Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: When will be our next 7 win season?
[Show Results]

FOOTBALL: When will be our next 7 win season?
Bookmark and Share
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
FOOTBALL: When will be our next 7 win season?
I will guess 2010: THE YEAR WE MAKE A BOWL GAME.
01-19-2007 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BubbaTop Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Since your poll didn't extend passed 2010, I chose 2010. It's not likely because I feel this transition will be challenging.....However, I have faith and lots of HOPE.

GO TOPS
01-19-2007 10:56 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

It's a whole new world in I-A. WKU fans are going to have to be reprogrammed. In I-AA football, eight wins was a must, no more than losses. That's gone.

SIX WINS is the key now. A six win record is SUCCESS. That makes you bowl eligible. Granted, in the SBC it may not GET you a bowl game, but you are in the mix.

We won't have a winning record next year likely and not in 2008. Guys, this I-A transition is not a short-term thing. We are building for the FUTURE. Future may mean 10-15 years down the road. The SBC is going to be harder than many WKU fans want to admit. We are not going to just jump in and win it our first or second year.

But I am excited about what this will do for WKU, not only as an athletic department, but as an institution.
01-20-2007 11:03 AM
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte

galojay Wrote:It's a whole new world in I-A. The SBC is going to be harder than many WKU fans want to admit. We are not going to just jump in and win it our first or second year.

But I am excited about what this will do for WKU, not only as an athletic department, but as an institution.

You are correct; it will be difficult for Western at first as it was for Troy. Many fans on the Trojan Board berated SBC football and were positive they would walk in and own the football conference -- it did not happen!

I look forward to you guys coming on board in 2009, but it will not be a cake walk -- just ask Troy fans.
01-20-2007 11:47 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!

Since your poll didn't extend passed 2010, I chose 2010. It's not likely because I feel this transition will be challenging.....However, I have faith and lots of HOPE.

There was supposed to be another option for 'not in the forseeable future' but I don't know what happened to it.

It's a whole new world in I-A. WKU fans are going to have to be reprogrammed. In I-AA football, eight wins was a must, no more than losses. That's gone.

I also think that there needs to be a shift in marketing strategy to some extent. Every single game needs to be its own event; its own championship to some extent. Like with EKU, it doesn't matter if they're down or we're down... that game is an event for its own sake. Somehow we have to make every game that way.

You are correct; it will be difficult for Western at first as it was for Troy. Many fans on the Trojan Board berated SBC football and were positive they would walk in and own the football conference -- it did not happen!

I look forward to you guys coming on board in 2009, but it will not be a cake walk -- just ask Troy fans.

I agree, it will most definately not be easy. And I expect the next two or three seasons to be rough for WKU. But I do think that the Gateway is closer to the Sunbelt than some Sunbelt fans think also.
01-20-2007 07:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.