Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First full night of conference games + link to good page
Bookmark and Share
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
First full night of conference games + link to good page
Well tonight we find out a lot more about where our teams stand. I've also been using SI.com to check up on the conference scores and it's a pretty good site. Thought I would share it...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketb...ces/atsun/
01-02-2007 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

I like the way they have the conference stats listed. A good find!
01-02-2007 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators

Well from the results of the night it looks like:

UNF is worse than I thought, or Campbell is better...

ETSU/Belmont lived up to the hype.

G Webb is living up to the hype that they are rebuilding.

And Mercer is starting to show real team chemistry.
01-03-2007 12:40 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators

OH YEA -- and how did KSU beat Lipscomb?? Very impressive, I had already written them off.
01-03-2007 03:23 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell

MercerFan Wrote:UNF is worse than I thought, or Campbell is better....

Both!

A couple of Ospreys (incl their leading scorer) are out, pending academic issues. Sounded like they only had 8 players.

And as far as Campbell...MercerFan, I can tell by your picks that you're still not a believer!!! You've got the lone pick for JU beating the Camels Thursday. (I'm a little concerned myself since its on the road....picking CU but with a confidence level of only 1.)

78-48 was CU's biggest road victory margin in 30 years of D-1. We'll be tough to beat at home this year. The fans are fired up and I think the environment will be more hostile than ever.
01-03-2007 08:39 AM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators

K-State came to play tonight. They finally shot higher than 30% even though it was a pretty low scoring game. Ingle was a sour grape with 5 points, 9 assists and 39 minutes. Playing at home definately helped even though there was less than 300 people there.

I talked to some of the players and they knew they had to win this game. It would be way too long of a season to keep going at the rate we were. The young guys have turned it around and Shaun is lighting up the paint. He needs a little encouragement sometimes to get in the thick of it but overall his presence is why we're winning or staying close in these games. His double-double didn't hurt anything either.

Four players in double digits and Ingle wasn't one of them. Coach can't sit his senior son in favor of a freshman, I understand that but maybe let the kid have 10-15 minutes and see what he can do. The bench rest will help from the burnout experienced last year.

On a side note, ESPN and SI says we're 2-2 in the conference when we're only 1-2 with the win vs. Libscomb and losses to Mercer and Stetson.
01-03-2007 10:08 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

golden played well, yea he didnt shoot well, but he distributed the ball great and did an excellent job setting up the plays. he's the pg, and the most important stat for him is the assist.

iand nick, theres a reason zach is on the bench. his ball handling is average at best for a guard..and i'm saying that as a guard not a pg. his ball handling for a pg is below average. he isnt fast at all and isnt nearly strong enough for a d-1 level. he's got a great shot...when he's by himself in the gym, but in the game he plays scared.

golden may not be shooting well, but honestly if they sit him more in favor in zach the team will not win at all. ksu better be recruiting some pg's this year, cuz zach is not a future starter, or at least a good one anyway.

we have some talented freshman, Keith is goin to be a beast in time, and whipple has some serious talent, he just needs confidence. whipple needs one good game, and he'll be set for his college career. there is a reason uga and other big time schools were interested in him.

the funny thing about the game, the boxscore said attendance was 7 hundred and something. how the hell did they come to that conclusion?
01-03-2007 10:38 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Just like every school in this conference they count season tickets as attended
01-03-2007 11:04 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators

OrangeCamel Wrote:
MercerFan Wrote:UNF is worse than I thought, or Campbell is better....
MercerFan, I can tell by your picks that you're still not a believer!!! You've got the lone pick for JU beating the Camels Thursday. (I'm a little concerned myself since its on the road....picking CU but with a confidence level of only 1.)

It looks like I'm going to have to start believing! Home court is very important in the A SUN though, so that game might still be JU's to lose.
01-03-2007 01:01 PM
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

i knew that, but did we really sell that many season tix? w/e, the belmont game will prob have more people.
01-03-2007 01:01 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors

Seriously guys no offense, but PLEASE don't bring up attendance right now. ETSU fans were upset about last night's attendance at Belmont and it was called at 4054... There was probably about 3300 there legit, but that many season ticket holders no showed and there were about 30 students there.
01-03-2007 01:12 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Ha... attendance in the NCAA is stupid. I should have taken a picture last night. about 20 in the student section... maybe?

And you don't have to "sell" season tickets I don't believe. Coaches/families/educators... all those. It's the only way I can see that the attendance numbers are inflated for everyone cause KSU did it by the book the first year and got slammed for it. There was like 127 at one home game that year.
01-03-2007 02:17 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators

At least it was still winter break though...
01-03-2007 03:27 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

I did see the attendance at the UNF game was 435. Wow...
01-03-2007 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Runnin' Bulldog Pride Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GWU and the SEC

"G Webb is living up to the hype that they are rebuilding." -MercerFan

That's the only hype it looks like my Runnin' Bulldogs will be able to live up to this year. Having no interior offense and horrendous turnover problems is truly a lethal combination. I am sure the ETSU folks are shaking in their boots about making the trip to Boiling Springs on Sunday.
01-03-2007 05:41 PM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

well the sad thing was the FIU game had a lower number of ppl. well when schools back in session we can get the place loud again. we had a great student turnout in the two exhibitions and western kentucky.
01-03-2007 05:45 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators

Owlzfan84 Wrote:well the sad thing was the FIU game had a lower number of ppl. well when schools back in session we can get the place loud again. we had a great student turnout in the two exhibitions and western kentucky.

Nothing helps more like winning either... roll off another win or two
01-03-2007 06:17 PM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

Belmont's going to be a good game. They got an early reminder we're not a pushover courtesy of Lipscomb but I still think they'll underrate us. We've lost to some good OOC teams this year which has helped us get up to speed.
01-04-2007 03:47 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators

vs. Belmont:

"The Owls shot only 26 percent from the field, including 1-for-22 from 3-point range." - AP

Somethings got to change at practice, right? ug.
01-05-2007 09:50 AM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

Donators

Nick M Wrote:vs. Belmont:

"The Owls shot only 26 percent from the field, including 1-for-22 from 3-point range." - AP

Somethings got to change at practice, right? ug.

Whoa!
01-05-2007 12:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.