Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Belmont game
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators

Big game for the Bucs. I am kind of worried about our home crowd. How excited are they going to be to play a team they have really never heard of. Belmont beat UTC by 20 or so earlier this year so they are really good. We need the crowd in it to win.

Hopefully we will start that big lineup. Nuckles, Reed, and Sneed are hard to defend.
11-30-2005 12:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

etsuBucsFan1988 Offline
Millennial Grief Counselor

I Root For: ETSU Hoops

I think the fans will fine. They should understand that we are now in conference play and wns are important. It will be interesting to see how we handle Boomer Herndon inside. He is not an incredible player just huge (6-11, 250). He's averaging 14 pts and 6 rebs/game. He did have 18 pts and 5 rebs in a lost at OK, but only 8 pts and 4 rebs in win against UTC.
11-30-2005 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigBlueFan1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

what scares me about this one is the 3 point shooting of Belmont. I think they lead the nation in 3pt% right now. Wicke and Goodwin have been lighting it up. With our perimeter defense, it could be a long night. However, looking at their stats, there defense isn't a whole lot better than ours. Maybe one of those 110-105 games.

Inside, if we go big, we may be ok.
11-30-2005 09:10 AM
Advertisement

ETSUKA88 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I believe it will be all about the "3". If we can defend and get a hand in their face we can play inside with them. They are good, this will be a BIG game for us. We must win this game at Home. I would love to be there and watch the big men go at it. But unfortuanely I must rely on the internet.

Good Luck to the Bucs and all those who go! Have fun and raise the roof. :ecu:
11-30-2005 11:18 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU

ETSUKA88 Wrote:I believe it will be all about the "3". If we can defend and get a hand in their face we can play inside with them. They are good, this will be a BIG game for us. We must win this game at Home. I would love to be there and watch the big men go at it. But unfortuanely I must rely on the internet.

Good Luck to the Bucs and all those who go! Have fun and raise the roof. :ecu:
I think this is the key to the game as well. They made 17 against UTC and are shooting over 50% from the floor and beyond the arc. Impressive numbers. We cannot slack from the perimeter on these guys tonight or they will torch us.

I think another key is to play effective pressure 'D'. Their weakness this year (like ours) has been far too many turnovers. I think if we can play chanding defensive sets, with our athletes, that we can score a ton in transition.

Like 'fan1, I also like Monday nights lineup. They had great chemistry. My guess is that this is the lineup Bartow will go with tonight in light of Belmont having some big men of themselves.

I like our chances if we can play solid D.
12-01-2005 12:53 PM
ETSUKA88 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Based on what I have read in the papers I think Bartow was also impressed with the BIG lineup and I think we will definately start that way tonight. Pressure D and a good inside game I think gives us our best chance to win tonight.

GO BUCS
12-01-2005 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.