sounds unrealistic.

I wondered why he didn't start too. I should have asked him when I saw him at Wal-Mart. Oh well, such is life. We lost, I'm over it.

As far as the tickets, it doesn't matter if they're glossy full color or printed out of the ink jet. Give season ticket owners something nice and print the rest of toilet paper if it means putting up signs and promoting the games in a positive and successful way. I could guarantee they have no idea what # they want for attendance to be at and no plan to get it there. That should be a priority for next season. Even if you don't hit your goal it should be set. Realistic, Timely, Measurable, Specific, Attainable....... management crap coming though but it's good crap to think about.
02-18-2007 04:43 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i really dont care what the tix look like either, but i found it odd that their getting cheaper and cheaper and with the money you'd be saving..u would think that would go to advertising for the game...but it doesnt, and it pisses me off...meanwhile the girls sports get all this nice new expensive stuff and the advertising. just doesnt make sense.

the signs stripedcrew made advertising for the Campbell game really worked well. Cuz on facebook invites 4 the etsu game actually had more ppl commit to the game, but the student section wasnt near as large as the Campbell game. Also i've noticed a lot of our games this year have been on weekends, most of our big crowds have been on the weekdays. i think next year we need to schedule more games on the weekdays..though thats pretty sad when our students cant make a trip over to a weekend game.

hopefully the mercer game will be a strong crowd.

Basketball needs to be our sport, and i think we can make it our sport, especially if Tony stays around.
02-18-2007 05:30 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

No one knows about the games... Facebook events blow for pretty much everything. Parties people don't show up, philanthropy events get shrugged off and athletics people forget about them. I'm not sure what it is since it seems like it'd be perfect. People learn about the games by word of mouth from what I hear in the student section and that's not right.

If we do have weekend games, promote Wednesday and Thursday for it with signs above the parking decks but don't leave them up all season because then people will ignore them. Anyhow, this season's done... any money spent on athletics this year is going to other teams. At least I hope so.

Spread the word about the remaining games but expect more of the same.
02-19-2007 07:28 AM
Collinr01 Offline
Bench Warmer

Man I really wish we would have killed them in the 2nd half like we did in the first. Kevin(kr983) actually talked to someone from ETSU during the game at a point when we had the lead and he said "I think we have a pretty good rivalry going here" and etsu guy responded "Nah we are in another league than KSU" Talk about a douchebag, especially since we were winning at the time! Then we go and throw the game away :(
02-22-2007 08:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.