Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Belmont game
Bookmark and Share
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
Belmont game
I hope that you guys slaughter Belmont--both to help us and because they have our number!!

Good luck. I think you guys have the athleticism/talent to keep getting better and better.
01-04-2007 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators

Is KSU going to keep starting Ingle? I know he's the coaches son, which makes me think it could cause controversy in the locker room. FG% now at 23% and 3PT% at 19% is hard to argue with. Unless he stops shooting and only dishing assists (only 1 in belmont game)... He gets more minutes then anyone. It's not that he's a bad player, maybe just needs more discipline. Limit shots to 3 per game, get pulled from the game when making mistakes, etc. He's proven he can get high assist totals. You guys have the guys who can make shots, he needs to get them the ball (and get himself some assists). It's not like hes turning the ball over (only 1 TO in belmont game)
01-05-2007 03:08 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators

I called for that too but Owlz disagrees. Ingle's not always horrible like this. I have no idea the difference between last season when he was averaging 16 ppg and now when he's averaging 8.

Zach (our bencher pg) has done little to impress since his arrival which Owlz is right. He's showing that he can play at this level but not excel in it if that makes sense. Perhaps they can see who makes more shots in a 100 basket contest or something and put a defender on them. I don't know... it just seems broken to me sometimes. Not very typical of Tony Ingle's past teams.

bleh, it's hard to win with a lid on the bucket period. Maybe we need to try something new cause the Ingle-Wooten dunk fest that was last year isn't going to happen as far as I'm concerned.
01-05-2007 03:48 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

he isnt playing 2 poorly, its just his shooting, which is horrible. the thing is last game against belmont, they put zach in and he missed every shot 2 and he actually played some mins. i do think they should try something new, just not sure what. the only possible explanation i could give for goldens poor shooting is maybe he hurt his hand or wrist or something. the other thing could be its a mental thing, which is zachs problem. it really sickens me to see our team shoot so poorly missing wide open shots i know they can make, and yet somehow we still keep it close.

btw i was partially wrong about zach, i dont know what he's been doing over the break, but his ball handling improved a lot over that month. i've seen him shoot by himself, and he can shoot, he just gets scared, prob because this is his first year of d1. i can tell a lot of our new guys dont trust their shot, which is a shame. same with whipple cept it seems he doesnt trust his entire game. i saw that man do a rockersteap and it completely fooled the defender, then he made one of the quickest steps to the basket i've ever seen by a guy his size and he aready had the man beat, then he froze, stopped, and passed it away. he could of easily taken one more dribble and could of thrown the ball down. he could be one of the bigger steals in college basketball if he starts playing with confidence.

i think him and zach need one big game each, to get that confidence up.

hey nick, when do u think the ball movement will improve? i've watched tony ingles teams for the past few years, and they always had great ball movement, even last years makeshift team had it. this years team doesnt have it for some reason.
01-08-2007 12:35 AM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Movement by the time these guys are Juniors. You're right about confidence being a major part of it. 23% FG% against any team, let alone a team in this conference is just unbearable to watch.

Ingle not putting in baskets or assists is considerably worse than last year. There's no question to that. He can dribble and get it across mid-court just fine but then again I think Stegaull could do that and he's our big guy. I just don't know.
01-08-2007 08:04 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

hopefully by their softmore years, that would be nice. i graduate then..like to see them win the conference b4 i graduate.

and i just found out what u looked like nick from facebook on the striped crew grouppage. i've seen u at a ton of the games..cept for belmont..where were u for that one douche? we really coulda used some help making fun of #45 and the Ostertag look alike.
01-09-2007 01:17 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

ha... i had to skip that one cause of work but I'll be at them unless I can't skip class. Kinda glad I did
01-09-2007 03:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.